Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jason2885 said:
Loki all very good points.

The thing I dont get is that people have to get on here and bad mouth Sideshow stuff just because they dont like it and then call some of the people who love Sideshow's lines geeks. This is a place where people come to discuss Sideshow figures and sometime criticism is just but still do it without all the personal attacks. I dont think bashing the people who like it does anything but just make it a less pleasant place.

Thats just my two cents.

I am very proudly a SW geek and it was said jokingly.

The quote about others making comments about how those of us who complain that the onslaught of multiple $60+ figures (that many feel aren't worth that price) is too much on our wallets while they still live at home was not.

If anything, the ones who do the most bashing here are the cheerleaders who attack anyone who says anything negative about SS. I have all of the SW line so far and am pleased with all of them except lipstick Anakin and even then I'm happy to have the Sith Ani to take his place.

I do however see a disturbing trend with SS increasing prices, pumping out WAY more figures than they originally said at the beginning and frankly it stinks of greed to me.

If I were someone who made 6 figures a year, sure it'd be no problem to buy all of these figures but I'd say it's a safe bet that most SW collectors aren't doctors and lawyers. Of course everyone can say "well SS is a company and companies want to make profit" but they are not Wal-mart and from the impression they give off, they want to be seen as "fans who listen to fans" and want to make good products that are the best, most accurate collectibles on the market for a reasonable price.
They now seem to me like a company that did fairly well but have now tasted wealth from the new ownership of the SW license and are now trying to milk the hell out of it. I hope I'm wrong but after seeing great figures for $50 start to morph into "inclusive" figures with $30 accessories (that look like cheap pieces of plastic that should have been the exclusive item) and tiny $35 PVC creatures that could have been included with an already overpriced larger PVC creature that costs $120, I'm starting to lose faith.

Leia Bouush worth $60...sure.
Great head sculpt of Carrie Fisher and a complicated costume made from scratch with perfect detailing from the film.

Generic headed soldier with very simple fabric costume for $60...no.
Not to mention it seems Plo Koon is nothing more than a new head and hands thrown on a very slightly modified Mace Windu costume....for another $60.
One look at any pic of his costume from the film and it's obvious SS has it wrong and doesn't seem to really care because they're just going to kit bash him with Mace's costume to save money. How could they also not even get his saber color right when it's the only color he used in every shot of the films? How much research are they even doing now in between trying to pump out as many as possible? Are the accuracy of the characters going to suffer in the mad rush of trying to produce as many figures as possible?

I read a quote the price increase was because of the cost of his head and hand sculpt? Yeah, right.

Kit Fisto had an even larger head sculpt and new hands, not to mention a 100% accurate costume for $5 less.
Even his box had to be larger which I'm sure should have added to the cost but it didn't. Probably because he was sold while SS was still "testing the waters" and selling the figures for as cheap as possible trying to get as many new SW collectors new to them (like myself) as new customers. Now they know they can put out any character they want and charge any price and it will sell out.

Again, I've been pretty pleased as a new customer to SS but they have very obvious issues that need to be addressed and the fact anyone who brings them up is instantly pounced on my jlcmsu and the other regular "SS can do no wrong" people is BS.

They should be shipping the figures double boxed like 99% of every other collectibles company without charging us another $8 for a $2 box and a couple of air bubbles.

They should be pacing out the figures better instead of slamming us with so much stuff you have to be rich to afford a complete collection.

If a figure is way more complicated to produce like say Vader, Fett or Queen Amidala then I'll gladly pay way more than $60 for them but the fact they could sell a great figure like Luke for $50 and then what is little more than a $20 GI Joe figure for $60 smacks of greed. The fact they then sell 3 variations of it is just insult to injury.

I wonder if they only have the license for only a limited few years and they are trying to make as many millions as possible off it in case they lose it.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasbro is watching the huge amount of money they are making and take it back in a few years and try to make a better (even though they would never touch SS's) SW 12" line of their own again.

