Disney Tron Statue-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been terribly frustrating for me. I have never purchased anything from Disney, and I won't anytime soon either. I should have been wary, given the price and scale of the figure, but the quality is really sub par.

What makes this worse is that Disney is going to deal with a lot of customer complaints or returns on this one, and come to the @$$-hat conclusion: "Well, I guess people don't like Tron that much" instead of "We took a dump in a box and mailed it to people."

Arrgh...:monkey2

So far fired 2 emails of complaint over to Disney Auctions regarding the poor quality of mine and have heard absolutely nothing in response as yet.

Very frustrating. :mad:

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday. The paint on the head is good as is most of the body, but around the areas that the light shines through,wow, WOW. There are paint runs all over the base and the Tron logo itself has an over brush, the battery compartment popped out (thats one area they forgot to put enough glue), but the glue drips kill it. For those of you that don't know I'm in charge of Q.A. for the import line of Fender Guitars. I would NOT ship anything like this, especially a collectable. You would think a company like Disney would have some level of quality control. This is just bad. Granted it's not a $2,000 statue but I don't think its a $150 statue either. The sad part is, as was stated before there is not a lot of cool Tron stuff out there and this was a limited edition statue. So what to do?

I collect a few WDCC (Walt Disney Classics Collection) statues and frequent a forum that deals with WDCC and Disney merchandise. All the feedback I have heard about the disney auctions website has been bad. Everything from cancelling auctions with no explanation at all to then listing the same item with a high price.

Good luck to all solving this issue.

I received my statue today. This thread had me worried, but I think I got one of the better ones. The only sloppy paint work is on the helmet - looks like a rush job but it should be easy to clean up. There are very few glue stains (most of them down in the joints so you really have to look.

My statue does have a spot of physical damage - the side of the finger with the disc post in it has broken off:

tron.jpg

Not the end of the world for me - I had plans to replace the post anyway (needs a longer wire to center the disc) and I haven't ruled out trying to figure out a way to make the disc light up.

I also wouldn't mind cracking this thing open and adding some extra lights (the head could definitely use one).

Overall, I cannot complain. Hell, even my 1/4 Queen Alien had some paint issues, and that one cost me 4x what I paid for Tron. This one is definitely a keeper.

Back