Disney says NO to more Narnia :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to remember that these are adaptions from a christian authur so they arn't going to be all gory and bloody. :(

And... isnt the Bible full of gore, and death? Jesus on the cross...?

I agree, the battles needed blood. Not 300 style, heck, not even gushes...but enough to show that the battle is deadly.

Damn! I just watched Prince Caspian last night and was thinking that I can't wait for the next one.

And... isnt the Bible full of gore, and death? Jesus on the cross...?

I agree, the battles needed blood. Not 300 style, heck, not even gushes...but enough to show that the battle is deadly.

These are geard toward family viewing and the books were very child friendly as well (have you ever read one-C.S. Lewis thats the authur) The thing I liked about the movies was that my kids could watch them an NOT have nightmares. Try reading one of his books then make an informed comment. just because he was a christian authur doesn't mean he wrote bloody,gory seens like the bible, come on thats lame reasoning.

Last edited:
Yeah, the second one made like half as much as the first one. They really screwed it over by releasing it during the summer blockbuster season. Especially since Star Trek and Harry Potter got delayed out of the Christmas season they would have made much more if they released it in November-December.

I agree. That was a major factor IMO with the poor box office numbers for Caspian.

Also the fact that Iron Man was released just before Caspian also killed it. :rip

This makes no sense as well as it needed 'blood'.

But the budget was around 200 million. Its Worldwide Gross was 419 million, and thats a failure? Then you get DVD sales. Crazy.

So you hated the film because there was no Blood. But you love Indy and the stupid waterfall and Indy surviving an ATOMIC BOMB by hiding in a refrigarator. Have you ever seen the ESPN segment...

Come On Man!!!!

Need to remember that these are adaptions from a christian authur so they arn't going to be all gory and bloody. Im disapointed because It's not a lot of films I can take my kids to that I don't mind sitting thru my self. More and more films that aren't cartoons just aren't suitable for children- so im sad to see these go. :(

I'm not expecting 300 violence, but more like Lord of the Rings violence. Those weren't overly gory, but when somebody got stabbed by a sword, there was blood on it. I could stand that part in Prince Caspin when the king got stabbed and there was zero blood on the sword that stabbed him. That just isn't realistic (even for a Narnia world). The lack of any real violence made the "major' battles boring. You never felt they meant anything because nobody looked like they were dying.

The stories were fine though. I just feel they wanted something on the scale of Lord of the Rings but the toned down violence ruined it for them.

So you hated the film because there was no Blood. But you love Indy and the stupid waterfall and Indy surviving an ATOMIC BOMB by hiding in a refrigarator. Have you ever seen the ESPN segment...

Come On Man!!!!

You're right. And now, I hate the other Indy films and their stupid 5 year old nonsense! RAFTS!!!??? FLYING RAFTS!?? How did they survive that!?? Stupid! Last Crusade! Grail's that make you live forever!?? Nonsense. Scary God Arks? Who wrote this crap!?

The second movie felt kind of sloppy in comparison to the first one, I still enjoyed it, but (at least on the first viewing) it didn't click for me. I've read the series and I think Caspian could have been better. Still, I would have liked to see what else would come from the series... and maybe someone else will keep the series alive.

You're right. And now, I hate the other Indy films and their stupid 5 year old nonsense! RAFTS!!!??? FLYING RAFTS!?? How did they survive that!?? Stupid! Last Crusade! Grail's that make you live forever!?? Nonsense. Scary God Arks? Who wrote this crap!?

I believe in the powers of the ark and the grail more then surviving an a-bomb by hiding in a refrig, and I like the other Indy films.

But hopefully someone picks up Narnia.

Ditto. I thought Prince Caspian was excellent, very action packed over before I knew it. without the original movie house, I don't see the third being made, or if it is, being as good though.

Well, Walden is the original movie house, so they're still in place - it's them that have the option on the material, Disney just distributes. And I have a lot more respect for the executives at Walden than Disney. They actually care about characters and story rather than marketing. Although I'm not a fan of all their stuff - Bridge to Terabithia bored me to tears.

For those of you who want something to watch with your kids that you may have missed in the theatres - The Waterhorse (another Walden pic) is great. It's exciting without excessive violence.

my kids liked water horse they thought it was cool. But they loved the Narnia series more, so I really hope it continues. If not we still have the books, and they really are better than the movies anyway. But try telling that to a kid, they don't appreciate them. however it goes at least we got 2 movies out of it. :rolleyes:

I've always loved the books but I do admit to there being something..."pedestrian" about the first two movies. Imagine if someone like Peter Jackson, the Pan's Labyrinth/Hellboy director (I hate typing his name :lol) or Gore Verbinski had a passion for these stories and took the reigns. I'd love it if a more visionary director did the rest. Voyage of the Dawn Treader was one of my favorites in the series so I hope its done well.

The firsrt movie wasn't good because it didn't make you care about Narnia, or Aslan and I never could see why the kids felt motivated to help. I all fell kind of flat emotionally. but the second movie did a much better job in the department.

Dawn Treader is an excellent book, it could make for a really great film. :cool:

Its official...

We will be getting a 3rd Narnia Film afterall!!!

I know some do not care about this series but I find it enjoyable. Fox will co-finance the project and it should be in theaters Christmas 2010. I do like Narnia being a Christmas film rather than a Summer one... But Im a tad worried about having Fox overlook the series. They seem to have a great reputation for messing up things.

I suppose I should just be thankful for getting a 3rd film and should worry about the others later.

Story: Fox takes over Narnia

Back