1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Buying it or not has nothing to do with how awesome the final figure turned out to be. And if OMG is praising this thing thats enough for me to be sure that itll blow the old MMS117 out of the water. :)

Correct, so are we only allowed to post if we buy or like something?

Each to his own but jump into the MMS117 first page and flick between. It's not even a contest going on these pictures.

Buying it or not has nothing to do with how awesome the final figure turned out to be. And if OMG is praising this thing thats enough for me to be sure that itll blow the old MMS117 out of the water. :)

But some people haven't changed their opinion on the DX07 Rezz?
I don't understand why you seem to get so worked up if someone doesn't like something you love?

I think (and have always thought) the DX07 to be flawed in areas, still do.
Soft features, cheap clothing, dodgy eyes. I see the same softness to this sculpt which is why it looks too young?

Am I getting it, yes, I get all the DX sets, it doesn't have to be black or white. I'm sure OMGs pics will be awesome, that doesn't change anything.
:dunno

if you think this sculpt doesnt look better than the MMS117 your either lying to yourself, maybe because you bought the MMS117 already, or you are bad at comparing things

Pers was sooooo not needed on this figure....

I understand why people don't like PERS but I would disagree with anyone who says that it shouldn't have been considered for a Terminator figure.

Arnie acts with his eyes as the Terminator, he does that scanning thing where his eyes move first and then his head. The T-800 is definitely a candidate for PERS. Whether PERS can ever look flawlessly good is another question.

if you think this sculpt doesnt look better than the MMS117 your either lying to yourself, maybe because you bought the MMS117 already, or you are bad at comparing things

Well have a look....

It could be argued none of them look like arnie. But 117 looks like a person, DX looks like a toy.

You guys are seriously saying pic 1 looks better than pic 2?

I don't think anyone is really saying the older set is better than this, are they?

It's not, especially without the glasses, but is that enough for a DX set which is almost identical to an older release?

And I do agree with solar sailor this looks more toy like, just like DXluke, DXbatman, and most of HT's recent releases. It's HT's new head sculpt style.

Who are you with your 1 post to tell anybody what to think? This looks bull****. And your opinion that you are putting forth as a statement is wrong.

Well have a look....

It could be argued none of them look like arnie. But 117 looks like a person, DX looks like a toy.

yes lol, pic 1 looks more like arnold than pic 2, am i going crazy? how is it even a comparison?

Correct, so are we only allowed to post if we buy or like something?

Each to his own but jump into the MMS117 first page and flick between. It's not even a contest going on these pictures.

No you can post whatever you like. Im just posting my opinion here. ;)

But some people haven't changed their opinion on the DX07 Rezz?
I don't understand why you seem to get so worked up if someone doesn't like something you love?

I think (and have always thought) the DX07 to be flawed in areas, still do.
Soft features, cheap clothing, dodgy eyes. I see the same softness to this sculpt which is why it looks too young?

Am I getting it, yes, I get all the DX sets, it doesn't have to be black or white. I'm sure OMGs pics will be awesome, that doesn't change anything.

Im not "worked up". Im just stating that it looks like the general consensus on Luke has done a 180. Everyone was in a panic over nothing. Obviously. Im thinking that same can be said here. Im saying "dont panic". OMG seems to be very happy with it so that has me pretty confident in the final figure. That is all Im saying. No one is getting worked up here.

Im not "worked up". Im just stating that it looks like the general consensus on Luke has done a 180. Everyone was in a panic over nothing. Obviously. Im thinking that same can be said here. Im saying "dont panic". OMG seems to be very happy with it so that has me pretty confident in the final figure. That is all Im saying. No one is getting worked up here.

People were quite rightly worked up about Luke though. Those shots were horrific. Nobody's getting worked up here either, I'm just flat out saying it looks no better than 117 (to me worse).

These are proper shots as far as I can tell. It's not a good DX, sorry :dunno

EDIT: to me.

I'm reserving judgment until more pics come in, but. . .the Luke situation was very different from this one. Plastic Enemies is a professional HT promoter who takes good pictures of what he is given. I have no idea who or what took those wacky early pics of Luke.

