Endor Rebel Combo Deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But there is a difference in giving criticism and just being down right whiney!

"They should have release so and so instead"
"Why are they charging so much i cant be a completist and get everything i want"

That is whiney and what 90% of the negative posts are made up of.

Ugh, I just struggled through this thread and first off I have to say--
WELCOME SCUMMERS!

I was going to edit this thread, but I know Josh has a thick skin and can take it by now, and some valuable (if rude) comments have been made.

I don't read RS, but I get the impression that the criticisms of product that come from many of the members there come from the frustration of having collectibles from your favorite films being created by a faceless, mindless corporation such as Hasbro. That company never responded to the fans, never communicated with the fans and rarely offered product that that fans felt were completely satisfactory.

But things are different with SSC. First off they are fans too. Sideshow started as a garage kit company. Most of the sculptors and designers come from the film industry.

And I think most people will agree that they actually listen to their clientele. They communicate with fans - how many weekly newsletters did Hasbro ever put out? Many of us have chatted with SSC personnel and feel like the Star Wars line and company are in good hands. Now if you're a SW fan and this is your first exposure to SSC, I can see how any little production misstep or curious marketing or release decision could make you crazy. Just as those of us who have bought other product from SSC know that they might not deliver 100% of the time, but in the long run we'll be happy with most of the items we buy.

So give them a chance, buy what you like and don't buy what you don't like.

As for the gift cards - yea, they were designed to clear out the warehouse so they can bring in more SW product. What's wrong with that? Sounds like a good marketing decision to me and I doubt anyone can argue with that either. And they're free - so WHY would you complain?
It's definitely NOT like any other gift certificate that you have to pay full value for - they're FREE!

Well said Dave,

Of course you did better than me. I couldn't make my way through the entire thread.

Please don't just throw me in the RS pile and think I have no idea what I'm talking about. My main collecting consists of GG, SSC (Yes I do have many other SSC figures) and Hasbro's OT action figures. I'm not from RS so you can stop with that aready. Sure I post there, but I post on many other boards as well, but I do not represent RS.

I asked a very simple question to Dusty and just because a few of you didn't like it you start pointing fingers. Please get over yourselves. The cards are worth nothing to me. Some of you might think it's a great deal, but not me. I have 2 from the SDCC and still there isn't anything that I want from SSC. We should be able to use the cards on the orders we have placed. Like I said before the Bundle Deal is convenient and nothing else. Believe me, if I didn't like SSC items I wouldn't buy them.

I want the items I buy to be the best as possible and I'll be damned if I'm just going to sit there and not express my concerns that I have with these figures that I work hard to pay for.

I shouldn't had used the phrase suck asses, but I did mean what I said. If we all walk around like zombies and we say nothing about SSC items before we know it they might look a lot like Hasbro's 12".

Thank you to those that did welcome me and I'm happy to be a part of these threads.

I do believe that Sideshow values our feedback here. It's nice to know that you can have an indirect line to the company when you have an opinion to express--that alone makes the Freaks board worth a visit every now and then, even for casual SS collectors. After all, if we hadn't made a big deal about Plo Koon's green lightsaber, they wouldn't have changed it to blue. They really do listen to what is said here.

And welcome to the board, Turbo!

Thanks Tomandshell! I like your post on the other page. I believe it was post #220. I relate to what you said.

Our opinions here are a 2 way street, not a 1 way like some would like it to be.

I have no problem with people expressing their dislikes or concerns about the product, I've done my fair share of it. I just hope we see less flaming and name calling while doing it. To quote Conan O'Brien, "Be cool, my babies."

Yep, there is no rule that you can't complain or critique items here. I've seen everyone do it... even Jlcmsu. But its the negativity and quickness to namecall and maket things personal that is annoying. I'm a huge SW fan, have been since I was a child in the 80's. So of course I want my 1/6 figures to be top notch... and compared to anything else out there they are.

BTW, if anyone wants there gift cards (Turbo :naughty ) feel free to send them my way... send me a PM and I'll find a use for them :D

I'll be getting this combo deal if it's still available.

I'm just glad that SS offered a deal like this to newsletter subscribers. :clap

I do apologize for my share of the name calling. I should know better than to let my temper get the best of me. Everyone knows I'm pretty strong in my passion with SS, SW, and LOTR. Sometimes it gets the best of me. As one of the longer tenured members here I will be doing my part to help stop the name calling. :duff

Has anyone gotten any word on how long they will be up for order. I would hope they are up for at least a couple hours, but I will still be sitting here Thursday night to order these. I wonder how this will effect people on the West coast getting this one since it is going up around 6pm and some may not be home from work yet.

jlcmsu said:
I do apologize for my share of the name calling. I should know better than to let my temper get the best of me. Everyone knows I'm pretty strong in my passion with SS, SW, and LOTR. Sometimes it gets the best of me. As one of the longer tenured members here I will be doing my part to help stop the name calling. :duff

You have tenure now!!!! :monkey1 :lol

jlcmsu said:

You are such a ***** ****in little ***** **** ****er!!! But I love you just the same :lol

I'm just happy to see that some of the SW fans have taken some of the heat of the Krusaders....Far more negative than the Kurgans ever were.

There will be little love for Krusaders once the Dark Month of October is at an end... mwhaa haa ha haaa... :devil :devil

King Darkness said:
I'm just happy to see that some of the SW fans have taken some of the heat of the Krusaders....Far more negative than the Kurgans ever were.

It's true. It's one of the reasons I went from being a hard-core fanatic "rebelscummer" to being a casual Sideshow Freak. Couldn't take the attitude problems anymore. The constant bickering over every minutae of the franchise, whether it be the films, the comics, the canon (god help us), or the merchandising was just sucking all the FUN out of being a fan. I realized one day, during a heated argument over whether or not lightsabers could stay "ON" when the user wasn't holding it, that it just wasn't worth getting so fired up over. But that is neither here nor there, I suppose.

I don't want us all to agree (that'd be awfully boring, wouldn't it), i just want us all to be respectful of each other. Golden Rule, and all that.

Respect , enthusiasm, and courtesy. All things everyone responds well to, regardless of the opinion expressed. It's all in how you choose to represent yourself.

And Turbo, I do welcome you to the boards.

We're roomies now (on the web, at least), so welcome. Let's try not to piss each other off. :lol

Back