District 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it would appear were keeping them prisoner. :horror
Nice take on an invasion type story.

Very interesting indeed. I like the alien look a lot more now that I can see it, and it's a neat twist that they are holding them hostage and not allowing them to leave. It seems like they are trying to gain knowledge of their weaponry and technology for their own gain... very different way of tackling this type of film.

Very interesting indeed. I like the alien look a lot more now that I can see it, and it's a neat twist that they are holding them hostage and not allowing them to leave. It seems like they are trying to gain knowledge of their weaponry and technology for their own gain... very different way of tackling this type of film.

I could actually find this belivable too. If theres one thing the worlds goverment will always want , its more power and who could supply that better than all knowing aliens !.
Can't wait to see the direction this takes.. will they fight back ?.
Will they surrender all their knowledge in order to be released ?.

This movie could go anywhere. :rock

I think it looks amazing...but I think it's gonna flop inthe Big Screen! Cuz it doesn't look like its gonna attracted people! Just us nerds!

At first I thought this was Halo when I saw the trailer. I'm looking forward to this movie now, but I wish they would start working on Halo.

I like the first poster the best, because there's more going on in the background, and the targetpractice poster looks pretty cool.

The second poster is a bit more plain, but it would be cool to hang on a door or something like that... Maybe the bathroom door :lol

Here's the trailer with the alien's face unblurred and subtitles.

<object width="450" height="294"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/10758"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/10758" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="294" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

I almost feel bad for the aliens, especially now that his answers are subtitled.

The trailer implies that the aliens came here by accident, or at least it wasn't planned, and now they can't leave. The alien's eyes display some sadness too, I think.

It really is an interesting take on alien "invasion" movies where the aliens are usually the bad guys. By the first look of this, it looks more like we humans are the bad guys and intolerant towards them.

It really is an interesting take on alien "invasion" movies where the aliens are usually the bad guys. By the first look of this, it looks more like we humans are the bad guys and intolerant towards them.

So I'd say pretty accurate to how we'd probably treat an alien civilization that came here on accident or looking for help.

Saw the trailer today for that first time on Salvation and i am so pumped!!! it feels awesome!!! i cant wait!! i am very intrigued bu this movie!!!

I almost feel bad for the aliens, especially now that his answers are subtitled.

The trailer implies that the aliens came here by accident, or at least it wasn't planned, and now they can't leave. The alien's eyes display some sadness too, I think.

I know I love it, great take on an worn out idea. I hope they break free and fry the humans!!! Go aliens!!!

Saw the new trailer and it was great. This movie looks to be promising. And I agree with others, the take on this film that the Humans could be seen as the bad guys and the Non-Humans/Aliens are the innocent lifeforms is a welcome change; and a very interesting one.

The curious nature of Human Beings is what has to be keeping the Aliens from leaving, as Humans would want to study and investigate this whole situation. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, will the Aliens retaliate and start a war with the Humans? Or will the Humans simply take all these Aliens prisoner?

You know I was just looking at the website: www.d-9.com and it has some interesting info on their. For example there are many 'Behavior Recommendations' given, a few examples: "Avoid giving money to Non-Human beggars", "Non-Humans must be treated with Respect", "Simple hand gestures may be mis-understood by Non-Humans. Use with caution", "Please refrain from using Non-Human drinking fountains, to prevent the spread of disease". All of these imply that Humans can have everyday contact with Non-Humans. It is almost as if the Non-Humans begin to live among the Humans as they are kind and harmless but yet they have no choice as they cannot leave the planet. So while the Humans may keep them captive here on Earth, they seem to have some freedom. They even give Non-Humans their own drinking fountain.

Check out the site, it is interesting.

Last edited:
Saw the new trailer and it was great. This movie looks to be promising. And I agree with others, the take on this film that the Humans could be seen as the bad guys and the Non-Humans/Aliens are the innocent lifeforms is a welcome change; and a very interesting one.

The curious nature of Human Beings is what has to be keeping the Aliens from leaving, as Humans would want to study and investigate this whole situation. It will be interesting to see how this turns out, will the Aliens retaliate and start a war with the Humans? Or will the Humans simply take all these Aliens prisoner?

You know I was just looking at the website: www.d-9.com and it has some interesting info on their. For example there are many 'Behavior Recommendations' given, a few examples: "Avoid giving money to Non-Human beggars", "Non-Humans must be treated with Respect", "Simple hand gestures may be mis-understood by Non-Humans. Use with caution", "Please refrain from using Non-Human drinking fountains, to prevent the spread of disease". All of these imply that Humans can have everyday contact with Non-Humans. It is almost as if the Non-Humans begin to live among the Humans as they are kind and harmless but yet they have no choice as they cannot leave the planet. So while the Humans may keep them captive here on Earth, they seem to have some freedom. They even give Non-Humans their own drinking fountain.

Check out the site, it is interesting.

That site is really interesting indeed, checked it a couple weeks back.

I think the Non-Humans' actions will depend on how the human curiosity is being showed. From the trailer, it seems that the curiosity goes along with some hostility or at least frustration, which eventually could lead to hostility, because the alien doesn't give the answer the human interrogator wants to hear.

Thus they are being put in District 9, or so it seems. Probably a "refugee-camp like area" for the Non-Humans...

Also the fact that the interviewed people in the beginning of the trailer are "scared" of the aliens, could give some tense situations where just one stupid action could escalate everything.

I think this movie could be, and I hope it will be, really really interesting.

This movie looks really interesting. I saw the trailer during Wolverine, and now that I saw the subtitled alien text, I'm surprised they didn't put that in the theatrical traile.r I think it would have made more people intrigued (I heard an annoying couple tell each other they werent interested and that it looked stupid).

I'm SOOOOO glad the aliens arent greys... I don't think I would be able to watch the film if they were in it since I have a HUGE grey phobia... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

district9_1.jpg
district9_2.jpg
district9_3.jpg

This movie looks righteous indeed. What's up with the picture of the guy with the two different color eyes?

Back