Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but its last couple outing didn't do well. Plus JW 4 was a highly anticipated movie. I just expected JW to hold onto number 1 longer then a week.
There’s only been 1 in cinemas as far as I know and it was 23 years ago, the other 2 were direct to video garbage.

I just think this appeals to a broader audience than John Wick.

There’s only been 1 in cinemas as far as I know and it was 23 years ago, the other 2 were direct to video garbage.

I just think this appeals to a broader audience than John Wick.
I thought the second one made it to theatres, been a while though, so Im probably wrong.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, I'm just surprised JW didn't stay at number 1 longer, and that DnD was the one to beat it.

I liked this moofy a lot but I actially popped on here to see if anyone else punished thier eyes and ears with the Blue Beetle trailer. Apparently you are wiser than me.

Surprised this dethroned John Wick 4. Not that I was expecting DnD to be bad, but that Wick has a big following and a box office track record.
Not that surprising... bigger corp behind it doing marketing push, plus "nerdy D&D" is more prevalent in the public mind of "normies".

Unfortunately, despite the better than expected opening, this movie is probably going to lose money. Using the standard 2.5x multiplier of budget ($150M) its break-even is $375M. It‘s performing fairly strong overseas but that’s going to be a tough mark to reach.

I guess it might help that we have a holiday weekend coming up, though. It doesn’t have a lot of competition. Wick 4‘s been out for a while now. And again… amazingly, at 256 reviews now it’s holding on RT at 91% and 94% audience score!

Last edited:
Yeah it’s one of those films that will always be hampered by the fact that the gremlin generic modern mainstream audiences don’t really want to see Dungeons and Dragons on the big screen. And that’s sad because it’s a brilliant film. I can’t remember the last time I was so effortlessly entertained by a film and saw it twice in one week, which I haven’t done in a long time, didn’t even do it for TGM.

It is my new go to film for when I am bored/depressed. Fingers crossed that despite the low numbers the studio will appreciate the effort and love that went into this film. I know it’s a very long shot though.

Back