Disapointments and Surprises from this years Con

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Good for the attendees, but that sux for the ones behind the PC. Hope there's enough exclusive versions for us faithful fans sitting at home.

I think SS will adjust the edition sizes to compensate...at least I hope so!

I agree. They did it with Doom and they'll do it again.

Hopefully we can get a clear edition size on both Hulk PF pieces very soon since most orders will be in.

Bonehead15 said:
I'm a bit disapointed that SS allowed attendees to place orders for Priority Preorder products. :tap New items is one thing but Priority Preorder items are different.

I thought SS's policy was that newsletter subscribers got first dibs on Priority Preorder products. Am I wrong? :confused: :confused:

Here's a direct quote from SS's website:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=prioritypreorder

The whole purpose of Priority Preorder is that newsletter subscribers DO get first dibs. By putting the PPO items on sale at the Con they are actually selling the items to the public which goes against their entire PPO system. You can't tell me that everyone who placed an order at the Con was a newsletter subscriber.

This is going to make getting the Exclusives 10 times harder since half are probably all ready gone. :(

Not trying to belittle your frustration and I know it is a technicality, but SS would probably argue that Con attendees are really the General Public.

Did ask Chris about this in chat this morning when it got brought. First I had really heard about it, too. He said the ES would be set as always when the PPO for these items go live, but that all sales at the con would be considered and the ES set accordingly.

If anything I would think it might slightly increase the ES. Of course, I do hope there is a system to prevent double dipping. Preorder at the show and then again during PPO :confused:

Alice Adrenochrome said:
My disapointments: eventhough I think the 12" Boushh Leia rocks hard, I was looking forward to a Hoth Leia. Sculpting a Galaxy is way to expencive: $395 for a book is simply decadent, even if there are some extra's included.

You do realize that's the Deluxe Edition right? If you buy just the book, it's $50...just like "Dressing a Galaxy" is. Barnes and Noble carries them in their stores.

As for my surprises and disappointments:

SURPRISES:
Confirmation of Jabba the Hutt (I'd heard enough whispers and rumors beforehand to almost guarantee it existed)
Bib Fortuna (though I'm not getting it)
Just how little the difference is between Vader and Anakin...glad I cancelled
Freddy vs. Jason "Scream Scene"...nice concept...would love to see Myers or Pinhead

DISAPPOINTMENTS:
NO 1/6 SCALE SIDIOUS/PALPATINE!!!!!
Price of Jabba's Throne
Robocop 3 figure...shameless double-dipping from Hot Toys
Poor execution of Ripley and Hudson

Last edited:
I'm happy with it. It's something I can afford at the moment. :clap
Thanks Sideshow for looking after the financially challenged. :chew

creecher said:
I'm happy with it. It's something I can afford at the moment. :clap
Thanks Sideshow for looking after the financially challenged. :chew

I don't know creech, with all of these other preorders I don't think I'll be able to afford the t-shirt :lol

I guess there is always a bright side... but really for a "disavowed" line, a t-shirts seems pretty brazen :lol

oxbeard said:
If anything I would think it might slightly increase the ES. Of course, I do hope there is a system to prevent double dipping. Preorder at the show and then again during PPO :confused:

I was told that the show orders would begin to appear in our online account within a few days. So it would be a duplicate order just as if you had ordered twice online, and dealt with accordingly.

galactiboy said:
I guess there is always a bright side... but really for a "disavowed" line, a t-shirts seems pretty brazen :lol
While I will pre order the t-shirt and be happy to have it
I must admit to being disappointed that the Dead pre orders
are not new figures. I don't want to wait another year.
:monkey2
I did get a look at the sign they have for the T-shirt at comic con
and the front is mostly white with bloody hand print off to the right
side lower.
Plus in the picture there is a sign beside it for Monster House.

Back