No you can post whatever you like. Im just posting my opinion here. ;)

No most people who had a problem with the DX07 set stopped posting about it because of constant brow beating in that thread. I hope it doesn't happen here as well. They simply left.

We need to be balanced about these sets.

OMG is not an impartial buyer, he doesn't work directly for HT (that we know of) but he is obviously a HT team player. I love his photos but you shouldn't need someone to tell you if you like something or not.

I think these pics look ok. Not as bad as it could have been, but certainly not what I have come to expect from a DX set.

So now that we are waiting for in-hand pictures to surface, it's safe to return the the DX Batman thread...?:monkey3

People were quite rightly worked up about Luke though. Those shots were horrific. Nobody's getting worked up here either, I'm just flat out saying it looks no better than 117 (to me worse).

These are proper shots as far as I can tell. It's not a good DX, sorry :dunno

EDIT: to me.

Those original Luke pics were scary, yes, but what Im saying is have some faith in the company. Theyve given a lot more cherries than they have lemons. More so than any other company I can think of.

This kind of thing happens with every thread though. Havent we all learned anything yet? I just dont understand the initial "freak out" over pics. I reserve judgement till I have the sucker in hand. And if any mods or changes can be done to improve it, I have no problem doing that. (its another bonus fun thing to this hobby), if its beyond saving or if I just dont like it, I can always resell it. :dunno

And yes, I know that at these prices we shouldnt have to fix/change/mod anything, but thats a sad fact of life that some times we do. :lol

early pics I think it looks okay. Not bad, but not great either. We shall see. They def tweaked the sculpt.

how anyone is excited about this while knowing the MMS117 is still available on the aftermarket is a real head scratcher to me. But, to each their own. :)

My opinion is that this version looks much better, but I'm not going to scratch my head over why people like the other version any more than I'm going to scratch my head over why people prefer the the colour blue over green.

Well have a look....

Pic 1: The least flattering production pic I've seen so far.
Pic 2: A proto shot of the original that didn't turn out quite the same at at production.

It's an easy game to play, comparing to pics that are not equal, and it really proves nothing.

Personally, I wasn't completely sold on the DX10 until I saw the store display pics. I thought the MMS117 looked good in the proto pics as long as the sunglasses weren't on. After that, I have seen hundreds of in hand pics of the MMS117 and I have yet to see one that makes it look good to me.

In short, who cares if someone likes one version more than the other? Is it really surprising that we each see things in our own way?

No most people who had a problem with the DX07 set stopped posting about it because of constant brow beating in that thread. I hope it doesn't happen here as well. They simply left.

We need to be balanced about these sets.

OMG is not an impartial buyer, he doesn't work directly for HT (that we know of) but he is obviously a HT team player. I love his photos but you shouldn't need someone to tell you if you like something or not.

I think these pics look ok. Not as bad as it could have been, but certainly not what I have come to expect from a DX set.

I dont need some one to tell me if I like something or not...if thats what you are getting at...:lol

Im reserving judgement till I have him in-hand. I have never had a HT figure IN HAND that did NOT impress me. Ive been wowed after opening every one so Im really not worried. And Ive come to learn not to judge by pics. They never give you that same sense of feel till youre holding the figure in your hand and looking at it with the naked eye and if it looks great on my shelf in person thats all that matters.

Those original Luke pics were scary, yes, but what Im saying is have some faith in the company. Theyve given a lot more cherries than they have lemons. More so than any other company I can think of.

This kind of thing happens with every thread though. Havent we all learned anything yet? I just dont understand the initial "freak out" over pics. I reserve judgement till I have the sucker in hand. And if any mods or changes can be done to improve it, I have no problem doing that. (its another bonus fun thing to this hobby), if its beyond saving or if I just dont like it, I can always resell it. :dunno

And yes, I know that at these prices we shouldnt have to fix/change/mod anything, but thats a sad fact of life that some times we do. :lol

But that's the problem Rezz you don't reserve judgement. To do so would mean remaining impartial, you jump at anyone who says a bad word against a set you are looking forward to?

Back