District 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a 27"x40" version of the For Humans Only sign/poster. I saw it at a bus stop and it looked cool.

district-9-marketing-poster.jpg

this movie looks like it could be really good.

i love the concept, although it's been done before with "alienation" (which i also loved).

dig the whole pseudo-documentary approach. the poor alien looked so forlorn in the trailer's interrogation scene.

I sooo wana see this kind of pisses me off how they treat the alien its kind of like how they use to treat blacks lol. Aliens look sad hopefully they get home.

The kids would've shat their pants if this was "ET"

Last edited:
I almost feel bad for the aliens, especially now that his answers are subtitled.

The trailer implies that the aliens came here by accident, or at least it wasn't planned, and now they can't leave. The alien's eyes display some sadness too, I think.

It really is an interesting take on alien "invasion" movies where the aliens are usually the bad guys. By the first look of this, it looks more like we humans are the bad guys and intolerant towards them.

That's interesting, because I've always felt like we/humans would always be the bad guys in this situation. Our governments, especially the USA, with it's huge EGO, would not to allow some alien race to land here, contaminate the minds of it's population, and then not give up it's superior technology/secrets. If they feel they can exploit them I truly believe they will.

You have to realize too that there can be only one superior race of beings, and if the governments of this world have anything to say or do about it, it will be they/us who is superior. We will take their technology and make them inferior and put them beneath us.

I certainly wouldn't want this to be true but I think that it is, and unless we change, it will always be...

Last edited:
That's interesting, because I've always felt like we/humans would always be the bad guys in this situation. Our governments, especially the USA, with it's huge EGO, would not to allow some alien race to land here, contaminate the minds of it's population, and then not give up it's superior technology/secrets. If they feel they can exploit them I truly belive they will.

You have to realize too that there can be only one superior race of biengs, and if the governments of this world have anything to say or do about it, it will be them/us who is superior. We will take their technology and make them inferior and put them beneath us.

I certainly wouldn't want this to be true but I think that it is and unless we change, it will always be...

That's an interesting theory, and I have to agree with you on that.

My previous post in which I stated that humans seem like bad guys in this film was more from a movie fans view.

Because you know, in a movie like Independence Day, where a large alien force comes to earth, the humans and aliens don't even get the chance to communicate, but the aliens just start blowing everything up. But in that movie, the aliens also do not come in peace.

In this movie it seems that they do, and then it's very realistic human behaviour I guess.

So this movie might actually be very realistic. Something that would really happen, if such an event actually occured.

I think that if there ever is contact with an alien species and the species aren't hostile from the very beginning, than the humans will react like this. And because of that behavior, humanity just might condemn itself to intergalactic war or something. Maybe not so drastic, but they wouldn't be liked by an alien species, I guess.

But the movie looks to be very good indeed... At least it gives us great oppertunity to think about such events and human behavior and discuss about it :)

That's an interesting theory, and I have to agree with you on that.

My previous post in which I stated that humans seem like bad guys in this film was more from a movie fans view.

Because you know, in a movie like Independence Day, where a large alien force comes to earth, the humans and aliens don't even get the chance to communicate, but the aliens just start blowing everything up. But in that movie, the aliens also do not come in peace.

In this movie it seems that they do, and then it's very realistic human behaviour I guess.

So this movie might actually be very realistic. Something that would really happen, if such an event actually occured.

I think that if there ever is contact with an alien species and the species aren't hostile from the very beginning, than the humans will react like this. And because of that behavior, humanity just might condemn itself to intergalactic war or something. Maybe not so drastic, but they wouldn't be liked by an alien species, I guess.

But the movie looks to be very good indeed... At least it gives us great oppertunity to think about such events and human behavior and discuss about it :)

Now we're in agreement. :)

the best sci-fi always makes us reflect on the human condition. metropolis, planet of the apes, blade runner, robocop...

Now we're in agreement. :)

Yes we are! :lol :duff

the best sci-fi always makes us reflect on the human condition. metropolis, planet of the apes, blade runner, robocop...

You are right about that! It's good to see how human behaviour as we all know it is shown in comparison to a more powerfull and wiser alien race or Entity :)D :monkey3).

But seriously, it's such movies that makes us reflect on how stupid mankind could and probably would act in such circumstances. This always makes for an interesting view, and it's good to think about.

The movies you mentioned, defenitely trigger the viewer to think about such things.

I think it's almost save to say that District 9 could be added to that list too. At least the trailer could :D

This movie looks really interesting. I saw the trailer during Wolverine, and now that I saw the subtitled alien text, I'm surprised they didn't put that in the theatrical traile.r I think it would have made more people intrigued (I heard an annoying couple tell each other they werent interested and that it looked stupid).

I'm SOOOOO glad the aliens arent greys... I don't think I would be able to watch the film if they were in it since I have a HUGE grey phobia... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Me too........:(:(

Back