Elvis looks great!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this piece looks really bad. I pretty much agree with the concensus: Awesome Exclusive, great pose and clothing... terrible face/expression.

What happened?

One of the best exclusive accesories ever! But I'm sorry to say this: Elvis looks hideous.

I decided to give Sideshow the benefit of the doubt and ordered the ex. Elvis. He does look better than those TF pics suggested and, face it folks, the King did have a pronounced overbite. :lol

I went ahead and ordered the exclusive as well. If the final result turns out he still looks like a complete goof, I'll go ahead and cancel it. Either way, no skin off my teeth.

If they make a Johnny Cash PF and the exclusive has a guitar, you all had better stay out of my way...

I'll be right behind you!!

galactiboy said:
Wow, this piece looks really bad. I pretty much agree with the concensus: Awesome Exclusive, great pose and clothing... terrible face/expression.

What happened?

Agreed 100% too bad the exclusive is really so awesome! I'll wait for my comeback special E.P. to T.C.B.

:dance
71891.jpg
71891.jpg

I don't think it's a problem with the expression, he's a singer - you'd want him closed mouthed?

And this is an approved sculpt, so I doubt they'll do any kind of resculpt after getting the licensor to sign off on it.

I have to admit that the SSC photos and the fan photos coming from TF aren't doing this guy any favors...

All that proves is that at some point in the future, someone will invent a time machine, go back in time, show Elvis the PF head sculpt, and take a picture of his reaction.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

This is more what I was expecting:

Elvis-young%20_orig.jpg
elvis-young-picture-1950s.jpg
elvis.jpg

youngElvis.jpg

As a rock and roll legend, Elvis should look like he's about to kick my butt and steal my wife.

tomandshell said:
All that proves is that at some point in the future, someone will invent a time machine, go back in time, show Elvis the PF head sculpt, and take a picture of his reaction.

You have to admit, the cheeks, smile and teeth are very similar... the only thing left is the eyes on the PF just don't look like Elvis'...

Yes, I was just kidding!

It looks more like Elvis than anything I could do.

I am not as disappointed in the likeness as I am the general idea behind the sculpt. That's just not the facial expression that I would have chosen.

tomandshell said:

This is more what I was expecting:

As a rock and roll legend, Elvis should look like he's about to kick my butt and steal my wife.

I completely agree... I was just trying to show that the pose and sculpt probably came from an picture that isn't too commonly known.

I'm sure that the artist did a good job capturing whatever picture was chosen as the basis for the piece. I just wish they had gone a different direction.

There is a lot of joy to early Elvis performances, which has been captured here.

But as a stand alone piece, it doesn't have the attitude and sex appeal that many people associate with early Elvis.

tomandshell said:

You are right Tom. They should've gone with this image IMO:

youngElvis.jpg

Keep in mind that if they are planning several stages of the King's career, then they may have wanted a more playful pose and sculpt for this early piece...

I guess that if it's a series, we don't want them all with the same expression.

So maybe they just should have made this release number two.

tomandshell said:
I guess that if it's a series, we don't want them all with the same expression.

So maybe they just should have made this release number two.

For comeback Elvis I would expect a sneer/smile.
For Jump suit elvis I want sweaty singing into a mic.
but for 50's Elvis, I would have prefered a sneer and that "come hither" look.

Back