How to attach polymer clay head/neck to body? And body help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jomaccudo

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi, I'm making Missandei from Game of Thrones. I'm trying to get a headsculpt, but I have no idea how to add a neck joint. Can anyone give me some advice? She'll probably have clothing that would cover the base of the neck, so I'd like the joint to be there if possible...but that can be sacrificed if needed.

Also, does anyone know what body would be good for her? I was looking at the suntanned Phicen, but I can't tell if the skintone's dark enough. I would be willing to turn the headsculpt into a neckless one if a Phicen would work...And just now got another thought: If the suntan Phicen body isn't dark enough, would using makeup and sealing it be an option? I assume paint would crack.

Regardless, I would still need to figure out how to get a joint in the head, even with a Phicen. I read that people hollow out the head/neck, but I wonder if Sculpey premo is strong enough to take that without collapsing on itself.

I found this tutorial for attaching headsculpts with a neck, but the seam is quite...obvious here. https://onesixthnet.yuku.com/topic/17276

I hope I'm not asking too many obvious questions. I've been searching tutorials and info for the past week and have found out a lot, but a few bits of info still escape my grasp. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 14269668_10204902901571137_40156318_n.jpg
    14269668_10204902901571137_40156318_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 90
Back