Emperors Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j14

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just thinking I would love two of these for either side of my Emperor.

Has anyone made one in 1/6th form if so any help would be appreciated.

I was thinking of a moulded head, red material for the robe, body, boots, Force Pike and gloves.

Job done.

Has anyone made one before?

Jay.

I had the hasbro one for a while and the helmet is good but the rest less so
But with a decent base body and a new robe it would work well ESP with casted helmets meaning you don't need a guard as a base or each one

Yep that's what's I was thinking, grab a hasbro one and try to get casts of the head and then kit bash them together. Seems like the only place to get one us eBay in the USA.

I'll have to put my thinking cap on for this one.

Hmmmm

I have a few hasbro guards that I have been wanting to upgrade with better bodies.More so now that I have a SS emperor & throne.

Does anyone know the best way to remove the helmets/heads being that they are glued on?

My guess is Hot WATER but I am guessing. I always keep looking on the bay for one but even the Hasbro go for silly cash.

The thing of it is that the helmets are hard plastic (rather than the softer head material) & glued down.I'm just worried about the head giving before the glue.I guess it will come down to a "try it & see moment"

My guess is Hot WATER but I am guessing. I always keep looking on the bay for one but even the Hasbro go for silly cash.

I'm currently looking at a cheapish one on eBay and have enquired about shipping to me in Ireland. Do you think it would it be possible to cast this head / helmet? I just wonder how hard this would be?

I have not priced hasbro figures in a long time.
Casting his helmet should be a problem at all...may require a little extra sanding/dremeling towards the base where it fits on his shoulders,chest & back.
However,I have to give Hasbro a thumbs up for this,the visor is tinted clear plastic & you can see his eyes(molded & painted) underneath.Cool detail I personally would like to keep...but could live without if need be.

I've been looking for cheap Hasbro Royal Guards for the past few months with no luck... even at a Swap meet, they had the set with Palps for $45.00 :horror!!
I regret selling my Medicom Guards... I sold them before knowing about the Throne coming out... :monkey2
I'm interested in a cast of the helmet if somebody gives it a shot!

Those helmets are on there good, and it takes a lot of work to get one off. I may have one loose to offer up for the cause. I'll check when I have a chance and post back.

I've been looking for cheap Hasbro Royal Guards for the past few months with no luck... even at a Swap meet, they had the set with Palps for $45.00
Wow.I remember picking up 4 sets back in the day at Target on clearance for $15!A few years ago when I was trying to complete my hasbro 12"...(when I last actually priced hasbro figures)It seemed that people couldn't give them away.And now they are going for more than they retailed for.

Those helmets are on there good, and it takes a lot of work to get one off. I may have one loose to offer up for the cause. I'll check when I have a chance and post back.
I dug one out of the closet & tried to pop the helmet off.That SOB is on there!Being the harder plastic,it will discolor(whiten)when it is stressed before breaking.Becuase of the shape & how it fits over the shoulders,you have limited direction to apply force to loosen it.You can't work it side to side or forward & backwards let alone pull it straight off.
I had to step back & take a break before I got made & really broke it:gah:

From the looks of it,you can cut a stitch or 2 to remove the outer cape & the pajama inner robe was slipped over the body before the head was glued.I'm pondering the thought of removing the cape,pull the inner robe over his head & whack him a few times with a hammer.

Yeah, getting that helmet off is a real hassle! I did create stress marks way back when I did it, but it didn't matter since I always intended to paint it anyway!

Okidokie-
After taking a little break I was ready to take on that red bastard again.This time I had a little help:wink1:
Still a pain but with positive results.
DSC00608.jpg

1st off,I was wrong about being able to remove the cape.It is sewn to the inner robe.So I pulled his little red dress over his head,took him to the bandsaw,& cut his torso in half as close to his armpits,being as careful as can be not to catch any wanted items in the blade(such as the robe,my fingers etc).I pryed & cut away to get the arms out & the structural parts that help hold him together.Once his guts were out of the way where I could see the inside of the "T" peg that holds the head on,Mr Drillbit took care of the rest.My guess is that when this figure was assembled-clothed 1st,the 2 halves of the helmet were put together over the "T" rather than popped on as the softer vinyl/rubber heads are.

Only white stress mark is on the back of the helm that accidently happened during the attempt earlier.:)

It's hollow.There is a "shelf"(i guess you could call)where the "T" connects...like where a normal head would meet the neck of the figure.The eyes appear to be just recessed,painted,& have the clear visor over them.

Back