Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Elder Scrolls V

No, but I've been a massive Fallout fan since Fallout 1 so I'm willing to give Elder Scrolls a try since I really dig the engine. :lol

Oh, and thanks Rex! :rock

Man you should really play Oblivion if you haven't yet. It's one of the best games on the system (If not the best IMO).

:exactly::exactly::exactly::lecture:lecture:

Love Oblivion I need to go back and get some achievements I missed.

I think I have them all. I went to go back and do some sidequests and I accidentally deleted my save. :gah:

I thought about restarting but 150+ hours of work is not in the cards right now for a game I already beat.

Maybe I'll pick it up... Should I grab the standard or GOTY edition?

GOTY.
Has all dlc including the infamous horse armor.
The sky in Shivering Isles will blow your mind,best looking sky in a game ever. Its also the best and biggest dlc Ive come across.

GOTY.
Has all dlc including the infamous horse armor.
The sky in Shivering Isles will blow your mind,best looking sky in a game ever. Its also the best and biggest dlc Ive come across.

Wait... the game of the year edition has the horse armour? How come I never knew about this? :panic:

*hangs his head in shame for calling himself an Elder Scrolls fan*

Thinking about getting the PC version of this game. I have a feeling it will be worth it graphics-wise Never did go back and finish Oblivion though. Think it might do that once I get windows installed on my iMac.

Sent from the ice planet Hoth on my fancy iPhone.

Playstation official mag:
New Dragon Shouts: "Yol Toor"- Fire breath, "Iiz Slen" - Ice crystals, "Strun Bah Qo" - Lightning Storm. There are two others mentioned, not in the Dragon Language, Slow Time and Whirlwhind Spirit

Dragons:
If injured enough, they can't fly
randomly appear
battles are unscripted

Dual weilding:
Weapon and Shield, Weapon and Torch (Yes, Torch as a weapon), Weapon and Weapon, Spell and Weapon, Spell and Spell, Two Handed Weapon

Random Quests:
Were inspired by Fallout 3's random encounters
Didn't like how fake some quests in Oblivion felt, Bethesda wants to make it feel mor real with these

Crafting:
13 different types of ore

Dialogue:
60,000 line of recorded dialogue, more voice actors

The Game World:
Each city has a unique economy, which the player can sabatoge
Guards no longer as powerful as they could end up being as Oblivion
9 seperate bounties, one for each hold, wanted criminal in one place; "Who's that" in another.

Traveling:
Horses - More detailed then Oblivion, actually handle like horses
Fast Travel - Oblivion and Morrowind style

Skills:
Hand to Hand has been removed

Factions:
Three confirmed so far: Thieves' Guild, College of Winterhold (Mage) and Compainions (Warrior), their storylines are no longer unaware of other events in the world.

This might be the first game of theirs i might finish.

All that info from PSMag sounds awesome! Especially the economy part, and the dragons not just being a simple add on, and actually quite complex in a way.

I must have spent at least 50 hours on Oblivion when I first got it years back, and I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I seriously cannot wait for Skyrim. I'd happily pay double retail to play this now.

I would have pre-ordered this on day one but I'm hoping for a Collector's Edition of sorts to be released.

this will be an epic game...my most anticipated up-coming release. In the meantime, enjoying Witcher 2 - great plot, gameplay, and graphics - but no where as grand or "epic" as Skyrim will be I think.

How is character customization? Can we manipulate musculature? How about faces?

also, can you pan around and see your char? I never played Oblivion but watched a friend play a little bit and all I saw was his hands.

also, can you pan around and see your char? I never played Oblivion but watched a friend play a little bit and all I saw was his hands.

This is possible in Oblivion as well. You can choose between 1st person and 3rd person view. As far as I know this will be again the case in Skyrim.

Back