I hope SS keeps the 12" license forever but agree with other that they are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot by the way they handle it and in the end just turn collectors away by it. I've collected every 3 3/4" Hasbro figure made since 1995 and I know I've gotten almost discouraged enough to stop altogether when I've gotten really behind getting them. My best buddy stopped totally when he got sick of not being able to find them all. It is true that of any license, SW collectors are true completists and SS WILL lose many customers if they make it too difficult for a large many of us to get them all.

I came here to talk about these figures and voice my opinions like the rest of you. Feel free to read my posts from the beginning and you'll see they have been far more positive of the figures than negative. The problem here is that as long as you're going along with the SS can do no wrong attitude, you're loved by all but the moment you say something negative you get attacked.

This place seems to be a safe haven for the people who can't take all the criticism at rebelscum and want to have a boring Care Bear land where everyone just posts about how SS is the most flawless compnay in the world and all their porducts are perfect.

Well, like many here have said, if mediocracy suits you then more power to you but some like myself want these figures to be the best they can be and if none of us voice our displeasure with things then we'll all have to suffer with mediocracy.

I think most people here seem to be rational cool people except jlcmsu who has to be the biggest hypocrite alive. He's all rolling smilies and LOL comments when he's replying to posts praising SS but then all "you're a %$#* idiot and a @!#$% fool" if you say some that's not.

The fact he's just some grown adult who still lives at home yet feels the need to play board nazi and decide whose opinon is or isn't valid speaks volumes.

Dude, you need to get out of your parents house, stop living on this and rebelscums boards and grow up a little and then maybe you can bring something to the table that has some substance instead of just making 50,000 posts of buttkissing drivel and attacks towards others who actually have an opinion.

If I'm correct that this isn't a place where you can speak your opinion, good or bad, without jerks like him and a few others attacking me for not being just another "SS cheerleader" then I'll gladly make this my last post and move on.

I'll continue to try and collect this line and continue to go about my life. I only came here because I know the SS people listen to us here and the opportunity to directly interact with the company making the figures I'm collecting is too great to pass up.

I think I will end up getting all three. The whole thing with the Giftcard is to me its free and I will take it. As far as all these people saying that the gift card wont work on the Tie Pilot have you ever though that the card was made to work on Sideshow Products? I am betting the margin on the the VCD figures is much lower then on there own products. Would you prefer they give you a card that is $25 dollars of any single instock item over say $100 which is what a lot of companies do. The fact that they are letting you get a $25 dollar item for free works for me.

Ohh wait I forgot the required complaint in this post. Lets see the one guy in the front looks a lil fat:lol

Ya see... you can have an opinion here and most people have a lot of them. I'm not thrilled about the Endor set, but I kinda like the vintage style commando so I'll probably pick him up. And I agree with you that the prices seem to be increasing... but we've yet to see what SS will actually charge for these.

But the problem (for me at least) is you post a couple of tantrum statements against someone and at board members in general that (at the time) was unprovoked. It was unecessary and rude. Enjoy the figures or don't, be happy with the prices or not... but the tirades against others is childish.

mfoga said:
I think I will end up getting all three. The whole thing with the Giftcard is to me its free and I will take it. As far as all these people saying that the gift card wont work on the Tie Pilot have you ever though that the card was made to work on Sideshow Products? I am betting the margin on the the VCD figures is much lower then on there own products. Would you prefer they give you a card that is $25 dollars of any single instock item over say $100 which is what a lot of companies do. The fact that they are letting you get a $25 dollar item for free works for me.

Ohh wait I forgot the required complaint in this post. Lets see the one guy in the front looks a lil fat:lol
I think Im going to buy a George Washington or one of the military figures with my gift card. It is not really good for Star Wars but it will expand our Sideshow collections possibly. i just hope George is still in stock when I get it

Hey Poggle the Greater, don't feel bad about all of this drama on the board. I think you've brought up a lot of valid points in your posts in this thread and I don't think your criticisms about Sideshow are unjustified. I understand where your coming from and I don't think you should leave the board over the Endor Rebel Combo Deal. You should be entitled to your opinion, just like myself and everyone else on the board.

You make a lot of valid points in that post, though it may be the longest I've ever seen.

