Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An obvious Director choice for me would be Joe Johnston. As everyone knows he did the storyboards and helped design the ships in the OT and went on to direct several films.

Will HT still have the rights to SW? They'll have to make a new deal with Disney for rights to any new films wouldn't they?

HTs has no rights to Star Wars.:slap

Sideshow is sub leasing rights to HT , which sideshow is leasing from Hasbro.

As good as Nolan is, keep him away from Star Wars.

Star Wars is one of his favorite films. But yeah he wouldn't be one of my top choices.

Sweet....so we'll get a bond movie with no action scenes or spy gadgets :lol

More like plenty of action scenes and spy gadgets. :lecture

but a lot of dialogue :lecture

That too.

Image all the blinding lens flares if Abrams directed a SW film! :yess:

Oh man that would be amazing!
emot-pcgaming.gif

I'd also love to see Steven Soderbergh, Alfonso Cuarón, David Fincher or Darren Aronofsky would be on my list :pray:

Some really odd choices there for a Star Wars movie. Can't imagine Fincher or Aronofsky have the right sensibilities for this kind of film. This thing can go 'too dark' as easily as it went 'too lame'.

I'm sure over the next year or so we'll hear just about every director in town as possibily connected with this franchise.

Can't wait to see people go bonkers when someone pairs Nolan with Star Wars.

Most likely situation: someone from the Pixar stable will direct this.

This :goodpost:

I'd also love to see Steven Soderbergh, Alfonso Cuarón, David Fincher or Darren Aronofsky would be on my list :pray:

I would also be good with either Sam Raimi or Gore Verbinski...

:rotfl

Solo: "What's in the box?"

Luke: "Don't come over here"

Solo: "What the f--- is in the box?"

Despite what some have said, I don't think that things can go any more wrong than they already have (IMO). Basically meaning those crappy episodes 1-3 and clone wars (maybe the latter isn't that bad, but I just don't give a flying f about it). It is kind of liberating feeling, when you don't expect anything about the whole SW-franchise. I have no fear whatsoever about this forthcoming 7th movie, or the whole SW stuff. If it is good, then jay.

I actually liked things related to SW quite alot, but for some reason it isn't that interesting anymore. Perhaps it got something to do with those crappy movies and games. I sure haven't become too grown up or anything. Then again, I can still watch those original movies and enjoy those, for they are still good. I have dvd-versions of those original ones, but I don't think we can expect to see BD or any HD versions of those any time soon.

I think in the future I'll feel the same about SW as I do about Bond. Some Bond films suck. Some are great. I always look forward to them, sometimes it doesn't work out.

But Bond has a central character. SW needs to give us some of the original characters to bridge us back into #7.

Instead of EP VII they need to take a leaf out of Sonys book and reboot the whole series from the beginning. Make the Disney Star Wars separate.

Instead of EP VII they need to take a leaf out of Sonys book and reboot the whole series from the beginning. Make the Disney Star Wars separate.

Reboot is the wrong choice of word. They need to do something from a different timeline that incorporates everything people love about the SW films, but leaves Lucas' run completely intact.

Best case scenario is a series that follows up on the original films in some new, creative way but completely disregards the prequels. Won't happen, but it would be nice.

Best case scenario is a series that follows up on the original films in some new, creative way but completely disregards the prequels. Won't happen, but it would be nice.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

If only.

Having said that, Lucas did make some good casting choices like Ewan McGregor. Others like Natalie Portman and Sam Jackson should have been good, one would have thought, but Lucas didn't care to get the best out of them. But if Ewan appeared as a Kenobi force-ghost that would feel cool....except for the fact that by extension you're acknowledging the shoddier films of the series.

Yeah, McGregor was damn good, despite the awful dialogue he had to deliver. Liam Neeson was also trying pretty hard I thought. Portman, Jackson and others just felt like they were anxiously waiting for the check.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by newmennium View Post
Zimmer isn't good enough to wipe John Williams' ass."

Fixed and :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

That was uncalled for.
Hans Zimmer is a great composer, and while John Williams IS the Star Wars composer, there is no need for gratuitous insults toward Zimmer.
You must get off on totally unnecessary negativity.

Yeah, McGregor was damn good, despite the awful dialogue he had to deliver. Liam Neeson was also trying pretty hard I thought. Portman, Jackson and others just felt like they were anxiously waiting for the check.

If you had that script wouldn't you.

I'm a casual Star Wars fan. Has there been any rumours of Disney re-making all the movies?? I think that is something only Disney could get away with and deliver in an awesome way.

I have been waiting for all 9 films since I first heard about them in late 70's. I was very disappointed that Lucas claimed there would only be 6 films. I think we can thank Lucas divorce for THAT.
With Disney, I look forward to the other 3 films, and more films from the EU. It seems like this could be really great. Better to make new EU films than to remake the old ones.

Back