Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customikey said:
I'm pretty sure you could have said what you wanted without being a condescending jerk. And that's all I'm saying. You don't have to go all militant to get your point across, and you don't have to be unpleasant to be heard. I never said we all need to suck SSC's ass. I never said you couldn't say what's on your mind. Preach on. But try not to be such a f*ckin' prat while you're doing it. It's all in how you choose to represent yourself.

And welcome to the boards. I'm sure you're presence is a blessing to us all.

:fireworks :clap :clap :fireworks

Well said Mikey... its not complaining or critiques that are bad... its this negative and *****y tone that people need to take. Sure we can disagree, but getting all huffy and personal is just lame.

Customikey said:
I'm pretty sure you could have said what you wanted without being a condescending jerk. And that's all I'm saying. You don't have to go all militant to get your point across, and you don't have to be unpleasant to be heard. I never said we all need to suck SSC's ass. I never said you couldn't say what's on your mind. Preach on. But try not to be such a f*ckin' prat while you're doing it. It's all in how you choose to represent yourself.

And welcome to the boards. I'm sure you're presence is a blessing to us all.
Condescending jerk? Well that pretty much sums you up now doesn't. The thing is we wouldn't be having this discussion is you would had respected my thoughts in the 1st place. BTW thanks for the wonderful welcome. I'm sure I will have a very fruitful experience here with you all. :cool:

Customikey said:
Not really. My only regret is that Star Wars fans have developed a nasty reputation for negativity and sour attitude. And maybe it'sa a well-deserved reputation. The longer Sideshow holds the Star Wars license, the less this board has felt like a safe, comfortable, friendly, and accepting place. What was predominantly a flowering community with a few sour apples, has become a series of negative flaming threads, mostly located in the Star Wars forum, you might notice. It's a shame that it is so. I don't think it's a chronic problem, but the influx of new members can mainly be attributed to Star Wars, and the board is experiencing some growing pains.

Check out some forums dedicated to Star Trek or DC Comics collectibles sometimes. Rebelscum is the land of milk and honey compared to some of those...

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think this is what Customikey is referring to. The slow decline of civility that seems to have taken place since the start of the 1/6 Star Wars line. It's not worshippers we're looking for, just common courtesy and a semblance of good manners.

Funny how much this board has changed, really; when the SSW line was booming there was the occasional troll here and there, but only a few, and they were easily discarded. The rise of a majority of 12" collectors has almost produced a complete overhaul of the entire board; what gives dollie collectors? Why are you all so rude!?

*I kid, kinda* :monkey3

exactly my thinking. people take this stuff in the interweb way too seriously. i started visiting this site roughly around the time the SW 1/6 line started coming out. and i love this place, great folks, great information, great feedback from the actual company thats actually producing said products, but whats the deal with the noobs that come on here with the attitudes getting all crazy???

im not a big fan on the rebel troops, but whatever someone else likes it and i 100% respect their interests. another reason why im not gonna get them is the lack of funding. im trying to stick with with what i can afford so im assured i will get everyone of the figures in the line.

what a crazy thread. I think I'll go back to LOTR Faramir thread instead :rotfl

Tom, that picture was great...thats what Fosters will do to ya. not that I know from experience or anything....

Customikey said:
She's welcome to, of course, but I don't think Dusty need chime in at all. We've been offered a deal. There will be no bargain. Take it or leave it.

Oh, and I AM a Sideshow cheerleader. I'm rooting for them to win with every post. Does my team falter occasionally? Yep. But not in any way that makes me less proud or makes me want to move on. Even the flaws are fun. They're a chance to "improve" it myself. Fun. That's what it's all about. Yo. :cool:

Dude.....that's probably the best paragraph I've read in MONTHS!! You somehow summed my feelings up with words that I could not manage yesterday when I typed my response....

Ditto!!! :D

And this place HAS become a haven for negativity lately... We don't want perfect little SSC cheerleaders, but we DO want people who can express their dislike for something without getting personal and mean-spirited with their comments. Sad to say, but SW has brought a LOT of that lately. I came in with the SW crowd, and I'm a HUGE fan. But even on the Friday the 13th boards we have more pleasant posters.

I tried to go over to RS and post, tried to see if it was really as bad as what people have told me. Now, it's not as terrible as had been said but it still reeks of the "Dark Side" over there. Every post I gave was met with at least one or two negative responses. I understand that it's bound to happen, but it really struck me and made me not want to post there again.....

My repaints aren't perfect and neither am I, but at least here I garner a little bit more respect than I did in that place. That negativity and Evil aura is the last thing we need over here, so please.... newer guys.... just keep a good tone and be respectful and I promise that everyone here will be 100% kind in return.