From all that the main issue you seem to have is price. I will agree that I'm a bit disturbed by the trend of increasing prices. But be fair about these Rebels, as we don't have an official price yet. $55-60 seems reasonable for these figures, I just hope we've seen the last of the pricing increases except for the much more complicated figures like Vader and Greivous.

I can't really comment on the number of figures being released because I don't know what the original number was supposed to be. I know we just had a huge influx of deliveries that has some people a little wound up. But we should have about a 2 month break til the next figure is shipped. And we, the fans and collectors, are always the one's screaming for the next figure to ship or be announced.

As for Josh, I don't know him so I won't make any personal remarks about him as you've done. I wish I had someone to help with my rent, groceries, utilities so I could collect all the lines that I like. So I won't attack him for being smart enough to save money. Though I'll admit that I had to get away from my parents as soon as I could (love em to death, just annoyed the piss out of me). I've given him a hard time about his constant 3 smillee posts to keep up that impressive/sad post count. And I'll admit that he does seem to take most criticism about anything SS as a personal attack. I'm not sure if he's on the SS payroll or not. But I love his enthusiasm for the product. And when he's not leaving posts like :lol :lol :lol , he has some good ideas and valid points of view.

So why don't you two just kiss and make up? :peace

Welp, here is my .02. I will buy what I like and not buy what I don't like. And to everybody else, I could care less what you get or don't get.. makes no difference to me. I know all the good figs will come soon enough and with all the recent no buys for me I am saving money for the ones I want.

Darth Loki said:
I can't really comment on the number of figures being released because I don't know what the original number was supposed to be.

I remember reading or hearing somewhere it would be around 9 the first year. Can anyone corroborate that?

Darth Rage said:
I remember reading or hearing somewhere it would be around 9 the first year. Can anyone corroborate that?

I remember it being said that there would be around 8-10 the first year. I have eight, and Darth Maul will ship before Christmas, so that makes 9 figures. Right in the middle of the estimate we were given for 2006.

Dang! I make one comment about what my living situation is and it gets turned into something. :lol

Here's the thing. When I got out of college in December of 2004 I fully expected last school year to be my first full year of teaching. The job market was just slim for my area of education so I had to sub full time. You don't make a lot of money even just subbing full time especially when you're helping with some bills. Which I did because I thought it was more than fair. Now, I'm in my first full year trying to save for a brand new car and my own home which I hope to buy next summer. I want to buy a house not some apartment. So leaving home right now just wasn't smart. On top of that I have other bills now like health insurance, dental, eye, car (will have), and a couple others. So It's not like I'm living at home scott free by anymeans. My folks are awesome the members who got to meet my dad at SDCC like him anyways :lol but I do want to move out.

I want to make this clear. I am not on SS Payroll. I've never worked for them ever. I would love to honestly but unless they can work some job out where I can live here in Missouri and fly in a few times a month that just isn't gonna happen. However, I am a huge fan of the work they do on the lines I collect. Sometimes I react to harshly I admit that. The reason I do though is because sometimes people react to harshly to an announcement or whatever. Calling names about the product or SS. I'm sorry but we're adults here we can figure out how to say something blows without saying that. I hope we could at least. Anytime I've come down harsh on someone personally is if they have struck first blood so to speak. Otherwise I'll make some comment like basically its crazy to say something like that. I don't go after someone the way Poggle has done in this thread about me. I don't play that game. I'm hardcore SS. If that makes me a fanboy, cheerleader, buttkisser, etc. fine with me because I can live with it and be happy. SS has never come to me and said josh quit being such a fan. If they do I would back off big time.

I won't be getting the set, but it's still cool of SSC to do that. I know a lot of collectors have wanted a choice in this matter and boxing all three with a small discount is exactly what many of them wanted.

That said, I will only get one of them... I just wasn't a big fan of the Endor soldiers.

I think that this has caused a LOT more drama than is really needed. It's just a couple of figures... made by a company.....to satisfy the fans. And while I agree that Plo seems like he's wearing the exact same costume as Mace, sans robe.... I don't really care. I don't remember seeing his full gear in the movie anyway, all I remember is that robe.

