DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get use to it, it's what people do here.

Generalization at it's best. One size does not fit all.

Whats the purpose in non stop complaining? Someone answer that for me?

Because nobody can stop them. Some members were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

Last edited:
Add something meaningful!!!

Considering this is a board for TOYS, I WILL STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COMPLAINERS, WHEN THEY HAVE SOMETHING REAL TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

I love my 89 Keaton. If it starts to leak, I'll deal with it. I'm not going to cry conspiracy therory or BI@#H about how much I spent on it, and them turn right around and buy the next rubber suit that comes out.

Its old. I've been on these boards for almost a year and every thread has the same crappy posts from the same cry babies.

WRONG COLOR, TOO SHORT, WA WA WA

Get a life! Their toys.

So you're either blind or illiterate, right? Because there've not only been valid complaints but pics backing them. And if you're keeping it regardless, and have no interest here, WTF are you posting in this thread for, other than with the sole intent to troll? There's another thread for for this figure, for those who don't have issues and the general delusional. Go have fun there. :wave

Add something meaningful!!!

Considering this is a board for TOYS, I WILL STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COMPLAINERS, WHEN THEY HAVE SOMETHING REAL TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

I love my 89 Keaton. If it starts to leak, I'll deal with it. I'm not going to cry conspiracy therory or BI@#H about how much I spent on it, and them turn right around and buy the next rubber suit that comes out.

Its old. I've been on these boards for almost a year and every thread has the same crappy posts from the same cry babies.

WRONG COLOR, TOO SHORT, WA WA WA

Get a life! Their toys.

You have a tendency to belittle others' view just because you don't have the same opinion as they do. As I recall, you were complaining about this kind of behavior from other members on the forum just yesterday. I ask you to look at the tone and attitude you convey in your own posts and think about what it makes others think of you. There are much better ways to convey your opinion without coming off as tactless and abrasive. Everybody isn't going to buy direct from Sideshow like you do, everybody isn't going to think these prices are reasonable like you do(especially those that have been around for a long while), etc. You'll enjoy the forums a lot more if you take this into consideration when you post your opinions.

You'll probably be upset by my post here, but I think if you really put some thought into it, you might learn something about being a member of an online community such as this one. I'm trying to help you out here.

I agree that HT 1/6 figures are expensive. But EVERYTHING else in the world is going up. So in general, HT have gone @ 25% in the 3 years I've been collecting them. If they are too expensive, don't buy. If you don'y like the quality, don't buy. Ever Rory, has stated he would still have bought an 89 Batman knowing it was going to leak. I'll never understand people that complain because they have nothing better to do. I far from thing HT figure or the company is perfect. But I CHOOSE to spend my money on their figures because NO ONE ELSE IS MAKING THEM ANYWHERE NEAR THE QUALITY THAT THEY ARE. And I am sure there will be people who say Enterbay does. And that may be the case. But they aren't producing enough of the characters that I like. Plus, people are BI$#HING about them too.

You know what Mike, have you considered that, were HT to provide an appropriate forum where their customers can put any grievances directly to them, folks might be less inclined to complain on forums such as this one? I can't think of any other vendor who makes it so difficult for people to communicate meaningfully with them. Instead, HT have their distributors make up the shortfall in what should be standard, good old-fashioned customer service.

HT's approach to their customers sucks arse, and if people want to clog up this forum complaining about their expensive dolls not being up to par, all power to 'em. I'm surprised that in a thread like this one you're even calling people out on it. If any thread has been custom-tailored for complaints, it's this one.

You missed Rory's post about that exact thing happening. :thwak

I do remember that.

He didn't share photographic evidence to go with it. And has anyone corroborated with a similar experience?

Other than that one post from Rory, I've only seen posts like this:

48 hours since I noticed the shinny spot on mine, just rechecked it and nothing new.

I did however notice the glue issue off to the side. That was 110% not related to the shinny spot I found a couple days ago. The glue didn't just wipe of like the shinny spot did.

So...yeah. Thats all I have to report.

As far as I've seen, these are the only ones with oil initially:

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)
6. schokolade
7. MR Regan (wiped off/pics don't contain oil)

And only Rory claimed the oil came back. I may very well be wrong about that. One or two others may have said something, but by0and-large everyone has been silent. I would think that if the oil was making a nuisance out of itself by reappearing again, these collectors would be speaking up about it.

This Thread is priceless. Normally you have to pay for entertainment like this. I need more popcorn.

So you're either blind or illiterate, right? Because there've not only been valid complaints but pics backing them. And if you're keeping it regardless, and have no interest here, WTF are you posting in this thread for, other than with the sole intent to troll? There's another thread for for this figure, for those who don't have issues and the general delusional. Go have fun there. :wave

Well, I am neither blind or illiterate. But thanks for the insult. And I have supported those with problems several times in this thread already. There was nothing I said dismissing the poblems that exist. I am posting in this thread because I am planning on staying on top of this problem in case it happens to mine. And I could give a crap less what you thing about me, my posts or why I am here. You felt the need to insult me when I made no comment directed at you. Thats fine. As far as me being delusional, I'd have to disagree. I recognize that these are toys. I don't take them, you and anything that goes on here seriously.

You have a tendency to belittle others' view just because you don't have the same opinion as they do. As I recall, you were complaining about this kind of behavior from other members on the forum just yesterday. I ask you to look at the tone and attitude you convey in your own posts and think about what it makes others think of you. There are much better ways to convey your opinion without coming off as tactless and abrasive. Everybody isn't going to buy direct from Sideshow like you do, everybody isn't going to think these prices are reasonable like you do(especially those that have been around for a long while), etc. You'll enjoy the forums a lot more if you take this into consideration when you post your opinions.

