Dune Part Two (October 20th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Florence Pugh is in talks to appear as Princess Irulan. :yess:
CautiousSlimAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

Irulan is supposed to be stunningly beautiful. Which casting director in their right mind thinks that Pugh would be good casting? Christ. First Zendaya Chani and now this. I'm tired...

anigif_sub-buzz-1699-1528821250-1.gif

At least I'll always have the game...

1ff74a7bfef596dee39077acae425bcd.jpg

Well, I didn't! And if something doesn't make me specifically happy, then it's trash. TRASH!

tumblr_mv4vwvSmTk1rik33go6_500.gif
Movie Paul and Chani appeared just as I pictured them in the book but strangely Zendaya didn't actually play Chani the way I was expecting her to be played. Book Chani had so much more fire while movie Chani was more mopey, which I found strange since I know Zendaya is capable of portraying the former. I wonder if Denis deliberately asked that she be more mellow.

Movie Paul and Chani appeared just as I pictured them in the book but strangely Zendaya didn't actually play Chani the way I was expecting her to be played. Book Chani had so much more fire while movie Chani was more mopey, which I found strange since I know Zendaya is capable of portraying the former. I wonder if Denis deliberately asked that she be more mellow.
It's a Villenueve movie, of course everyone will be mopey and the aesthetics devoid of life and colour, yet draped in brutalism. I didn't hate DUNC, but as I said in my quasi-review way back when, it's not what I wanted. Still, I'm excited enough for P2. And I'll drop the half grand for that Queen Studios Paul dolly.

Irulan is supposed to be stunningly beautiful. Which casting director in their right mind thinks that Pugh would be good casting?
We agree. I think Pugh is adorable in certain roles but she's all wrong for Irulan, who should be otherworldly, not adorable.

Otherworldly...? Like Polina Malinovskaya?
I had to look her up. No. She's a very attractive young lady but also (in terms of conventional beauty) quite generic. Nothing stands out about her, she has no presence. I think we need more than an Instagram 'star'.

Where, or where are the Supermodels of Ancient Times ...

We agree. I think Pugh is adorable in certain roles but she's all wrong for Irulan, who should be otherworldly, not adorable.
Pugh is just too pudgy looking. She's got weird proportions. She's cutesy, but she's not stunning princess material.

I had to look her up. No. She's a very attractive young lady but also (in terms of conventional beauty) quite generic. Nothing stands out about her, she has no presence. I think we need more than an Instagram 'star'.

Where, or where are the Supermodels of Ancient Times ...
I've got you.

nata-lee-10-10-2021-23.jpg

100% real, natural, definitely non-sillicone beauty!

But really, the could've just followed the game...

8hslc6qo34d51.jpg

Honestly, DUNE should've been an Anime.

d4d2517f929da2c186eddb3f128d7a24--frank-herbert-duncan.jpg

I agree that Pugh has got some baby fat but she's still ridiculously cute and can easily rock the aloof bitchiness that Irulan is supposed to embody.

I really liked how Lynch had her deliver the opening voice-over as a nod to her journal notes that kicked off every chapter of the book.

While she's very attractive, that's more Daisy Duke than Princess Irulan ... LOL

I just don't get the appeal of most Anime. Could never get into it and don't see it for Dune, but that's a matter of personal taste.
Anime is a thing you watch as a teen and grow a tolerance to. It's autistic and ridiculous, but underneath it there's a sincerity, even if it's shrouded in lots of hamfisted exposition, that's not found in much media.

I agree that Pugh has got some baby fat but she's still ridiculously cute and can easily rock the aloof bitchiness that Irulan is supposed to embody.

I really liked how Lynch had her deliver the opening voice-over as a nod to her journal notes that kicked off every chapter of the book.
Dpqu.gif

She's also supposed to embody otherworldly beauty... If Hollywood can only cast the current "it" girl and has run ouf of ideas that much, then at least go for Anya. She looks "otherworldly" at least...

GettyImages-1207197882.jpg

Ahhhh... Nata Lee... a modern favorite. Her and Galina Dub.
What kind of... "favourite"... ?

44aacd5174952f02a371061fbba921bc3bf9da4d.gifv

Ooh, I agree, Anya would definitely be a better choice.
tumblr_mrf6tjaV801rwm836o1_500.gif

It's not that I dislike Pugh, she's just... pudgy. Wrong for the role. I hope they don't attempt to go further than Messiah, because Leto II and Ghanima will be a ***** to cast. I don't even know how they'll solve the Alia problem in DUNC.

Back