Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DISNEY / FOX Deal Close! Thread Still Open! Please Come In!

Smae. I'm on both sides. If one happens I wouldn't care all to much. As long as we get the xmen in the MCU

While I like Jackman as Wolverine and would love to see him join the MCU; I say start fresh and reboot everything FF & X-Men.

i think they will recast- simply because they don't want a connection to the Fox stuff and want their own take

Money isn't everything. If it were - Michael Bay's notoriety would be unparalleled.

But success and money is helping RDJ, IM and the MCU.

Americans love to knockdown a popular person but at the same time they also love a great comeback story and RDJ is a prime example of that.

RDJ went from being uninsurable in Hollywood to an $85 million dollar multi picture contract.

His personal life and Stark are inseparable where Wolverine is just a role for Jackman.

RDJ public redemption and success is more critical for IM’s success than even his comic book origins.

Jackman has none of that connection to the Wolverine it’s just a role for him no personal persona.

When Jackman is not playing Logan he’s just Jackman.

When RDJ is not playing Stark he’s still Stark they’re feeding off each other and that’s helping give the core of the MCU an identity that the general audience can latch onto.

Last edited:

Now xmen are what will bring mein the MCU, I don't care about the avengers. Hail x men

Now xmen are what will bring mein the MCU, I don't care about the avengers. Hail x men

DOFP demolishes AOU & CW and is still IMO a hair better than The Avengers (2012).

I understand people hating on Singer for his personal behavior but to **** talk the brilliance of DOFP is just dumb. When Singer has the money to back him he delivers in spades (DOFP). When they get cheap on him, different story (XMA).

First Class is on a par with The Winter Soldier.
X1 is on a par with Iron Man and The First Avenger.
Don't care for the rest of X-Meh movies.

First Class is on a par with The Winter Soldier.
X1 is on a par with Iron Man and The First Avenger.
Don't care for the rest of X-Meh movies.

So you like FC & X1 but not DOFP & Logan?

#Weird

DOFP demolishes AOU & CW and is still IMO a hair better than The Avengers (2012).

I understand people hating on Singer for his personal behavior but to **** talk the brilliance of DOFP is just dumb. When Singer has the money to back him he delivers in spades (DOFP). When they get cheap on him, different story (XMA).

Yea well singer is done. He touches little boys. It's weird. Now we get to see the xmen react with characters in the marvel universe like they were supposed to. And if we really want to go there those sentinels look like complete and utter ass.
Bring em home baby!

There was certainly some terrible CGI in Apocalypse but if that were the only problem I'd give it a pass. Alas the pacing is pretty sluggish as I recall and Magneto's role was repetitious at best and downright ruined the entire character at worst. It destroyed the plausibility of him having any continued friendship with Xavier...and yet there they were chatting away in their usual manner at the end. I couldn't buy that at all after what Magneto did - and I'm pretty sure the film states that he wasn't under any mind control. So it seems to me the only thing that the studio not going cheap on Singer could have improved was the bad CGI.

I agree about DOFP - very tense and dramatic movie, funny where it needed to be. First Class is also great. Logan is great.

I still think you underrate Civil War though - I don't think anyone needed to die for that to be impactful and I maintain it was entirely in character for MCU Steve Rogers to send Stark that letter at the end, to make some attempt at mending their relationship. Rhodey getting a quick fix for his paralysis was a bit lame I'd grant - they could have at least waited till another film for that. I just think to expect these friends and team-mates to murder eachother over the Sokovia accords is a bit silly - they weren't that divisive - which leaves only the Bucky killing Stark's parents situation - so either Stark succeeds in killing Bucky (thereby ruling him out as taking over as Captain America at any point) and/or they kill Cap or Iron Man before Infinity War? Nah.

I think and hope those 2 Avengers films will explain and vindicate why they didn't kill anyone major in Civil War.

Last edited:

I love how superhero action is completely ignored in this comparison as if that’s not even a necessary element in these movies.

Action who needs action i’m here to watch them talk me to boredom.

So yeah once that little component is added back into the evauation the MCU crushes, pulverizes then obliterates ALL of the XM movies including Logan.

Nolan trilogy the same thing it gets crushed by the MCU in the action department, Nolan knows how to create thrilling action as much as the Chinese know how to love their first born females.

X2/DOFP action is poop on the shoes of the TWS/CW.

Logan has the best action in the XM franchise until those dumb kids showed up then we were treated to death by grass..sigh sad to see such an excellent unique movie derailed at the end like that.

Last edited:

Yeah that was definately a tad too much if I wanted that much talking I would’ve just watched my wife hang out with her friends. :lol

Yeah that was definately a tad too much if I wanted that much talking I would’ve just watched my wife hang out with her friends. :lol

And then shoot, stab and gouge each other at the end? :yess:

Back