Prop eFX Collectibles - Darth Maul Lightsaber Legend - Signature Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrFlavaFlave @ Rebelscum.com said:
IMG_14217.JPG

IMG_14206.JPG

IMG_14194.JPG

IMG_14186.JPG

IMG_14176.JPG

I took several photos for the Maul Legend and all I can say is WOW. Bryan and the eFX team hit one out of the proverbial park with this saber. I compared it to the SE Maul/BD Maul with pictures. The packaging is outstanding and it is well packed.

The MRs are great sabers in their respective and the Legend Maul is unique in its respective. I like all three, but I am good with just one.
The Legend Maul is also a bit longer than the MR, some might not care, but I thought it was interesting to me...
The Legend Maul has the best COA that eFX has done up to date. It folds out like the MR instead of the pull out COA--very nice glossy photos.
The Legend saber is not as heavy as the MR one, but the scorching on the end of the metal emitters make it truly special and it fits the piece well.
The O-rings seem to be hardened rubber and the stand has a nice piece of foam to protect the saber when displayed.
I decided to put mine into the KodoFett custom case and it fits well.
I hope the pictures speak for themselves!

IMG_14145.JPG

IMG_14117.JPG

IMG_14106.JPG

IMG_14096.JPG

IMG_14086.JPG

Enjoy Scummers!

Can't wait!!

400/500! :woo

Special thanks to my local eFX retailer!
Maul_01.jpg

I have been close to buying an eFX product for the past couple of years,
but this is the first time I actually bought one. Very happy I finally took the plunge!

The item was packaged well, and unboxing it was exactly how I
remember opening my MR Anakin ROTS lightsaber.

Maul_02.jpg

A small complaint I have with this package is how dirty the glass base is.
There are some dust or paper flakes lodged between the glass and aluminum layers.

Maul_03.jpg

Very MR-ish! Glad they brought some of their old styles over to eFX.

Maul_04.jpg

The finish on the hilt is quite good. I've been used to staring at my MR,
and this new less glossy look (yes it is still a bit glossy) is most welcome.

Maul_05.jpg

The saber itself is quite heavy. A bit heavier than my MR Ani saber.
UPDATE: They're about the same weight, with eFX Maul being slightly heavier.

The whole set-up when put together is as majestic as the MR. Shame
though, they couldn't add an acrylic cover. Gonna cost me about $40 more.

Maul_06.jpg

The certificate / museum label printout is good quality with gloss photos.
I would've wanted to have the pic of Maul and Park both on one side, but oh well.

Maul_07.jpg

From the time I saw pics of the Legend Vader, I've been slowly falling in love
with the faithful imperfection the legend line has.

I think all the dings and weathering really work for Darth Maul's saber.
It gives the feel that this saber was actually used by a mean, gritty Sith assassin.
I like the stark contrast it has with my shiny and squeaky clean Ani ROTS saber,
which was after all supposed to be owned by a prominent young member of the Jedi Order.

Maul_08.jpg

I'd give this piece an 8.8/10.. 0.2 for the dusty base and a point for the acrylic case :wink1:
But personally, though, this piece is really awesome so I'm bumping it up to 9/10. ^_^

Last edited:
Why the need for a tutorial? Unscrew 4 screws, lift off the perspex, dust it and replace the perspex and screws.

:lol I've been used to sixth scale figures and I've seen people disassemble them and mess up,
so I'm kinda careful about doing something like that to collectibles.

Just an extra precaution. Adding pressure at the wrong areas may lead to cracks. :)

Yeah. Exact dimensions for a cover that fits perfectly on the eFx base would be appreciated.

Picked this one up today, 299 for screen accurate prop with an EX of 500 signed by Ray Park, that's a sweet deal.

I just ordered this and want to get a cover made. Does anyone know what the exact dimensions are for the eFX base?

Just got mine today, late with DHL, they're no FedEX when it comes to getting stuff to the UK fast. Morons overcharged me for VAT as well.

Back