Disney Tron Statue-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the disc is partially clear with the lighter parts being the solid part, so that is probably why it looks lit. There is just a wire that comes out of the hand that the disc slides on to.

I guess it would have been easy to use some fiver-optic wire there so that light from the body could come up to the disc.

Hey Zomb,

Can you post a pic of Tron by GG? I want to see how big it is.

Thanks!

P6230056.jpg

whoa!!! I didn't think it was that big!!! Definitely awesome buy!! :rock

Well, I got my Tron, and I don't think I will bother to unpack it. The paint job is what is bugging me for this. I opened it, and the paintwork was extremely sloppy. Maybe mine is the only victim of this, but all of the nice, clean "circuit" lines were really sloppy and uneven, not a single straight line, and even the concentric rings on the base were really messy. :monkey2
And I really love Tron, but this piece didn't live up to my expectations.

Luckily I have a friend who got all goofy when he saw the auction listing, so I think he may get mine for Christmas!

Seaward said:
Well, I got my Tron, and I don't think I will bother to unpack it. The paint job is what is bugging me for this. I opened it, and the paintwork was extremely sloppy. Maybe mine is the only victim of this, but all of the nice, clean "circuit" lines were really sloppy and uneven, not a single straight line, and even the concentric rings on the base were really messy. :monkey2
And I really love Tron, but this piece didn't live up to my expectations.

Luckily I have a friend who got all goofy when he saw the auction listing, so I think he may get mine for Christmas!

Wow, this is what it feels like when doves cry! I just got mine today too. I purchased 2 (one to try and customize w/ sounds). The first one I opened had some sloppy paint (not as bad as what you describe though), but worse were a few globs of dried yellowish glue here and there- couldn't they have used glue that dried clear? It's as if they were in a major hurry to get these out and didn't take the time they should have. The entire box smelled of glue as well. So I open the second one, and the paint is better but the right foot has a huge crack running up the boot! It's going to have to go back. I just hope they don't try and give me the runaround that it's limited edition, blah blah. They only sold 100 of the 150 on D-auctions, but the packing box said carton xxx of 300, and they come 1 per carton. So there has to be more out there.
The one good thing about it is the whole figure appears to be made of the clear blue resin, and the circuit lines are raised above the costume. If there are only problems with the paint, worst case scenario is sanding it down and repainting it to your liking, but for what they charge it should have been done right. I can see why these were about half the cost of SS premium format figs.

Sounds like the same reports as over at SF. One of the guys over there had dust and hair sealed into the paint too. Definitely not having a good feeling about getting mine now.

What's SF (I'd like to take a look at what they have to say also)? I saw a few brush hairs scattered about over both figures. In all honesty, it looks fantastic as long as you're a foot away or more. I guess I'll have to put this where nobody can get up close.

Sorry guys, the paint on this statue is just shocking. Ok if you're a few feet away or it's displayed lit up in the dark, but otherwise..yeuchh!!

A letter of complaint has already been sent to Disney.

Last edited:
i86time said:
What's SF (I'd like to take a look at what they have to say also)? I saw a few brush hairs scattered about over both figures. In all honesty, it looks fantastic as long as you're a foot away or more. I guess I'll have to put this where nobody can get up close.

SF is Statueforum.com, but robomorph has posted the pics I am referring to.

Yeah, I figured if mine looked bad too I would shoot a complaint their way. Hopefully, if they hear from enough of us something will be done.

robomorph said:
A letter of complaint has already been sent to Disney. $150 for this...??

I must say that the first thing I thought when I saw this was that it was an awefully low price for a 1/4scale light-up statue.
Im really sad to see thos pics for thos who picked this up. I almost did myself cause i think it looks incredibly cool in the Disney product pics, but one of the main reasons I didnt was the fear of the quality.
Bowen charges more than this for some statues that are half that scale. The first thing I want to say is you get what you pay for, but after lookin at those pics again Im embarrassed for Disney with that paint job at any price. :monkey4

I wouldnt be surprised if this wasnt originally a $200+ statue and the price was lowered to $150 after they got them in hand and saw the paint issues.

