Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

How many of the rest of you geeks are basement dwellers yet love to attack those of us who have to work for a living who want to have complete collections yet can't because we can't afford for SS to pump out 3 figures at a time for $60 each?

If jlcmsu had to pay his own rent and buy his own food instead of having mom cook for him everynight, maybe he'd be singing a different tune.

Come to think of it... nah, he'd just be living in a shack eating ramen noodles and sleeping on a bed of 12" figures so he could still be #1 SS buttkisser.

I personally like the Endor figures but making just one of them would have been sufficient. Not to mention $60 ($70+ w/ shipping if you want to pay them an extra $8 so the box doesn't arrive crushed) for a generic head on a $20 body with one of the most minimal costumes in the movie is just BS.

There's a time to call a spade a spade yet some of you lemmings would still praise and defend a SS $90 Jawa if they made it.

You dummies keep telling SS you'll buy every single thing half-assed figure they pump out at whatever price and they'll do exactly that.

Poggle the Greater said:

How many of the rest of you geeks are basement dwellers yet love to attack those of us who have to work for a living who want to have complete collections yet can't because we can't afford for SS to pump out 3 figures at a time for $60 each?
Actually to be fair I live on the main level of my families house and I have a complete collection of Sideshow Exclusive Star Wars figures and now PF and I have everything Hasbro has released with the exception of about 20 pieces since 95. I will be graduating next spring and hopefully I can gain employment as an electrical engineer and I will be able to buy more Star Wars, like Gentle Giant stuff.

Mookeylama said:
so when does this 3 pack go up for sale?
Next Thursday when the newsletter goes up. I will be waiting for it to come online I cant wait.

I hope the Probe Droids remain in stock by the time I get the giftcard. I'll use it on that.

I'd prefer a $25 discount on the entire order, but $25 gift card is better than nothing.

I'll buy all 3 because these are fun toys. And not because I have money up the wazoo. What's good about sideshow is that from the moment you pre-order something, it's up to you on how to handle your own budget. You can start saving towards your future purchases right away, or you can just act like nothing changed and then go "OH MAN, I'VE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY" when they start arriving at your doorstep.

I KNOW jabba is gonna be a heavy blow so I only go to the strip clubs once a week now. :lol

Poggle the Greater said:
There's a time to call a spade a spade
I believe I already did that. You're the perfect example of why this forum is becoming less enjoyable by the day.

Wow.. and people call jlcmsu out on personal attacks?

Anyway, I am thinking these sets are going to be 1 per order which makes me sad. I wanted to get a second set so that I can cannabalize their gear and such to make an AA trooper and use a helmet for Luke and maybe even try a Leia.

Coheteboy said:
I KNOW jabba is gonna be a heavy blow so I only go to the strip clubs once a week now. :lol

Really I figured you'd make more money if you went 2-3times to shake that ass... just don't loose all those dollars up your nose in the VIP room:lol

Poggle the Greater said:

If jlcmsu had to pay his own rent and buy his own food instead of having mom cook for him everynight, maybe he'd be singing a different tune.

Come to think of it... nah, he'd just be living in a shack eating ramen noodles and sleeping on a bed of 12" figures so he could still be #1 SS buttkisser.

I personally like the Endor figures but making just one of them would have been sufficient. Not to mention $60 ($70+ w/ shipping if you want to pay them an extra $8 so the box doesn't arrive crushed) for a generic head on a $20 body with one of the most minimal costumes in the movie is just BS.

There's a time to call a spade a spade yet some of you lemmings would still praise and defend a SS $90 Jawa if they made it.

You dummies keep telling SS you'll buy every single thing half-assed figure they pump out at whatever price and they'll do exactly that.

There's also a time to call an ass an ass, and you are being an ass.

SS is a business, and like every other business operates under the principles of supply and demand. Their product has a fairly limited supply (SW items anyway), with a large demand (Plo Koon exclusive sold out in about 20 minutes). You need to realize that there is a much larger SW and SS fanbase than the few score of us that frequent this board. SS could get away with charging upwards of $75-80 a 12" and still sell out. They might not sell out as fast, but they'd still sell out.

If you are correct that the SS body is about $20, I personally have no idea, then SS isn't making much money per 12". My company sells our product for roughly 3-5 times our cost of production. When you factor in design and sculpting and the numerous other things that we don't know that go into making these figures, there's no way in hell SS is making that much. If retailers are selling these for $50, I'd imagine their cost is between $30-35.

