Disney Tron Statue-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLEASE post pics!

I think you are the first to receive it.

Due to an error on their side, I still have not even paid for mine....sigh.

It happened with 50 or so bidders I was told. delays, delays.

Please post pics! :)

ok .. here we go ..... I'll try to get some better pics of it lit up once it gets a little darker.. Freddy used for size

P6220039.jpg

P6220043.jpg

P6220045.jpg

Sadly, the base only says "limited edition of 150" - they are not individually numbered (though I'm not sure any disney item comes numbered - I have some of the pins and they just say "edition of xx")

Gruson said:
PLEASE post pics!

I think you are the first to receive it.

Due to an error on their side, I still have not even paid for mine....sigh.

It happened with 50 or so bidders I was told. delays, delays.

Please post pics! :)

I'm one of the 50 or so too. This is driving me crazy!!

Does look pretty cool though. Can't wait to be able to see it in person.

Sadly, looking at those pics, I'm not as impressed as I was when I saw disney's photo:

img2617591.jpg

P6220045.jpg

Probably due to the lighting/black background...

I smell some disappointment coming on....

It looks like the torso is the only light up element. It was nice of them to take the auction photos from a considerable distance, though, and in the dark.:rolleyes:

I don't know that I'll be too happy with this one, and I don't think I'll look to get much more Disney stuff in the future!:monkey2

From the pics here and the ones on TRON-sector by the mod a couple days ago, it appears that the light up element is a bulb in the chest area that is supposed to radiate light through the clear blue circuitry lines (can anyone comment for certain). I guess that's why it's a bit dim at the extremities. I was hoping that it might be fiber optics from a source in the base- so many possibilities for that. I'll have to take a look when I get mine and see if anything can be done to get the legs and arms brighter (bigger bulb, maybe some reflective coating on the inside). I just hope that mine arrives OK. They had some major issues shipping some of the limited 50th anniversary items this past year (many broken items due to poor interior and exterior packaging). Getting a replacement on LE150 item would be near impossible and they don't guarantee it.
I paid for mine on the 16th and it just shipped on the 20th. One thing that sucks about disneystore/oulet/auctions is they charge tax in CA, yet I have never received anything sent from CA. Stupid economic presence.

Aside from all this, figure still looks very nice. It appears they tried to do a Boxleitner sculpt rather than a generic man, but I can't tell how good it is yet. That logo on the base is gonna bug me forever, or until I change it.

here are some in the dark .. the legs do, indeed, glow a bit. Overall I'm happy with this one, and I think you all will be as well.

tronfront.jpg

tronback.jpg

tronside.jpg

Thanks!!!

That does look pretty cool.

Last edited:
Statue in darkness looks pretty good.

In the light however.......well, not too impressed unfortunately.

Doesn't appear that the disc lights up either, and that is a bummer.

Will have to see mine in person to decide. :confused:

JS

looks great. morning or night. it would have been cool for the disc to light up though. I mean in the movie it did, right?

JSAuctionService said:
Statue in darkness looks pretty good.

In the light however.......well, not too impressed unfortunately.

Doesn't appear that the disc lights up either, and that is a bummer.

Will have to see mine in person to decide. :confused:

JS

I thought the same thing, but compairing the pics to Disney's I think it's just the angle. Disney's pics are taken from an angle slightly above the statue looking down on it. These pics are straight on. I hope that's it anyway. Of course if the lighting mechanism is just a central bulb it would be near on impossible for the disc to be illuminated by it which brings the question 'why does the Disney pic look illuminated?'

Back