Disney's Gargoyles movie on the way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ra88

Super Freak
Reaction score
What the hell, Disney. :slap

https://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67938

Disney Bringing Gargoyles to Life
Source: Variety July 13, 2010

"Walt Disney Pictures is in negotiations with Zoe Green to write the screenplay based on an original idea she developed with the studio on gargoyles, says Variety.

The trade says the project is not tied to "Gargoyles," the animated TV series that Disney produced in the 1990s, or a comic book that was later produced by series creator Greg Weisman.

Green and Disney executive LouAnne Brickhouse came up with the idea. Lauren Shuler Donner will produce the live-action film. "

So... they're gonna make a Disney's Gargoyles film, which isn't based on Disney's Gargoyles... :cuckoo:

I believe if they actually adapted the animated series, that we could get an awesome film! I loved the series when I was a kid! One of my favorite cartoons! The storyline was awesome and so were the characters! :rock :rock :rock

I really hope they'll come with an awesome idea for the film, and not a stupid comedy or whatever...
Just makes me wonder, why they are doing something new, when they have the most awesome source material to begin with...

Like it or not, there wasn't a lot of demand for new Gargoyles beyond the cult fanbase.

The DVD's for the show apparently didn't sell very well either.

But it would still be awesome to see these gargoyles on the big screen.

But you wont see these Gargoyles on screen.

Anyway, whats the point then? Why cant they just do the show?

I have a lot of these figures still on the cards. Not that I was a huge fan of the show, but that I like gargoyles.

Back