eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no expert on this helmet and it's history when it comes to it's imperfections and I know there's a ____ ton of debate about the subject, but based on the route efx chose to follow is there a master list of what to look for? Also, since these are hand painted and purposely made imperfect I won't know what to look for if there is any QC issues so you experts please chime in once you fine tooth yours. It'll be the only way I'll know.

While I know this helmet very well, I don't think there is a set list of imperfections or features to look out for. While they have done various stages of work on it during production, the notible features all seem to be there. When I saw it in person at C5, two years ago now -it was spot on.

It's the proto, hand painted by Gino, but still...

vadervsefx.jpg

The paint masters shown at C5 were substandard castings made by china in a super rush for the show and didn't have any of it's proper accessories ie grills, tusks, etc..
The ones I made for last year's comic con were vastly superior.

I can say that the Legend Edition production sample I inspected had exceeded my expectations for a mass produced piece and ended up being VERY close to my paint master almost to the point of not being able to tell the difference at all.
Can't wait to hear people's reaction when they get them in hand. :)

The paint masters shown at C5 were substandard castings made by china in a super rush for the show and didn't have any of it's proper accessories ie grills, tusks, etc..
The ones I made for last year's comic con were vastly superior.

I can say that the Legend Edition production sample I inspected had exceeded my expectations for a mass produced piece and ended up being VERY close to my paint master almost to the point of not being able to tell the difference at all.
Can't wait to hear people's reaction when they get them in hand. :).
Gino, can you post a few of those pics or direct us to where they've been previously shown? I'd love to have a compare!

I think all those pics are posted in this very thread (just not sure exactly which pages).

Oh cool, I didn't even notice you were one of the lucky 3 Q. I asked on RS, but I figured I'd ask here just in case you don't see it there. Do you know if the base is the same dimensions as the top wooden base of an Ikea Detolf? Thanks and congrats on owning such a grail

Dang it that reminds me I need to send in my form...dang work. Hope to have it in hand soon. :vader

Back