Dune Part Two (October 20th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true. Some things are just meant for one medium.

Star Wars is a MOVIE. It's not a novel, it's not a radio drama, it's not a stage play. It's 100% a movie.

I can name dozens of comic books that never worked as movies or cartoons, but were absolutely perfect as comic books.

The worm does nothing for me.
7kiw80.gif

Last edited:
Okay that trailer looks pretty epic. Am sure some cinemas might do a double showing one after another 🤘

Am sure some cinemas might do a double showing one after another 🤘
Wasn't Jodorowsky's Dune supposed to be a 12 hr experiance spanning several days (think Des Nibelungen 4 day opera cycle), with a track by then Dark Side of the Moon era Pink Floyd? While a complete betrayal of the novels and affront to common senses, it still would have been a bizarre, mesmerizing, zeitgeist altering phenomena.

Last edited:
More slow motion sand…
Slo-mo sand tells us it's epicness, that is. The more a 50 foot IMAX screen fills with slow-blowing sand and the occasional shot of a sunset, the more capital letters can be used, like: EPIC, OMG SO EPIC!!!!

sand bunker GIF by The Evian Championship

I'm at HYPECON 4. :lecture

Readiness condition
Exercise termDescriptionGeekiness
HYPECON 1COCKED BLASTERNerding out is imminent or has already begunMaximum geekiness. Immediate forum responses and nitpicking
HYPECON 2FAST PACENext step to nerding outReady to fanboy or fangirl and nerd out in less than six hours
HYPECON 3ROUND HOUSEIncrease in nerd readiness above that required for normal geekinessReady to nerd out within 14 days or less
HYPECON 4DOUBLE TAKEIncreased media watch and strengthened anti-spoiler measuresAbove normal geekiness
HYPECON 5JADEDLowest state of readinessNormal geekiness

I can't remember the last time I was higher than hypecon 5 for anything.

Maybe the Matrix sequels and LOTR?

I seem to recall you loved the last Matrix flick, but I don't remember what state of readiness you were at prior. :unsure:

Oh no, I mean the Reloaded/Revolutions over 20 years ago. My hype was through the freaking rooooooof.

That last one I thought was gonna totally suck and I had zero hype for it. Negative hype, even. Everyone seems to agree it was total garbage. I liked it though. I think I'm one of the only ones.

Facebook: WAAAHHHHH FEYD-RAUTHA!!!!!

.... Which puts me in mind of the time me, my mom, my brother and my now-husband were all watching the first Dune, and here came our first sight of Sting, fresh from the refresher.

img_0049.jpg

Me: thats some primo acting right there.

My mother: Agree. Its like something out of Shakespeare.

My brother: its a good thing they picked someone with a storied acting history, sure enough. This role requires true gravitas.

Me: you dont see that every day, for sure.

.... And on it went, meanwhile this new Feyd puts me in mind of the villain in "Cari Mora" by Thomas Harris. That was such an upsetting villain that I cant reread that book - which was quite good - but somehow neither Sting or this new guy capture the essence of what Feyd should really be. Maybe someone closer to Loki. Suave but deadly.

HYPECON: 5. Interested.

Last edited:
Back