Easy Make your own rubber head connection tutorial

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudfilter

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've finally got around to making a proper tutorial for people to see how they can use Sugru to make nice flexible neck connectors. I think this covers everything, but of course please ask about anything that's unclear.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Brilliant... where do we find sugru?

Also wondering if you could do the same with a 2-part silicone putty?

Also wondering if you could do the same with a 2-part silicone putty?

You mean like that mold-making putty you get? You could do something similar to this but it probably wouldn't adhere to the inside of the resin head like sugru does as mold-making putty is designed to peel off things easily.

You can buy Sugru direct from their site (Sugru not an affiliate link btw, I'm just promoting their stuff cos I love it). It's a fairly new product so I don't know how many other places sell it. I think you can get it at B&Q here in the UK but it might be Mail-order only for Americans.

Thanks for posting, I got some Sugru as a gift last year and have been needing something to use it on, and now I have just the thing!

Part of the title was cut off for me since it was the newest post in this forum so all I saw was Easy make your own rubber. Lets just say I was disappointed when I clicked on this thread :lol

Thanks for posting, I got some Sugru as a gift last year and have been needing something to use it on, and now I have just the thing!
A year is kind of at the outer limits of the shelf-life of this stuff so it might be a little more difficult to work with for you but yeah it's really worth giving it a go. The 'shelf-life' is just for before you've formed it by the way. It lasts years after it's set, but if you have some left in the sachet for a year before you open it then it starts to harden on it's own and is less workable.

how sticky does it get on fingers, i read somewhere its like silly putty?
I've no experience with silly putty so I can't say exactly. It's stickiness doesn't make it hard to work with, but it takes ages for me to clean the last little bits off my hands afterwards. It takes a fair bit of kitchen paper.

Part of the title was cut off for me since it was the newest post in this forum so all I saw was Easy make your own rubber. Lets just say I was disappointed when I clicked on this thread :lol
Haha yeah the sugru site says the uses are virtually limitless but I think they'd draw the line at that.

Back