You'll probably be upset by my post here, but I think if you really put some thought into it, you might learn something about being a member of an online community such as this one. I'm trying to help you out here.

I have no problem with what you are saying. And I agree with most of it. I disagree that I am trying to get people to see my point of view, Nothing like that at all. The only thing that I just can't understand is what the purpose of all the complaining is. You know it happens all the time. Its senseless. The only people that take my posts as abrasive or tactless, should. Its meant for them. the constant naggers. And ultimately, I don't care about their view of me. I know they are going to complain until the day they die.

Okay, I just did a little searching. Here's the list again:

1. Rory (1st Batman)
2. Rory (2nd Batman)
3. The Boot
4. CollectorNC
5. King Darkness (I think)
6. schokolade
7. MR Regan (wiped off/pics don't contain oil)

(Let me know if there's been anyone added since then. Master Wayne doesn't count I don't think. I know he was added, but I think he doesn't belong as he seems to have the tape problem, not an oil problem.)

I did that already thanks.

Just to be clear everyone, I have no doubt some of yours may have had some residue from the magnet tape on the inside of the belt.
But 2 things to take into account:
1: The back of my actual belt buckle was shiny wet with oil. Not the area with the magnet.
2: It came back without the belt on.

Now, I will leave it to you guys to debate the how and why, and I sincerely hope it's not a widespread problem. Not being a ____ or anything, but I genuinely don't have the energy for another DX02 thread!

:wave

So Rory's does seem to have a recurring problem. Not sure if it's just one or both.

Mine had spots of oil on the shoulders when i first opened him, Also at the bottom of his abs where the belt goes round the smooth bit.

Also the abs don't sit straight on mine, The whole top of his torso is not square to the bottom half anyone else noticed this.

Wiped the oil 5 days ago and it was back yesterday, It is coming from the seam.

Took this after i wiped it :slap:slap will catch if it happenjs again

Any updates?

btw make me part in the list of victims. I had a small speck of oil 'sweat' beads on the bottom part of his abs. But its not wiped off and wrapped properly with the black paper again. Here's hoping for it to not ever happen again!

Any updates?

Everyone else said no residue returned so far:

I just checked mine again (the second time since my initial discovery) and it's - just like last time - still dry.

Encouraging. :)

I have checked several times since and removed the black paper under the belt. I am just concerned that it will start back up as some have indicated it will...

48 hours since I noticed the shinny spot on mine, just rechecked it and nothing new.

I did however notice the glue issue off to the side. That was 110% not related to the shinny spot I found a couple days ago. The glue didn't just wipe of like the shinny spot did.

So...yeah. Thats all I have to report.

Last edited:
You know what Mike, have you considered that, were HT to provide an appropriate forum where their customers can put any grievances directly to them, folks might be less inclined to complain on forums such as this one? I can't think of any other vendor who makes it so difficult for people to communicate meaningfully with them. Instead, HT have their distributors make up the shortfall in what should be standard, good old-fashioned customer service.

HT's approach to their customers sucks arse, and if people want to clog up this forum complaining about their expensive dolls not being up to par, all power to 'em. I'm surprised that in a thread like this one you're even calling people out on it. If any thread has been custom-tailored for complaints, it's this one.

I have never dealt with HT directly, but I think your grievance forum idea is a great one. And you mistook my my statement. Here is what I wrote

That was not calling out anyone with a problem. That was directed at the constant complainers who probably don't even have this figure, but still have to join in on the mayhem. And that those who complain about ANYTHING are still purchasing what they are complaining about. Complaints like, I HATE THE EVANS SCULPY WITH THE TEETH SHOWING, AND THE BLUE IS OFF, AND i DON'T LIKE THE BODY, BUT I AM STILL GETTING IT.

I hope no one that is having the leakage problem this I was referring to them. NOT AT ALL. And to prove what I am saying, the 3 people who have commented on my post, aren't on the list of having aproblem. Those know how I feel. I have tried to help with this problem several time.

I agree that HT 1/6 figures are expensive. But EVERYTHING else in the world is going up. So in general, HT have gone @ 25% in the 3 years I've been collecting them. If they are too expensive, don't buy. If you don'y like the quality, don't buy. Ever Rory, has stated he would still have bought an 89 Batman knowing it was going to leak. I'll never understand people that complain because they have nothing better to do. I far from thing HT figure or the company is perfect. But I CHOOSE to spend my money on their figures because NO ONE ELSE IS MAKING THEM ANYWHERE NEAR THE QUALITY THAT THEY ARE. And I am sure there will be people who say Enterbay does. And that may be the case. But they aren't producing enough of the characters that I like. Plus, people are BI$#HING about them too.

That's exactly whats going to happen and yknow what then, as it continues to happen eventually a great company that contributes so much to the hobby is gone along with its quality with no support. Then you, myself, and everyone here that ethier complains about things, quietly observes, or " adds something meaningful" to this forum will suffer. Just how bout you shut up and bear it before HT turns into the Mcfarlane toys of 1/6.:exactly:

This thread is priceless! :lol

And damn, Nam! You have 115 posts in this thread? :lol

Nam doesn't just get pleasure out of the misery of others, it's like food to him. Nay, it is the very air he breathes. :lecture

That's exactly whats going to happen and yknow what then, as it continues to happen eventually a great company that contributes so much to the hobby is gone along with its quality with no support. Then you, myself, and everyone here that ethier complains about things, quietly observes, or " adds something meaningful" to this forum will suffer. Just how bout you shut up and bear it before HT turns into the Mcfarlane toys of 1/6.:exactly:

WHY DON'T I JUST SHUT UP?

No Thanks:nana:

This is for the people complaining about the complainers.

wm-No%20Complaining.jpg

Back