EA's Army of Two

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm bumping this because I finally finished the single player story. It took me about 8 hours to finish on contractor and I always take my time - i.e. so, if I took 8 hours, a run and gunner who didn't care about the secondary objectives could finish it in 5. It was so much fun that it really needed about 2 or 3 more missions. Okay, now to my Pros and Cons - warning spoilers may apply.

Pros:
+ Salem and Rios - I loved the main characters. Sure, they didn't try to flesh them out as much as you would see in a RPG or Adventure, but I loved their interaction and banter.
+ Voice acting - Great job from all the major character's voice actors.
+ Partner A.I. - Yes, I know that some here had a problem with it - especially in the last mission. I agree, it's not perfect. But, it's the closest I have seen in a long time. In fact, the only real problems I had other than an occasional getting caught on objects (i.e. runs in place) was the A.I. dragging me in circles during the rescue scenes. But, for what this game was, I enjoyed the A.I.
+ Graphics - Admittedly, they started out average in Somalia and Iraq, but the last 3 levels (Aircraft and Hurricane Airport were my favorites) were amazing. The detail and level of depth/ largeness of the environments was a sight to behold.
+ Great Story - It wasn't Shakespeare, and maybe it was a little cliche', but I really enjoyed it.
+ CGI Cut Scenes - The cut scenes in this game were some of the best around. The one on the plane (before you begin the airport level) is in my top 10 of all time. Heck, I would love to see an animated movie featuring these characters in that style - they were that good.

Cons:
- Length - As mentioned before, the single player should have been a couple of missions longer. Truth be told, I am happy I rented it from Gamefly due to the length of the single player. I know most of the focus was on multiplayer, but I tend to do most of my gaming in the single player sections of FPS, so I wanted more.
- Spawning - In some spots, the game eliminated a lot of the strategy by constantly respawning enemies til you moved past a certain spot or killed a certain character. I know the game wasn't designed to be super-realistic (more action movie "realism" style) but I would have loved to be able to fight strategically and remove threats one at a time by my choice. The game seemed to remove that choice from me on occasion.
- Magical Alertness - Don't know any other way to describe this. Numerous times, the enemy just "knew" we were there, no matter how stealthy we were. I try a few of these instances over and over and came to the belief that the alertness was scripted. Once again, I understand the need for game balance, but it would be nice to reward stealth.
- Final Boss Fight - No, I don't mean Clyde. I liked that fight - especially a lot of his banter. I mean the non-fight with Dalton. This f'ker has been playing you ... killed or created the circumstances that killed all your old Ranger comrades and they kill him off in a cut scene? Metal Gear Solid had a great boss battle involving a chopper and a missile launcher, so I would have loved to have seen something similar here.

Overall, a good game, only held back from true greatness by game length and some glitches.

It was so much fun that it really needed about 2 or 3 more missions.

YOUR IN LUCK!!!!

It was just announced today that there will be 1 new multiplayer map avaliable soon and TWO new co-op maps for campaign. A release date was not stated but I would not think that it would be too long.

Also, if you have not played the game a Demo will be avaliable on April 1.

ARMY OF TWO: DLC

Back