• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Do not use "gift" when sending payment by paypal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
picture.php

I also send teemu money orders. Livin' on the edge.

The only problem I have with the Paypal fee charged, is that alot of seller here are charging 4 or 5 %. when paypal is only 2.75% + .30.

A) It's actually 2.9%, not 2.75%. And it's even more for international transfers.

B) If you think a seller is over-charging you for Paypal fees and not treating you equitably, feel free to ask them to bring it down. If they won't, and if it bothers you, then don't buy from them.

I know I wouldn't buy from a seller if I knew he was over-charging me just because I'm using Paypal. It's one thing to ask for a higher price to cover the fees. It's another to ask for even more on top of that.

You, sir, are a real winner.

No, sir - a winner is you!

Paypal fees have been 4% on transactions I've done. I'm in Ireland. However I've stopped asking for them. People are free to accidentally pay them for me at checkout if they want though :D

Freaks

I hope i am wrong and I will give this new member a chance but i never had this happen before but a new member sold me a few parts and initially wanted me to pay as" gift" . I decline and pay as goods. Guess what , after paying this fella is no longer responding

Be careful out there

I will keep everyone posted on if I am wrong

Maybe time to get your money back... usually the sooner the better as you can prevent them from withdrawing your money from their account.

The whole addictedtocollecting mess has been a bit of a wake up call.

It has made me very uneasy about these blind transactions and I know now that I will never again send any payments as "gift".

Stay protected and don't open yourself up to the scammers floating about out there.

A big "up yours" to A2C and his greedy ways.

Wish I could have gave everyone a warning here about A2C. He pulled similar stunts back at the spawn.com forums a few years back. When he became active again, he explained how his life was in shambles and he was trying very hard to make it right and be an honest reliable seller again here. I some people just can't quit their bad habits. And he was doing good here with good feedback. What a way to ruin it for everyone, especially the honest sellers here. I used to take payment in gift all the time but now I don't even have the heart to ask people anymore. A big up yours to A2C from me too.

IMO Dave should ban the use of asking buyers to paypal as gift payments in the commerce section.

I see it the other way around..

There are plenty of buyers out there who are trying to scam the seller by false claims.

I've sold lots by gift only and it all worked fine for my customers.

cheers!

I see it the other way around..

There are plenty of buyers out there who are trying to scam the seller by false claims.

I've sold lots by gift only and it all worked fine for my customers.

cheers!

Half of my transactions here I was paid in gift and not one hitch or problem to this day. But I can understand why people are paranoid about it now. I only ask people that have a long standing relationship with me and the same as people I buy from. I believe it's a personal choice and banning it won't do. All we can do is warn those who are new to this.

Half of my transactions here I was paid in gift and not one hitch or problem to this day. But I can understand why people are paranoid about it now. I only ask people that have a long standing relationship with me and the same as people I buy from. I believe it's a personal choice and banning it won't do. All we can do is warn those who are new to this.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back