Disgusted with humanity in general

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mesa, if you had half a brain.... you would have READ my followup with Gruesam and realized that my statement was a joke. A really bad one at that. I don't think they are the same thing at all. Seriously.... I think you just read what you want to read, and see what you want to see.

But whatever, I don't want to get into a pissing match with you over it. :lol

I also want to reiterate that I am not on EITHER side of the abortion issue. In fact I am clearly right dead in the middle. I think both sides have valid points, but both also can be wrong. I don't condone it, wouldn't do it myself, etc... just want to say that AGAIN before I am painted some baby killing liberal. ;)

Religion has it's plus sides and negative sides, but I choose to not practice any set doctrine. The Bible to me is a great guide book with a lot of good stories in it, but not something for me to base my life around. My Wife and I believe there is something up there, be it God or whatever... But we will not buy into any faith, and our future children will not either. At least while they grow up. I have strong morals, but they are my own... and of my own choosing. I don't feel like organized religion is really necessary for me and my family, we do just fine without it.

Anzik wrote a great post earlier, but I feel that it does paint a picture that I don't really agree with. The fact that humanity needs God or we will be brutal and evil, it's crazy to me. I hate that mankind needs an invisible father figure to tell us what is wrong and what is right. We have that moral compass within us all, without intervention from this or that deity. And as he said, blood has been spilled by non believers as well... of course. I agree as well. But I just feel like imposing religious beliefs on a nation is the wrong way to go about things. Why can't people just be kind to their brothers because they WANT to? Because they know it's right? Not because it will forbid them entry into heaven if they don't.

I do what I do in this world not to cement my afterlife, but rather to make a positive impact with my actions. Whether that impact is small or large, it doesn't come from pressure to be remembered or to make it into heaven... I do it because I know it's right.

People don't need prayer to remind them to do this, they just need to remind themselves to do it. It's OUR responsibility to take control of our lives and be good people.

All I have to say is "DAYUM" from looking at your avatar you must have been using some good juice because you're looking mean and ripped from just weeks ago! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

All I have to say is "DAYUM" from looking at your avatar you must have been using some good juice because you're looking mean and ripped from just weeks ago! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

He will soon be posting pictures of himself holding Iron Man while wearing a pink tank top. :lecture

Josh what types of eggs were you referring too? Brown shelled, white shelled, jumbo, extra large, a dozen, or 2 dozen? :monkey3:lol

He will soon be posting pictures of himself holding Iron Man while wearing a pink tank top. :lecture

Josh what types of eggs were you referring too? Brown shelled, white shelled, jumbo, extra large, a dozen, or 2 dozen? :monkey3:lol

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

1231787180X05sdR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back