:peace

Last edited:
"Star Wars fans are very demanding... and they should be."

- Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm.

Just food for thought as some of you wrestle with the boom in critical thought toward SSC once the SW lines got going. This just comes with the territory.

Turbo said:
Condescending jerk? Well that pretty much sums you up now doesn't. The thing is we wouldn't be having this discussion is you would had respected my thoughts in the 1st place. BTW thanks for the wonderful welcome. I'm sure I will have a very fruitful experience here with you all. :cool:

Welcome to the forum Turbo! Please know that not everyone is a condescending jerk on this forum! Again, welcome! :chew :chew :chew :chew :D

I have to agree that all this bickering is getitng way out of hand. If they make someone you don't like then don't get it but why would you complian endlessly about it? There are obviously many people who do want the troopers so let them have them and move on. They will get to all the major characters in time.

tarkin_1.jpg

"This bickering is pointless!"

there is another forum for bickering :rolleyes: ...and most of you know which forum I am talking about :eek:

I love Endor and I love Endor Rebel Troopers. Honestly, if it is possible for me to do it, I'd really love to buy all 3 of these guys. I think they look pretty cool. I'm just worried about the future because I know I'll want to get a few Clones, a few Stormtroopers, a few Hoth Rebels, a couple Royal Guards and etc. and I'm not sure if budget and space will allow me to do that. I do like the fact that I can pre-order them when the newsletter hits. I really get shafted during the Friday the Priority Pre-Orders. I'm almost always busy during them.

Most SW fans are pretty cool there are some that make it rough on the rest of us but it's cool. My gripe is like was said by someone else already. Say what you don't like but say it in a civil manner. If you don't like the price, design, detail, character, etc no need to virtually call names. Folks here are better than that. This is what ruffles my feathers a bit and I think others as well.

nash said:
Josh, what subject do you teach?

5th and 6th Grade Computers. (Keyboarding & Computer Apps.)

jlcmsu said:
Most SW fans are pretty cool there are some that make it rough on the rest of us but it's cool. My gripe is like was said by someone else already. Say what you don't like but say it in a civil manner. If you don't like the price, design, detail, character, etc no need to virtually call names. Folks here are better than that. This is what ruffles my feathers a bit and I think others as well.

Yea, I'm not a big fan of the rebel combo, so I won't buy it. No point in calling others name who like them or will buy them.

IrishJedi said:
"Star Wars fans are very demanding... and they should be."

- Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm.

Just food for thought as some of you wrestle with the boom in critical thought toward SSC once the SW lines got going. This just comes with the territory.

Exactly.

Sideshow having this license is going to be a double edged sword: everyone is excited to have them making great figures but the flipside is that now everything they make will be put under the microscope of the most critical, anal retentive fans on the planet.

It seems maybe some of you who are more casual fans than many of us SW collector fanatics are not used to the onslaught of constant arguing and debates that come with the release of every Star Wars toy.

There's no need to get defensive of the company you love and get that worked up when some nit pick and criticise these figures. Sometimes the fervor of many of our comments is mistaken as people just wanting to be dickheads and bicker but in reality it's just that us longtime SW collectors are just excited to have a company like SS doing this line that we want it to be as absolutely perfect as they can be.

We also have been dealing with a company like Hasbro for over a decade and if you're familiar with their business practices you'll better understand why many of us get overly suspicious when SS does price hikes and things that look like rehashes or are not screen accurate. We've been screwed over so many times that we're like beaten dogs that are weary of our masters hand.

The fact that Hasbro has never listened to squat that we say (the new Q&A's on the major SW sites is even pretty much a joke) and now we have SS who not only listens but interacts directly with us on this site is just going to make collectors even more outspoken.

As long as SS is making these SW figures it will always be like this and probably only get worse. If this much flak is coming from Endor soldiers just wait until they make Vader, Fett and the clones...

Being critical doesn't necessarily mean being negative, and it certainly doesn't mean being rude or mean spirited. Roger Ebert is one of my favorite film critics, and it is his job to be critical--but he is motivated by a great love of film, and his critical approach often leads him to compliment the film he has seen. So criticism can be positive or negative; constructive or destructive. It is often the people who look at something with the most critical eye that are the ones who have the greatest love/devotion/interest in the thing being scrutinized. A complete and total lack of criticism or judgment is a sign of apathy. It is possible to be critical of something that you like, or even if you don't like it, at least to be very friendly and constructive about your comments.

So in general, I don't agree that we shouldn't be critical of Sideshow or their products--in the healthy and positive sense. That kind of courteous and spirited discussion is why we have these boards in the first place.

Back