Anyway, you just have to remember that SSC has to go through Lucasfilm with each and every figure they make. So if Lucasfilm ok'ed it, SSC is not the only one's in the wrong. And besides, they fixed the saber color.... so that shows that they listen.

And I'm by no means a SSC Cheerleader, and many of us here aren't either. We all have things that bother us about SSC, and about the way things happen. But we voice them here. Hell, many posts lately have been negative in tone anyway....

Too many Jedi..... Not enough Sith.... Bad paint apps.... high prices....saber colors.... Poncho's too short....Qui-Gon's Hair.....Leatherface's hair....

You get the picture... :lol

We all have issues here and there, but we all love SSC or we would not be here.... So expect reactions from time to time. But never be afraid of voicing your opinion....

Poggle the Greater said:
I am very proudly a SW geek and it was said jokingly.

The quote about others making comments about how those of us who complain that the onslaught of multiple $60+ figures (that many feel aren't worth that price) is too much on our wallets while they still live at home was not.

If anything, the ones who do the most bashing here are the cheerleaders who attack anyone who says anything negative about SS. I have all of the SW line so far and am pleased with all of them except lipstick Anakin and even then I'm happy to have the Sith Ani to take his place.

I do however see a disturbing trend with SS increasing prices, pumping out WAY more figures than they originally said at the beginning and frankly it stinks of greed to me.

If I were someone who made 6 figures a year, sure it'd be no problem to buy all of these figures but I'd say it's a safe bet that most SW collectors aren't doctors and lawyers. Of course everyone can say "well SS is a company and companies want to make profit" but they are not Wal-mart and from the impression they give off, they want to be seen as "fans who listen to fans" and want to make good products that are the best, most accurate collectibles on the market for a reasonable price.
They now seem to me like a company that did fairly well but have now tasted wealth from the new ownership of the SW license and are now trying to milk the hell out of it. I hope I'm wrong but after seeing great figures for $50 start to morph into "inclusive" figures with $30 accessories (that look like cheap pieces of plastic that should have been the exclusive item) and tiny $35 PVC creatures that could have been included with an already overpriced larger PVC creature that costs $120, I'm starting to lose faith.

Leia Bouush worth $60...sure.
Great head sculpt of Carrie Fisher and a complicated costume made from scratch with perfect detailing from the film.

Generic headed soldier with very simple fabric costume for $60...no.
Not to mention it seems Plo Koon is nothing more than a new head and hands thrown on a very slightly modified Mace Windu costume....for another $60.
One look at any pic of his costume from the film and it's obvious SS has it wrong and doesn't seem to really care because they're just going to kit bash him with Mace's costume to save money. How could they also not even get his saber color right when it's the only color he used in every shot of the films? How much research are they even doing now in between trying to pump out as many as possible? Are the accuracy of the characters going to suffer in the mad rush of trying to produce as many figures as possible?

I read a quote the price increase was because of the cost of his head and hand sculpt? Yeah, right.

Kit Fisto had an even larger head sculpt and new hands, not to mention a 100% accurate costume for $5 less.
Even his box had to be larger which I'm sure should have added to the cost but it didn't. Probably because he was sold while SS was still "testing the waters" and selling the figures for as cheap as possible trying to get as many new SW collectors new to them (like myself) as new customers. Now they know they can put out any character they want and charge any price and it will sell out.

Again, I've been pretty pleased as a new customer to SS but they have very obvious issues that need to be addressed and the fact anyone who brings them up is instantly pounced on my jlcmsu and the other regular "SS can do no wrong" people is BS.

They should be shipping the figures double boxed like 99% of every other collectibles company without charging us another $8 for a $2 box and a couple of air bubbles.

They should be pacing out the figures better instead of slamming us with so much stuff you have to be rich to afford a complete collection.

If a figure is way more complicated to produce like say Vader, Fett or Queen Amidala then I'll gladly pay way more than $60 for them but the fact they could sell a great figure like Luke for $50 and then what is little more than a $20 GI Joe figure for $60 smacks of greed. The fact they then sell 3 variations of it is just insult to injury.