The thing is though that this is the normal price range for their Big Figures. The quality is normally outstanding and most of the others have even larger ES.

I've only seen a couple of the the other big figs in person before (one was the Hatbox Ghost from the Haunted Mansion) and the work on them was quite nice.
Both of my figs appeared to have been opened and tested (battery package was opened), how about everyone else? I assume this was to make sure the light feature worked. I really can't understand how Disney could have the foresight to check all the figs to make sure that worked, but let them all go out with the paint errors they have? It's weird that the eyes and face are typically the most detailed and difficult to do, yet mine are OK. It's the rest of the figure, all in the same color of paint, that has the slop. I've already emailed them, but I'm going to call them on Monday to see what they're going to do about this. I have a feeling they'll offer the old, "If you're not happy, we'll be glad to return it" but won't offer an exhange for a possibly better paint job.

i86time said:
I've only seen a couple of the the other big figs in person before (one was the Hatbox Ghost from the Haunted Mansion) and the work on them was quite nice.
Both of my figs appeared to have been opened and tested (battery package was opened), how about everyone else? I assume this was to make sure the light feature worked. I really can't understand how Disney could have the foresight to check all the figs to make sure that worked, but let them all go out with the paint errors they have? It's weird that the eyes and face are typically the most detailed and difficult to do, yet mine are OK. It's the rest of the figure, all in the same color of paint, that has the slop. I've already emailed them, but I'm going to call them on Monday to see what they're going to do about this. I have a feeling they'll offer the old, "If you're not happy, we'll be glad to return it" but won't offer an exhange for a possibly better paint job.

Sadly, I think the terms of the auction were "as is." Please let us know if Disney says anything different.

I received my final auction reminder to pay for my statue. I think I'm going to reneg and let it auto cancel.

ZombieReign said:
Sadly, I think the terms of the auction were "as is." Please let us know if Disney says anything different.

I believe I may have a problem with that. But I do need to call to either get a refund or a replacement for the broken one. Depending what they tell me for that, I may try to work some magic and see if I can try my luck at a better one.
The more I examine it, the worse it seems to get. Now that it's dark, I lit it up, and on the left leg there's a large area where light is shining though. It's tough to see in the photo (it is bright and noticeable to the eye), but it's there. There's small crack around it, I'm guessing a chunk was broken out, they repaired it with a thinner piece of resin and didn't paint it well enough.The 2nd photo shows the extent of the light bleeding through to the naked eye. Man, I wanted so bad for this figure to be perfect.

Tron-legB.jpg

Tron-legC.jpg

It is too bad some of the pictures of the less-than-stellar quality
that I'm seeing on this piece, as I've got the Disney White Witch
Big Figure, and the quality and finish on her is absolutely perfect:

whitewitchbigfig7vp.jpg

Her sculpting and finish are both top notch, and she cost less than
TRON did, although the light-up feature may ad a bit I suppose.

JS

Well I hate to bring back any bad memories, but are there any other members here who have received their figures now? If so, any that are exceptionally nice as opposed to what's been seen already. A couple folks at StatueForum have stated theirs didn't have any major paint probs or breakage, but are basically only "OK." I'm still waiting on info for an exchange for my broken one and maybe exchange for my other figure which had that poor repair. A rep. responded promptly to my email and asked for pics. I sent them two days ago but haven't heard anything. It's disappointing that I'll have to settle for an OK figure, but given the lack of any original TRON merchandise in nearly 25 years (besides various pins, NECA re-issues and Medicom RAH100's) I'm glad they put something out and I would be happy to have one that is decent enough to display. Given the poor reception this one received (and rightfully so), I doubt we'll get any more TRON merch from Disney any time soon.

Back