Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why people think of Mickey and child S__t when Thinking of disney making a movie,

Disney made Tron Legacy, was not child oriented,
Jhon Carter (even thought no one saw it) Not child oriented.

plus the movies that Disney had to do with like:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The Sorcerer's Apprentice
National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Disney doesn't only do crappy cartoons you know...
:slap

The Pirates of the Caribbean movies HAVE to count for something.... yes a lot of kids like them but they are not children's movies, you have pirates sword fighting and drinking, seriously why all the negativity for Disney, they know now to make a good family movie, (that means Everyone in the family can enjoy)
that is pretty much what the Original star wars movies were, movies that everyone could enjoy together.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Very good point. They also make crappy movies.

Mickey mouse buys Star Wars for $4.05B!! Thats good news because the last 3 films sucked ass!!

I think this merger is a good fit. Disney and lucasfilm already partnered up to have a successful theme park ride and merchandise for over twenty years.

And wasn't Pixar origanally a division of Lucasfilm, then sold to apple who then partnered up with Disney?

In a way I think this transaction was always in the cards. I hope it breathes new life into the franchise and as long as the new films don't fall flat like John Carter, it should be interesting.

I don't think George will be too far from the world he created. He's staying on as a creative consultant. I think the only difference in his roll will be someone can actually say no when he brings ideas like Jar Jar to the table. ;)

My vote is for Brad Bird to direct!

I don't think this could ever happen, SW fans are pretty passionate and all the prequels did well, people went to see them even though they sucked,
people will go to see this. Specially if they make a really good trailer and they cast good actors, people will eat this up.

And wasn't Pixar origanally a division of Lucasfilm, then sold to apple who then partnered up with Disney?

Yes. It was The Graphics Group at Lucasfilm before Steve Jobs bought it for $5 million. John Lasseter originally worked for George Lucas.

Ron Howard would be a great choice to direct. He's a lifelong friend of Lucas and much a better director. He's done a little of everything including action and scifi. He could keep the tone consistant with what's been established. He's young enough to commit to three films if he were interested.

Last edited:
I don't think this could ever happen, SW fans are pretty passionate and all the prequels did well, people went to see them even though they sucked,
people will go to see this. Specially if they make a really good trailer and they cast good actors, people will eat this up.

Agreed! I remember how TPM trailer knocked my socks off... Then I bought a jar jar doll for my nephew.:lol

Ron Howard would be a great choice to direct. He's a lifelong friend of Lucas and much a better director. He's done a little of everything including action and scifi. He could keep the tone consistant with what's been established. He's young enough to commit to three films if he were interested.

Yessss... Ron Howard I forgot about him. Willow was a great film and had that "early Lucasfilm" feel to it.

Last edited:
Agreed! I remember how TPM trailer knocked my socks off... Then I bought a jar jar doll for my nephew.:lol

Yessss... Ron Howard I forgot about him. Willow was a great film and had that "early Lucasfilm" feel to it.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Its About Time You let Someone Else Play With Your Toys George!

You just knew it would happen, Lucas' love for Star Wars has only been bettered by his love for money. Harsh? may be but when you change your tune as often as George does what other reason rules this already very very rich man.

I doubt though money will be enough to get Harrison Ford back though, but if Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher return (i can't honestly see them turning down the $$$$) then thats good enough for me. In a way its quite exciting, a bit like when i was 7 years old waiting for Empire to be released, whats going to happen to Luke or has Leia followed in the family trade and become a Jedi Knight?

What i'd really love to see is Gary Kurtz being brought on board as a joint creative consultant, so many of his ideas and spiritual essence was missing in the PT. After all Disney have paid the big money they should have who they want working on it, Lucas has provided the outline of the films but in all honesty the average SW fan could've done that too.

So i say welcome back Luke, Leia, Chewie, Boba Fett, R2, the spirit of Obi-Wan and create a new fantastic villain to do battle with our heroes.

As good as Nolan is, keep him away from Star Wars.

I don't think you need worry, Nolan will be tied up with Bond 24 for most of 2013/14 so that would leave him little time to make an epic such as a Star Wars movie by 2015.

Willow....

...forgot about that...

...suddenly I'm not so interested in Ron Howard.

Sorry i should clarify... I thought the story, visuals and sets of Willow were great for the time. The acting wasn't it's strong point.

Two words for next director(s):

The Wachowskis

I never mention this because there would be backlash but Imagine a Star wars movie with Matrix like effects.....:horror :medic
I would like that, their style with a good script and the Jedi....:eek:

Does this mean that with Disney buying the rights to make more movies that the original 6 movies will be available on iTunes in the not too distant future? :dunno

Wonder if this will mean no more "Changes" to further releases of the Original Trilogy?

Back