Edition Size....Does it really matter???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you care about the ES if you are keeping it?

• Yes

Votes: 64 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 86 55.1%
  • I'm a flipper so it matters a lot

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
I remember buying Santi with the Bomb back in the day because of it's rarity and it's one seriously eerie piece. Am I sad I forked out the money? Nope because if I decide to part with it, I can get basically any other items I want for the value.

What is a true collector? One who says YIPPPPEEEE I got a statue that every single person who collects Sideshow has, or the one who says YIPPPEEEEE I got a statue that most of the other collectors wish they had?

?

What is a true collector? One who says YIPPPPEEEE I got a statue that every single person who collects Sideshow has, or the one who says YIPPPEEEEE I got a statue that most of the other collectors wish they had?

?

good one!

I really don't care. If i like it i buy it. If it's mass produced, hopefully I can buy it for a cheap price :naughty

ES in some cases may be a deciding factor when buying or what version i buy, however, its not a major issue for me

doesnt matter to me what the ES is. if i like it i will buy it and keep it. but if you think about how many people are in the world against the ES, the ES would be a pretty low number all the time

doesnt matter to me what the ES is. if i like it i will buy it and keep it. but if you think about how many people are in the world against the ES, the ES would be a pretty low number all the time

If you compare the sideshow collectors to the ES then you can understand why a product with 9500 pieces is still sitting on shelves all over the world collecting dust. Without these being limited editions they are no longer collectibles. Who wants to pay $300 bucks a pop for something that has no rarity whatsoever, and you can't play with? If you really claim you would "I would have a hard time believing it".

Without the limited edition sizes there would be NO Sideshow collectibles, because they wouldn't be able to put them out there at the right price for something with no collectibility value.

Last edited:
If you compare the sideshow collectors to the ES then you can understand why a product with 9500 pieces is still sitting on shelves all over the world collecting dust. Without these being limited editions they are no longer collectibles. Who wants to pay $300 bucks a pop for something that has no rarity whatsoever, and you can't play with? If you really claim you would "I would have a hard time believing it".

Without the limited edition sizes there would be NO Sideshow collectibles, because they wouldn't be able to put them out there at the right price for something with no collectibility value.

i would pay $300 for a collectible not because it's rare, but because that collectible is representing a movie that i loved or a character that i really care for or is just a wonderful piece of artwork. and you are right that there would be no SS if they didnt have limited editions, but then if all there stuff was sold out there customer base would not grow, which would mean ES could get smaller but then the prices on those would be high to make up for the production of said products

ES does not matter to me whether or not I want a piece. HOWEVER, ES determines when/where I buy it. I really liked the Bowen Modern Iron Man. However, once I found out the ES, I cancelled from Sideshow and got it from eBay for 1/2 the price. The higher the ES, the cheaper I can pick it up from from nonretailers.

i would pay $300 for a collectible not because it's rare, but because that collectible is representing a movie that i loved or a character that i really care for or is just a wonderful piece of artwork.

Exactly. I don't care if they made 30 or 30,000 of a item, I just want a cool representation of something I like. I don't ever really plan on selling any of my collectibles.

Exactly. I don't care if they made 30 or 30,000 of a item, I just want a cool representation of something I like. I don't ever really plan on selling any of my collectibles.

The point is that without limited numbers produced there would be no Sideshow Collectibles, there would be no sideshowcollectors.com, and this conversation would be non existent.

In regards to the bolded above are you a Kill Bill fan or another movie fan? Because I would gladly sell you a quentin tarrantino comic con exclusive that is a cool representation of the movie for $300.

The point is that without limited numbers produced there would be no Sideshow Collectibles, there would be no sideshowcollectors.com, and this conversation would be non existent.

In regards to the bolded above are you a Kill Bill fan or another movie fan? Because I would gladly sell you a quentin tarrantino comic con exclusive that is a cool representation of the movie for $300.

I disagree with you on this point. I buy things because it is well made, an accurate and detailed representation of a movie i strongly relate with.

Does it matter that everyone else has one, honestly no, so long as i have one i honestly couldn't care if another one existed.

I really think that even without a limited ES, if the item was truly well made, people would have no problem buying it and SS will boom.

If you collect to feel that you are top dog then you might be better off commissioning one of a kind pieces instead.

I disagree with you on this point. I buy things because it is well made, an accurate and detailed representation of a movie i strongly relate with.

Does it matter that everyone else has one, honestly no, so long as i have one i honestly couldn't care if another one existed.

I really think that even without a limited ES, if the item was truly well made, people would have no problem buying it and SS will boom.
If you collect to feel that you are top dog then you might be better off commissioning one of a kind pieces instead.

Sideshow took a beating on the last of the Lord of the Rings statues. Why? Because they increased the prices, increased the edition sizes and lost a lot of loyal collectors.

Like I said I have plenty of good quality pieces I would gladly sell you for $300. So may people talk like they would gladly throw away money on something they can get for half the price a month later but that's not reality. It seems like gung ho talking.

Somebody walks into your house and admires your statues where there is no production limits and says "that's so cool". Then they ask how much you paid. You say "$300". They ask you how much it's worth and you say " I could sell it for $150" and you have your friends calling you a fool for not buying it at $150.

Not to mention that it wouldn't be very interesting if we all had the same Sideshow pieces because there was no rarity. How many posts on here would be people showing off the same collections. The big topic would be the displays.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter to me either. I mean it's always nice to know you have one of something that only 200 was made of, but honestly I just like the fact that they are limited editions period. Even if it's 5,000, or even 10,000 think about that, that's only 5,000 or 10,000 in the entire world. To me that's pretty limited.

This post sums it up for me.

I don’t re-sell, I don’t flip, I don’t care about the edition size, be it 200, 500, 5000 heck, even I am ok with 50,000. but I still vote YES because I like the exclusivity, as long as it is limited edition with numbered beneath the base.

Last edited:
Back