Elvis looks great!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone seen the 77 CBS special when a girl shout at Elvis and he just goes "you'll have to wait to after the concert honey !"

:lol

I cannot understand all of this negative criticism. This is clearly the finest sculpture of Liberace I have ever seen. It IS supposed to be Liberace isn't it?? Elvis---???!!
:doh
Never mind. I can understand all of the criticism after all.:eek:

Anton Phibes said:
I cannot understand all of this negative criticism. This is clearly the finest sculpture of Liberace I have ever seen. It IS supposed to be Liberace isn't it?? Elvis---???!!
:doh
Never mind. I can understand all of the criticism after all.:eek:
I still think my favorite comment was that it looks like Barry Pepper.:rotfl

Bannister said:

I swear I thought it actually was supposed to be Liberace when I saw the amateur pics surfacing online. When I saw it was supposed to be Elvis, I couldn't get the Liberace thing outta my head. Kathy Bates's character from Misery would surely love one of these bad boys.

ok, so after talking with someone on Sideshow, the current 'prototype' isn't exactly what SSC was going for, so yeah, we're all in agreement. There are changes planned, but some aspects will remain the same. but the items we're having issues with, are noted, before we even said stuff about it.

we can get off SSC for a while. though i -did- get it on pre-order just cuz of the guitar. :)

Bum said:
ok, so after talking with someone on Sideshow, the current 'prototype' isn't exactly what SSC was going for, so yeah, we're all in agreement. There are changes planned, but some aspects will remain the same. but the items we're having issues with, are noted, before we even said stuff about it.

we can get off SSC for a while. though i -did- get it on pre-order just cuz of the guitar. :)
The only thing I think wrong with it is the huge grin. I think the likeness is there.

Bum said:

I hope no issues of this sort attach themselves to anything having to do with Universal Monsters products. I would cry. Real tears. Seriously.

Bum said:

That's good to hear. But shame on Sideshow for rushing this piece for TF knowing the issues with it, especially given the magnitude of the person they are trying to portray. They should have known that fans would look upon this piece with a very critical eye.

Here's hoping the changes bring about a marked improvement.

Bannister said:

Thankyouverrymuch, Bannister. I try to keep 'em coming.

Okay, I raise this with trepidation knowing SS peeps will probably hear about it...but there's one problem that hasn't been raised, and it's why I said "paint job problem."

Elvis had dark girly eyelashes.

Please, no Leia PF lashes for E, now, but the proto paint job needs a little liner or something. Maybe modest sculpted lashes but let's not go overboard. And at this early stage of his life, he had more than a hint of the dark circles under his eyes that Mama Presley also had.

His face at this age had a baby-fat pudginess that this sculpt has captured. I think it's accurate, though it's thrown many of us off.

And while I'm mouthing off, his eyes could be darker (there's more than one shade of blue available) and it's time for the white "eyelight" dots to go in favor of a heavy gloss coat.

No more white dots. Especially not on PFs.

Quick'n'dirty Photoshop retouch:

elvis.jpg

A step in the right direction, no?

Last edited:
Right! No white dots! Now just close his mouth so he isn't so "gummy" and make it so he doesn't look like he's mouth breathing.

Selected the irises of his eyes and played with hue/saturation until they were a dark blue. Selected the upper eyelashes already there and darkened then the same way, then smudged them toward the outer eye corners for a little length. Smudged the inside corners of the eyebrows to soften them. That's all.

Impressive. It looks like the skin tone is a little different too. But the really interesting thing is that somehow the cheeks look fuller. Man, I'm probably going to have to order this in hopes that the production piece looks better than the prototype. But if so I bet that'll be a first...

Latest posts

Back