Dr. Strange film coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booyah!

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dr. Strange is the Marvel Universe's "Master of the Mystic Arts," also called the Sorcerer Supreme, and while Stan Lee and Neil Gaiman have said that he is the character they'd most like to see on the big screen, other's worry that the character is "problematic."

But according to Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige, he's next in line.

"Very much so," Feige said. "I’d say in the next year, year and a half, as we start putting together our film slate for 2012 and 2013, I would not be shocked if we saw Dr. Strange on those lists. I love the idea of taping into the magical realm of the Marvel Universe, which is fairly significant and hasn’t yet seen life on screen.

"It’s something I’m very, very interested in," he emphasized.

When asked if the good doctor was a bit obscure to most movie-goers, Feige laughed. "I remember two years ago at Comic Con the cover of the ‘LA Times Calendar Section,’ read ‘Marvel calls out the B team’ and there was a picture of Iron Man. We don’t look at them as ‘B team.’ Dr. Strange? This is one of the best characters we have. [He represents] this amazing cosmic universe to Marvel that we haven’t played with in films yet and I think could be amazing to play with."

A lot of people have been pushing Strange for a while now....should be interesting to see how its done.

I've been a fan of Dr. Strange ever since he was featured in issues of Strange Tales. Seeing so many Marvel heroes in feature films, especially good ones, is like a dream come true for this vintage Marvel fan... I'm really looking forward to seeing how this idea develops, too.

Last edited:
:rotfl He must have stole Mr T's chains. Is that Mr. Kotter?

They would nt welcome him back dressed like that.Wonder how they ll handle Dormammu?

Another interesting thing about Doctor Stephen Strange is they gave him an origins story as an afterthought!

Meh..Not a fan but, I'll check it out when it comes out on DVD.
Congrats to the Strange fans, though.

I only want to see Dr. Strange in a movie if he's getting his puny hands crushed by the Green Scar!!!!!! :rock

WWHULK003_int28.jpg

This is going to be a cool movie with lots and lots of special effects.

:rotfl He must have stole Mr T's chains. Is that Mr. Kotter?

WTF is this??? I've never seen any of the movies or animated stuff... and very glad I didn't! :lol Kinda reminds me of the very first "Spider-Man" feature film... if you really want a good laugh, see if you can dig that one up somewhere. But be forewarned, it sucks like a black hole!

Here's to hoping Marvel's QC ensures we get a Dr. Strange movie actually worth watching. :D

Since Marvel Studios say they want to do at least 2 films per year starting in 2010, and based on what we know so far, it would be a safe assumtion that the 2012-13 line up will be (in no particular order):

Antman
Runaways
Dr. Strange
Iron Man 3

I'd rather them replace Runaways with Hulk 2 or Black Panther.

Back