Elvis looks great!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elvis exclusive has broken into the Top Ten and is currently at #9... some of you are ordering after all aren't you? :lol

I'm confident this will turn out to be a nice-looking piece in the end. Or it's possible that my strong desire for an Elvis collectible is overpowering my lack of judgement. :lol

i think his pose is akward but very nice sculpt

but the exclusive version is about 80 times better than the reg lol!

choopie said:
I'm confident this will turn out to be a nice-looking piece in the end. Or it's possible that my strong desire for an Elvis collectible is overpowering my lack of judgement. :lol
Yeah I think I'm there with you, I'm struggling to find someone else to validate that it look good enough. I even took it to class with me. :lol But Mom and Grandma still say yuck, and they're the experts. *sigh*

The problem with sculpting Elvis is getting the likeness approved;said approval is in the direct control of Priscilla, whose memory is, I think, not the most reliable. I worked on an Elvis project about 10 years ago, and it was an exercise in frustration. There were 6 sculptors in the shop where I was working; we all took a shot at him, and they were ALL rejected.At least 2 of them were pretty fair likenesses;certainly better than the Mattel version that had been supplied by the clients as a reference. I also learned more about Graceland than I ever wanted to know;shows what happens when po' white trash gets money...PS

I was about to order until I seen the pictures, such a letdown. It's not even close. Hope they fix it.

i almost said no, but i saw the guitar and thought, what the heck.

comeback special and jumpsuit had better be around the frickin corner...with a modified head sculpt

Did I miss a blog or something where SS said they would do multiple Elvis PFs? or is this just a guess there will be other versions?

Here's what popped into my head when I saw the Elvis PF:

7189_press03-001.jpg
doody_bob.gif

I hope they can fix the likeness, or it is just the pictures. :confused:

JS

I think it is a great likeness, just not a wonderful choice of expression.

Last edited:
I dunno, even when I cover the moth it still doesn't strike me as him for some reason. I can't out my finger on why it looks off to me though.

We are on page twelve of this thread. Has Sideshow even responded to the negative feedback on this piece?

I'm just not seeing the resemblance here. Oh, and the left shoulder appears to be dislocated.

On the plus side, what a freakin' cool exclusive. Probably the best PF exclusive released so far. It's a must-have (though the statue itself may not be...:monkey3 )

Back