Empire Magazine's 100 Greatest Movie Characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker is amazing.

Christ theres a lot of TDK lately. First I tell some guy he's stupid if he belives Ledger was a junkie, then he tells me he's going to kill my family...then this?

His performance was good, and he was a junkie -- sadly Ledger had quite a history of abuse.

As for the list, time will tell where Joker fits; but Empire has always put out some lame ones - Vito Corleone at #10. :rolleyes:

Every celeb used drugs. But that wasnt what killed him, and his intention for the pills wasnt to get a "high".

Every celeb used . But that wasnt what killed him, and his intention for the pills wasnt to get a "high".

Agreed, and it is a tragedy no matter what.

Agent Smith above Citizen Kane. :lol:rotfl:lol

I thought it was a Crying Shame that William Wallace was not in the Top 100 :monkey2

I also don't think the Joker should of been where he was on the list sure it was a good performance by Ledger but I'll stick to my guns and say that the Media Glorified and "Over-Glorified" Ledger :monkey3

I think his Joker was the thing that glorifyed everything. Second trailer. People were hyped up, a month before his death.

Noteable omissions -

Frankenstein; Lawrence of Arabia; Walter E Kurtz, Benjamin Willard (Apocalypse Now); Private Taylor (Platoon); William Wallace; Patton; Spartacus; Superman; Creasy (Man on Fire) ........

and more. :monkey1

I didnt read the list....but i'd add these...

Mal from Serenity/Firefly.

Finnigan from Deep Rising.

Noteable omissions -

Frankenstein; Lawrence of Arabia; Walter E Kurtz, Benjamin Willard (Apocalypse Now); Private Taylor (Platoon); William Wallace; Patton; Spartacus; Superman; Creasy (Man on Fire) ........

and more. :monkey1

Bold = :clap

Ben Stiller's character from Dodgeball is not greater than Boba Fett. Mal from Serenity is not greater than Luke Freaking Skywalker. And Amelie is not better than any of them.

I agree with LOTR Fan. I mean lets ask ourselves, Who is Mal?

Memorable but not more so than Ben Hur (also omitted); or many, many others.

This list honestly seems like it was made by a twenty-something "popuholic," with little or no movie background.

The list left out some pretty great characters King Lonidas, Hellboy, Predator and alot more...but it had Napoleon Dynamite :rolleyes::lol, and I thought the coolest character in LOTR was Legolas but oh well its all just opinion really the list is basically just a big poll result

Back