Disapointments and Surprises from this years Con

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lets start with the good things...
Lifesize R2 & 3PO: Amazing...
Hunter Killer: 60 INCHES!!!!
Lifesize Yoda: Beautiful
CM Capt. Sparrow: Possibly the best likeness of ANY statue I've EVER seen.

Disapointments:
Modern Horror: I really dislike the FvJ statue. I was hoping for a classic PF Jason or Michael Myers...
Alien: I would have bet a few bucks that SS was going to release a 1:4 Alien Maquette to go along with their Predator

Definitely the highlights are CM Sparrow and Indy!!!!!!!!!!!

Really surprised by the Yoda bust, he will be mine!!!!!!!!!!

HK caught me offguard as well and I'm lovin' it.

The only dislike or downside, too many highlights so little money :D

I am mostly definitely disapointed by the Moder Horror entry...I was really hoping for a new PF or at least a new 12" Jason....

Also pretty sad no Origins Kurgan was announced, not that I really expected that one...

And I am very happy with the entire SS SW 12" additions...I think they are all awesome, and am totally stunned with the whole Jabba enviroment!!

I also cant wait to see the Dead sale is all about..

All in all I'am happy with SDCC this year..Glad that there weren't 20 MUST HAVSs, because I don't have the money for that...

No Sarah Conner, but they did offer lots of Terminator stuff.

How about some 1/6th Universal Monsters????? Where is Ygor? They gave us Bela from Wolfman who had hardly any screen time, but no Ygor who had lots in Son and Ghost of Frankenstein??

Surprises:
Jabba and his throne room display, no doubt. Given how I assumed that Sideshow would be sticking to more humanoid characters with their new licenses, Jabba comes along and blows doors down! He is spectacular to see, and once again, this line is nostalgic for me in that I always used to think that my Kenner toys looked this cool when I was a kid. Now they are that cool!

Disappointments:
-Only to my wallet! with all of this cool stuff, some things may not make the cut, and that is kinda the grey cloud part of all this silver lining.
-Where is the 1/6 and PF LOTR love?

Sideshowpdx, you wouldn't happen to be Bruce Wayne, would you? :lol

sideshowpdx said:
Lets start with the good things...
Hunter Killer: 60 INCHES!!!!
Lifesize Yoda: Beautiful
CM Capt. Sparrow: Possibly the best likeness of ANY statue I've EVER seen.

Disapointments:
Modern Horror: I really dislike the FvJ statue. I was hoping for a classic PF Jason or Michael Myers...
Alien: I would have bet a few bucks that SS was going to release a 1:4 Alien Maquette to go along with their Predator

My thoughts exactly. There was also way too many 12" announcements from Sideshow.

I was hoping for more 1/4 PF movie surprises but oh well. They did recently give us Fett and Leatherface so I can't complain. I wish I had room for that 60" HK too. :)

CM was THE highlight for me. I am still amazed by Indy and Jack and cannot wait to own both.

I think Jabba really was the big surprise, people sorta guessed at it, but I don't think anyone expected him, and Bib and Leia AND the throne set. I won't be getting it but to me I think it sorta shows that you shouldn't assume sideshow won't be doing something.

It's slight, but I guess my only real dissapointment was the lack of a kilted Lazenby. I'm happy with the Moore, but both would have been better...No wonder my dad calls me an ingrate...

oxbeard said:
Definitely the highlights are CM Sparrow and Indy!!!!!!!!!!!

Really surprised by the Yoda bust, he will be mine!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts too!!!

Indy will be mine, ML bust will be mine, Yoda undecided.

Disappointed with CM Aragorn. It seems like a monumental failure in comparison to Sparrow and Indy.

Got the official word from Brant in the Con chat. No plans for a 12 inch Ygor, at this point. :monkey2

At least I can stop biting my nails. So a big thanks for allowing us this info.

Surprises: CM Indy and Sparrow. All the Star Wars stuff.
Disappointments: No LOTR 12" or PF, no New Line Horror PF.

I was hoping for a Planet of the Apes Inclusive but am not surprised not to see one :monkey2

Dr_Zaius said:
I was hoping for a Planet of the Apes Inclusive but am not surprised not to see one :monkey2

Not surprised, but disappointed nonetheless. Thank god we got another Roger Moore Bond. And with interchangeable hands to boot!!

Ironman1188 said:
Not surprised, but disappointed nonetheless. Thank god we got another Roger Moore Bond. And with interchangeable hands to boot!!

But seeing the 007 line pick back up gives me hope maybe next year we may see the Apes return. With the exception of the PF figures, I think the Bond line has been null for the last year; I think.

Surprises - Jabba & Star Wars, and Giles

Disappointments - HT Robocop. No Origins Kurgan (no surprise there so not particularly disappointed).

Surprises--- GG Slave Leia :monkey5 'nuff said. :lol also, SS magneto is amazin, Bib Fortuna, Animated jack sparrow,SS Spike PF

Dissapointment --- SS Hulk, no new SW PF, Freddy vs. Jason PF,

Well, at this point the virtual Comic Con experience is wonderfull: lots and lots of fantastic new stuff, and some very dedicated people keeping the non-attendees bussy and involved: the SSC websters Dusty, Brant and fellow boardsman Tom. If I'm missing someone here, sorry unintended!
Thank you guys!!!

My disapointments: eventhough I think the 12" Boushh Leia rocks hard, I was looking forward to a Hoth Leia. Sculpting a Galaxy is way to expencive: $395 for a book is simply decadent, even if there are some extra's included.

Surpises -

Jabba & Co., Roger Moore, Lorne & Giles, The DEAD shirt. Having an actual conversation with fellow freaks on the Chat (Hi Darth Rage & Charlie...). How awesome the Sideshow Booth is.

The absolutely awesome Jason 'Drop' on one of the Booth's stands - amazing!!!!!!!

Disappointments -

As much as I hate to say it the Scream Scene really isn't doing it for me as much as I would have liked. Also the fact that I've had to cancel a lot of stuff to be able to pay for my 'must haves'. Ah well, they're still getting my cash - just for different items.

Back