I wonder if they only have the license for only a limited few years and they are trying to make as many millions as possible off it in case they lose it.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hasbro is watching the huge amount of money they are making and take it back in a few years and try to make a better (even though they would never touch SS's) SW 12" line of their own again.

I hope SS keeps the 12" license forever but agree with other that they are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot by the way they handle it and in the end just turn collectors away by it. I've collected every 3 3/4" Hasbro figure made since 1995 and I know I've gotten almost discouraged enough to stop altogether when I've gotten really behind getting them. My best buddy stopped totally when he got sick of not being able to find them all. It is true that of any license, SW collectors are true completists and SS WILL lose many customers if they make it too difficult for a large many of us to get them all.

I came here to talk about these figures and voice my opinions like the rest of you. Feel free to read my posts from the beginning and you'll see they have been far more positive of the figures than negative. The problem here is that as long as you're going along with the SS can do no wrong attitude, you're loved by all but the moment you say something negative you get attacked.

This place seems to be a safe haven for the people who can't take all the criticism at rebelscum and want to have a boring Care Bear land where everyone just posts about how SS is the most flawless compnay in the world and all their porducts are perfect.

Well, like many here have said, if mediocracy suits you then more power to you but some like myself want these figures to be the best they can be and if none of us voice our displeasure with things then we'll all have to suffer with mediocracy.

I think most people here seem to be rational cool people except jlcmsu who has to be the biggest hypocrite alive. He's all rolling smilies and LOL comments when he's replying to posts praising SS but then all "you're a %$#* idiot and a @!#$% fool" if you say some that's not.

The fact he's just some grown adult who still lives at home yet feels the need to play board nazi and decide whose opinon is or isn't valid speaks volumes.

Dude, you need to get out of your parents house, stop living on this and rebelscums boards and grow up a little and then maybe you can bring something to the table that has some substance instead of just making 50,000 posts of buttkissing drivel and attacks towards others who actually have an opinion.

If I'm correct that this isn't a place where you can speak your opinion, good or bad, without jerks like him and a few others attacking me for not being just another "SS cheerleader" then I'll gladly make this my last post and move on.

I'll continue to try and collect this line and continue to go about my life. I only came here because I know the SS people listen to us here and the opportunity to directly interact with the company making the figures I'm collecting is too great to pass up.

Holy ****, how long did you spend typing this **** up????

I think it's time that SideshowDusty address this Giftcard issue. Isn't a fact that the only reason SSC is giving these giftcards out to thousands of people is to get rid of stale product that has been sitting in the warehouse that no one wants?

To make this a real deal SSC should take the 25 off the set of 3 and forget about the other BS. The figures should ship together anyways, so the shipping benefit is moot. I don't care about getting my toys before the other guy so truthfully there isn't a deal at all. If there is one plus to this is (I believe someone else mentioned this)we wont have to per-order on-line 3 separate times. The exclusives better be pretty awesome for an extra 30 bucks.

So SideshowDusty what do you say?

She's welcome to, of course, but I don't think Dusty need chime in at all. We've been offered a deal. There will be no bargain. Take it or leave it.

Oh, and I AM a Sideshow cheerleader. I'm rooting for them to win with every post. Does my team falter occasionally? Yep. But not in any way that makes me less proud or makes me want to move on. Even the flaws are fun. They're a chance to "improve" it myself. Fun. That's what it's all about. Yo. :cool:

Okay...a little blurry-eyed here...just got done with another 14hr pull at work (gotta get the extra cash for these cool figs somehow :))and I caught the name of the thread....wandered in and bam! Lotsa long posts about lotsa stuff with lotsa back n' forth that I'm sure is real nice but I just want the basics on the topic here...and forgive me if it's been addressed between all the long posts on who knows what but...

Is the bundle deal gonna be cheaper or just a convenient way to get all three in on one order?

Is there an exclusive item involved?

Can the giftcard be used for any regular item currently availible on the SS site?

Exactly when is this pre-order window?

How much are these guys individually vs. the set (if there's a difference that is)?

Again, my apoligies if all that's been covered but I'm just lookin' for a recap here...

Back