Do we need an Indiana Jones section?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a seperate Indiana Jones forum?

• No, all Indy threads should remain in General

Votes: 43 37.7%
  • Yes, but it should go in with Star Wars section as an "all things Lucas" forum

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Yes, Indy needs his own forum all to himself

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters
Don't salute me, it's this Samuel Adams Festive Ale that deserves all of the credit. :duff

(Oops. Did I just drop another name?)

:lol

Don't salute me, it's this Samuel Adams Festive Ale that deserves all of the credit. :duff

(Oops. Did I just drop another name?)

:lol

You name dropping whore. I bet Samuel Adams is a friend of yours, and he sends you free cases of his ale all the time.:rotfl

I myself would pledge to keep an INDY section active since I personally care more about that property than any of the others you mentioned (perhaps even SW).

And I know I'm not alone.

I would be quite active in the Ind section. Its not my all time fave but it along with LOTR and SW are the big three for me. I plan on getting several items from the SS lines so I would love 2 have a section to discuss Indy without having to search though threads about Anime, Rocky, Ramob, POTC, etc.

I see the Darklord will be busy again if he drops into this thread this morning.

Looks that way

I would say no to a indy forum. The general section is good enough. Though I do think we should change the Marvel to a Superheroes section to include DC and the like.

Really? LOTR is considered a classic and has 3 movies that made a **** pile of cash on top of some of the best collectibles ever. Marvel has what on its side really? You and your underage lady of the evening molesting the Hulk PF? :rotfl

I would say Spiderman movies/merchandise alone has made more money than all of the LOTR stuff.

I would say no to a indy forum. The general section is good enough. Though I do think we should change the Marvel to a Superheroes section to include DC and the like.

This makes the most sense to me as well as I posted earlier. And it seems the general consensus is pretty much split now which usually means there's no overwhelming Freaks support for a Separate Indy Section. With TDK coming out next year with Ironman and so many others to follow, it would free up plenty of thread space for the Indy threads in the Gen Section if this SH Section happens.

So, hopefully we will see

Super Hero Section Including Marvel. We need this Dave.

General Section to Include Indy, Action Heroes, etc.

Initially I thought we didn't need another forum, but I've been reconsidering. There's going to be an awful lot of merchandise coming out. All of us are so geared up for Trevor's 12" Raiders Indy that we're forgetting that Sideshow will be doing both 1:6 and 1:4, and that four movies probably mean at least four versions of Indy, with possible outfit alternatives thrown in -- the working professor in his campus civies, the Nazi uniform disguise. There will no doubt be some other characters in both scales -- the various leading ladies, villains, sidekicks, and father. And that's just Sideshow. There will be people who want to discuss the Gentle Giant stuff, the Cinemaquette figure, and the Hasbro 1:6 stuff as it hits the market.

Indy's own forum.....:confused:

I voted for its own section, simply for the ease of being able to find threads once product starts being released...and there will be a ton of it. If it fizzles, then just re-absorb back into the general section. But it doesn't hurt to give it a try.

EVILFACE said:

Nope, we don't need a separate section. It's fine the way it is now. All buzz will die down anyways after the movie ends.:monkey1

I voted no if it isn't obvious.

Bah! Those of you voting "No" and against an INDIANA JONES section will be the first to start complaining when the General Discussion forum is flooded with tons of different Indy threads starting in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

And, trust me, if there is no separate INDY forum that is going to happen.

The irony here is that those voting against an INDY section seem to be doing so because they're just not interested in the property when they could just ignore that section instead of watching it take over General Discussion or something else. Remember, the reason why the "Aliens & Robots" forum exists is because the ALIEN/PREDATOR and ROBOCOP discussions took over the General section. Heed history, especially for a franchise that's probably more hallowed than any of those. :p

In other words, be careful what you wish for recalcitrants. Then again, "Yes" is still leading. :cool:

Bah! Those of you voting "No" and against an INDIANA JONES section will be the first to start complaining when the General Discussion forum is flooded with tons of different Indy threads starting in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

And, trust me, if there is no separate INDY forum that is going to happen.

The irony here is that those voting against an INDY section seem to be doing so because they're just not interested in the property when they could just ignore that section instead of watching it take over General Discussion or something else. Remember, the reason why the "Aliens & Robots" forum exists is because the ALIEN/PREDATOR and ROBOCOP discussions took over the General section. Heed history, especially for a franchise that's probably more hallowed than any of those. :p

In other words, be careful what you wish for recalcitrants. Then again, "Yes" is still leading. :cool:
I was just talking with my friend Harrison Ford and he said he would vote no for an Indy section. He also wanted to know how you got his number Irish and would like it if you would stop calling him at all hours.:monkey5

Bannister, since you're awesome, I wont call you a name-dropper.

Back