Dragon Models to make Star Trek: The Next Generation figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dragon Models to make Stak Trek: The Next Generation figures?

Hope this line succeeds, would love a Wrath of Khan Kirk and Spock made in 1/6, always loved those uniforms the best of all Trek Starfleet uniforms.

Agreed!!!! Best uniforms for sure.

Is Dragon Models the company that makes the Dragon bodies many customizers use?

Yes, DML is Dragon Models Limited, they started off as a model company, doing 1/35 and 1/16 model kits. Afterwards they basically started the 1/6 scale revolution by doing very detailed (for the time) 1/6 WWII military action figures.

Yes, DML is Dragon Models Limited, they started off as a model company, doing 1/35 and 1/16 model kits. Afterwards they basically started the 1/6 scale revolution by doing very detailed (for the time) 1/6 WWII military action figures.

:lecture

Yup, and there's also Dragon in Dreams (DiD) who makes 1/6th scale stuff. But generally speaking, "Dragon" refers to DML when talking 1/5th manufacturers.

Thats 1:6 figures. And Its too bad that the PTB stonewalled the Trek TOS figures from SFM. Would've been nice to see the generations meet!!

Considering how badly their LOTR figures were I'm not impressed. If it's not Hot Toys or Sideshow I'm not buying them.

Considering how badly their LOTR figures were I'm not impressed. If it's not Hot Toys or Sideshow I'm not buying them.
I didn't think Dragon made any LotR figures. I think you have them confused with DiD who have made great improvements on their figures since then, but it's not them, unless I'm confused, so that's neither here nor there since you wont be getting them in any case.

DID=Dragon In Dreams. It's their non-military fantasy division.

I didn't think Dragon made any LotR figures. I think you have them confused with DiD who have made great improvements on their figures since then, but it's not them, unless I'm confused, so that's neither here nor there since you wont be getting them in any case.

True Creech, DML never made any Lord of the Rings figures. That was DiD.

Since this is likely the only way we'll ever have mass produced 1/6 Star Trek, I'm open to seeing what they offer. They look fine as far as portraits, if anything just not at super high end level, more like Hasbro level renditions but they look like who they should be, not stylistic or anything. Again, big factor for me is the uniforms, also the general look too. Never cared for Riker's look in the early days, around season 3-4 with the better uniforms and the full beard and all was my favorite look. Pretty much all the characters looked best after around season 3. I'd love if these guys did Picard as Locutus.

the simplicity of star trek outfits makes this a yawn of a line in 1/6th scale to begin with. the price tag actually makes it laughable.

Wasn't Gentle Giant doing 1/6?

I thought so, too. They showed some pics of an amazing Picard, which blows away this one from DML (Dragon).

The Dragon headsculpts look Hasbro-ish. Actually, the Playmates headsculpts were surprisingly well done.

The price posted is ridiculously high.

I would collect this line if it were well done and well priced. Let's see what happens.

DID=Dragon In Dreams. It's their non-military fantasy division.

DID is their own company, nothing to do with Dragon Models Limited, besides both offering bendable hands which DML originated.

I can't wait to see what they do with this line, I am a big fan of Dragon. At one time their Jin-roh figure was the best on the market and when it comes to WWII, imo, they have no equal.
If they put the same amount of detail in STTNG as they do in their military lines then we are all in for a treat.

I'm with you picco. I've been impressed with the figures I have of theirs, particularly the NASA Astronaut, though the likeness wasn't anything really. The uniforms will be great and they don't skimp on accessories, but what could these come with?

MR. DRAGON, MAKE IT SO!!!!!:banana:banana

Engage!!! :banana:banana

Its is too bad that GG Picard will never see the light of day, but if they could never even release Master Chief (a much hotter property) poor Trek doesn't have a chance.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Trek figures... but bonus is that Trek figures never really seem to do well on the secondary market, so you might be able to score a deal on these later on.

Back