eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never cared about that print, too effeminate to be Vader IMO, as for the signed plaque, you can get a custom made one and contact Brian Muir on his site and he will sign it for you.

Do the Limited Edition ones come with print?

Didn't the print come with the legend because there were to much pre-orders for it than they thought at first. So instead going to dissapoint people they said they would make more legends but include the print...
This is what I understood of it :monkey3

Didn't the print come with the legend because there were to much pre-orders for it than they thought at first. So instead going to dissapoint people they said they would make more legends but include the print...
This is what I understood of it :monkey3
Correct. A sweetener for those who expected the Legend to be limited to 250 and got surprised when eFx announced that they were likely going to go over 300. So the print is a perk for Legend purchasers only...

Do the Limited Edition ones come with print?

I'm getting the Limited, so I'll be missing out on the print also -until I find one available for sale (as I'm sure there will be)

I have a wedding to pay for now, so it was get the Limited or not at all. However, my Limited will be a Dave Prowse signature edition so I'm perfectly happy.

I'm getting the Limited, so I'll be missing out on the print also -until I find one available for sale (as I'm sure there will be)

I have a wedding to pay for now, so it was get the Limited or not at all. However, my Limited will be a Dave Prowse signature edition so I'm perfectly happy.

Nice one. How are you planning on getting David Prowse's signature?

I have to have Prowse's sig with this one...who makes plaques around these parts?

There are several people on the RPF and Rebelscum that make them, PM me if you'd like more information. One of them advertises on eBay, I just looked for his ad but couldn't find it lol sorry. Oh and I don't believe any of them will put the MR or Lucasfilm logo on it unfortunately :( not sure if that matters to you though.

Last edited:
gatorbait, Kevin Hinson, does anything. I've had him do plaques for all my PF's. I also plan on having him do one for my EFX Vader helmet. He has done all kinds of plaques weather they look like the metal Master replicas or all black with lightly colored letters. Character pictures next to the name. MR signature plaques to take to a convention and ge an autograph. He's got a neat MR millennium falcon signature plaque so you can get Peter Meyhew's to go next to your Millennium falcon signature edition.

Here's his thread at Resin illuminati

https://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=12962&highlight=custom+metal+plaques

Congrats! Yours?

Yes, my wedding! I couldn't be more excited. So I'll be budgeting until then :wink1:

I had a custom plaque made. I consider Prowse the most significant part of Vader when it comes to ANH. I had him sign the plaque at a recent private signing. Now I just need the helmet to go with it!

Yes, my wedding! I couldn't be more excited. So I'll be budgeting until then :wink1:

I had a custom plaque made. I consider Prowse the most significant part of Vader when it comes to ANH. I had him sign the plaque at a recent private signing. Now I just need the helmet to go with it!

Just curious, why do you not get the helmet signed directly???
In sports, atheletes sign...say the football helmet.
I'm curious why plaques are the way with most fans...and not directly on the helmet.

I dont remember seeing a signed helmet on screen.....JK inside would be fine I guess, for me anyway but not on the outside,
the whole idea of a signature is pointless to me unless I'm there seeing the person signing it anyway

Last edited:
Seems like there may be a mistake on the paint scheme.

Screen_shot_2012-06-01_at_10_36_59_PM.png

It has been proposed that gray painted area should have been left black, and does not appear painted on other replicas of this helmet. I don't know if that's true, but I thought I'd propose it here as well since Gino could refute it.

As seen on the scums formum. https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1081651-28/

No mistake. :)

cheek.jpg

(edit - swapped out for better pics)

Last edited:
Fantastic. Not sure if I can see it in those pictures, but I trust you've done your homework. Thanks Gino.

No prob.
It's actually an optical illusion do to lighting and reflectivity of the paint surface.
Sometimes depending on the lighting, that area will appear darker the more you view the helmet from straight forward while the more sideways you view it, it can appear it's true gunmetal surface.

In the pics (plus some others that I can't post), you can clearly see the gunmetal paint streaks on that area.

Last edited:
Back