I think it's a bit unfair to bash or name call those that support SS, especially considering we all CHOOSE to purchase from them. I don't know anyone here is was ever forced to buy something from SS. I live on my own now and like you, have to make many financial decisions trying to keep up with my ever growing collection. If you are unhappy with a decision by SS, voice your opinion in the best way possible, don't buy what ever it is you're not happy about.

I'm glad that they've done 3 different characters for the Endor Rebels. It gives a lot more realism to being able to pose them together, as a team. You however have the option of only getting one if that's all you deam necessary for your collection. I could see some people being upset if they only offered them as a group, but they haven't.

I'm assuming mostly all of us would be considered geeks in some way shape or form considering the forum we are on, so I would be a bit more careful when trying to stereotype and label those that you know very little about.

Darth Rage said:
And since it's a combo will it come with fries and a drink?
No because they cant guarantee that the drink wont spill on its way to you, and the fries would be a little cold after the trip.

Batty said:
You'd think this was RS considering how much complaining is going on.

:lol You're right! This is getting out of hand. But I believe most of the flaming would stop if people would let others express their opinion, be it for or against a certain product, without lashing out at them. It seems to me that some people take others comment on products too personally, although it's not directed towards them. Just ingnore their post unless you have something constructive to say, and nothing personal (like insults). This goes for both sides!

Darth Loki said:
There's also a time to call an ass an ass, and you are being an ass.

SS is a business, and like every other business operates under the principles of supply and demand. Their product has a fairly limited supply (SW items anyway), with a large demand (Plo Koon exclusive sold out in about 20 minutes). You need to realize that there is a much larger SW and SS fanbase than the few score of us that frequent this board. SS could get away with charging upwards of $75-80 a 12" and still sell out. They might not sell out as fast, but they'd still sell out.

If you are correct that the SS body is about $20, I personally have no idea, then SS isn't making much money per 12". My company sells our product for roughly 3-5 times our cost of production. When you factor in design and sculpting and the numerous other things that we don't know that go into making these figures, there's no way in hell SS is making that much. If retailers are selling these for $50, I'd imagine their cost is between $30-35.

I think it's a bit unfair to bash or name call those that support SS, especially considering we all CHOOSE to purchase from them. I don't know anyone here is was ever forced to buy something from SS. I live on my own now and like you, have to make many financial decisions trying to keep up with my ever growing collection. If you are unhappy with a decision by SS, voice your opinion in the best way possible, don't buy what ever it is you're not happy about.

I'm glad that they've done 3 different characters for the Endor Rebels. It gives a lot more realism to being able to pose them together, as a team. You however have the option of only getting one if that's all you deam necessary for your collection. I could see some people being upset if they only offered them as a group, but they haven't.

I'm assuming mostly all of us would be considered geeks in some way shape or form considering the forum we are on, so I would be a bit more careful when trying to stereotype and label those that you know very little about.
Loki all very good points.

The thing I dont get is that people have to get on here and bad mouth Sideshow stuff just because they dont like it and then call some of the people who love Sideshow's lines geeks. This is a place where people come to discuss Sideshow figures and sometime criticism is just but still do it without all the personal attacks. I dont think bashing the people who like it does anything but just make it a less pleasant place.

Thats just my two cents.

jason2885 said:
Loki all very good points.

The thing I dont get is that people have to get on here and bad mouth Sideshow stuff just because they dont like it and then call some of the people who love Sideshow's lines geeks. This is a place where people come to discuss Sideshow figures and sometime criticism is just but still do it without all the personal attacks. I dont think bashing the people who like it does anything but just make it a less pleasant place.

Thats just my two cents.
Both sides are this way!:D

BLIT1578.JPG

Darth Loki said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I know that BBI/Dragon figs cost about $30 each for retailers, and they sell them for around $45. $60 is a very reasonable price, cmon think about. These guys dont have authentic Mark Hamil likenesses but theyre loaded with gear, plus the helmets mean theyre either removable, sculpted on, or have changable heads, all of those mean higher cost. Dont get them if you dont like them, but saying that SS is stupid for making these guys is foolish. Kit Fisto didnt ruin the Jedi line and these guys arent gonna ruin the military line. Everyone wants clones and stormys but with SS's relationship with Medicom, releasing their own trooper at the same time as Medicoms would be a conflict of interest. Its pretty safe too assume that SS's troopers will be taller and come with more than just a blaster, it'll be worth the wait at a third of the price as Medicoms.

Sorry everyone just rambling:D

Back