DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god. Again, HT? ____. I had a leaky DX-02, and it ultimately looked like an alien spat acid all over his abdomen, as it did ruin the rubber on mine.

Dammit. Guess I'll have to order from Sideshow if I get one at all, but I'm leaning toward just waiting and seeing how this plays out. FYI, I contacted HT about a replacement for a missing stud on T-800's jacket for the hell of it last year, and they told me they would only assist with replacements if you bought through official channels--i.e., Sideshow in the US. If you're buying from a different e-tailer, beware and be forewarned.

Nothing but the best for their loyal customers. I can't believe this is happening to such a great figure. I'm waiting for mine but now feeling hesitant to get it.

I did. Your pics are what made me second think my decision. :gah::lol

I refuse to play Chicken Little over this figure. I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, but I think sealing the back of the belt or putting something between the belt and the suit should hopefully prevent it from happening.

Like many other people, I have this on pre-order, but I'm not going to cancel mine. If I have to clean away oil on a daily basis then so be it. It's a hassle but not enough of a deterrant to me purchasing the figure. If it becomes a major issue, then Hot Toys should probably reimburse it's customers in some way. I'll at least wait and see what they say, if anything, before I send mine back to Sideshow.

Rory took the belt off and it still started to leak.. Not looking good

Yes but the back of the belt had aready touch the rubber starting a chemical reaction. I think if you can prevent it by keeping the exposed plastic on the buckle from touching the rubber you might prevent the oil. Just a thought.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but if you experienced the horror and trauma of the DX-02 issue :lol , you might be a bit freaked out right now, too. It completely ruined my Batman figure, and I'm just glad that I got my request to HT in early enough that they sent me a replacement body. I'm sure Nam will tell the same tale at some point :lol , but HT ignored complaints sand denied there was a problem at first, and it took a massive uproar to get HT to give out replacements. And when they did, they never completely admitted to screwing up, and stopped giving folks replacements at some point. But the problem was undeniable there. It wasn't just a leaky suit, it was a leaky suit that ruined the rubber.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but if you experienced the horror and trauma of the DX-02 issue :lol , you might be a bit freaked out right now, too. It completely ruined my Batman figure, and I'm just glad that I got my request to HT in early enough that they sent me a replacement body. I'm sure Nam will tell the same tale at some point :lol , but HT ignored complaints sand denied there was a problem at first, and it took a massive uproar to get HT to give out replacements. And when they did, they never completely admitted to screwing up, and stopped giving folks replacements at some point. But the problem was undeniable there. It wasn't just a leaky suit, it was a leaky suit that ruined the rubber.

That may be one of the best reasons to purchase this through Sideshow rather than a small vendor. Sideshow has worked with me on every problem I've ever had.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

After returning a DX02 for the same thing, the fact that the same ____ is already occurring here, HT can take the Keaton Bats I was gonna order, turn it sideways and shove it right up their ass. I'm done with HT rubber suits. Those keeping this POS, I look forward to teasing the hell out of you when, three weeks, six months, a year down the line you wind up making your first post in the DX09 leaky thread with your little :( face acknowledging yours has finally started leaking. :lol

Man this could be a real mess for Hot Toys if it becomes wide spread. I mean if people cancel Batman, it could very well lead to them cancelling Joker and the Batmobile as well.

My suit has absolutely no problems after 2 months , but I am now reconsidering keeping the order for my second Batman. I might have to email the store I bought it from and see if they would be willing to transfer the money I did pay to a Joker pre order and just have me pay the like $25 difference.

I love the figure, but DX02 was enough of a mess that it is something I don't need to see unfold again.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

After returning a DX02 for the same thing, the fact that the same ____ is already occurring here, HT can take the Keaton Bats I was gonna order, turn it sideways and shove it right up their ass. I'm done with HT rubber suits. Those keeping this POS, I look forward to teasing the hell out of you when, three weeks, six months, a year down the line you wind up making your first post in the DX09 leaky thread with your little :( face acknowledging yours has finally started leaking. :lol

I second this sentiment. Perhaps some of you did not experience the whole DX02 garbage. And then it was the Comedian. Now this. Either HT's is turning into one incompetent company, or they don't care about pushing garbage on their customers. As long as we keep buying their leaky rubber, then they will keep making it. No incentive to change.

Man this could be a real mess for Hot Toys if it becomes wide spread. I mean if people cancel Batman, it could very well lead to them cancelling Joker and the Batmobile as well.

People cancel their Batmobile orders, HT reduces production quantity accordingly, HT releases 89 Batman v2, Batmobile skyrockets in value, people cry about it, HT re-releases Batmobile.

The Aristocrats.

You know, if mine does start leaking, there might be a way to remedy it through something I haven't really dabbled in, customizing.

We shouldn't have to at $220+, but we might be able to make the figure better.

Cut off the rubber suit, get a 1/6 black wet suit/spandex leotard, cut off the armor plating rubber bits (the less rubber, the better) and affix them onto the wet suit. Viola, you'd have not only an even more accurate and poseable figure, but one that no longer leaks.

f6_3.jpg

Not sure, but I'd imagine it'd be doable. I mean other than the rubber suit, the figure is still fantastic. The headsculpt, the belt, the gauntlets, the boots the weapons. It would be a pity to not have an '89 Batman on the shelf.

Shame on Hot Toys for this crap. I'm not going to lose my ____ because mine hasn't leaked yet, but if/when it does I may attempt something like this. I know one thing is for sure. I'm never buying another Batman figure that has rubber again.

Back