DiD's new Headsculpt approach.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making us spend money on new versions of figures we're currently pretty happy with, no doubt.... :banghead

:lol
No kidding...

Wow, looks like i will be buying DID again..what an improvement over their older releases.

Well, I don't collect military figures, so maybe for generic background characters or customs...

I think were reaching the pinnacle of what is possible without actually using real skin :horror

Didn't Enterbay show some sort of "skin" like material for a new Bruce Lee figure?

I also remember a customizer casting heads with a translucent/textured finish that looked realistically creepy but awesome at the same time... reminds me of this a bit...

DiD has quietly been my favorite figure company. By that I always pimped HT but I have DiD figures in my collection and their detailed accessories made of the materials the real things would be made of blows my mind. My love for the company hasn't been as well documented as my love for HT, but it's definitely there. I love their samurais. But yes, when their prices begin to go through the roof, my fandom will go down. I loved paying 65 USD for a great top notch figure.

Are both the pics of the same head? there's something of Montgomery's jaw line in the second pic.

Nope, 2 different HS.

This one looks like an old Brad Pitt:

80056d-3.jpg

And the other one:

80057d-7.jpg

How is SSC not doing anything like this (hopefully yet)?? Can you imagine KOTCS Indy with that level of detail?

That KOTCS sculpt produced with this level of quality would be breathtaking. It's so disappointing to watch the rest of the industry progress and Sideshow stand still. Trevor's sculpts deserve this kind of love.

Love the improvements DiD is making. I usually only buy some loose parts here and there, but if they start making some stuff that I'm interested in I'll definitely pick some of the complete figures up.

They are focusing only on military figures, right? I think they can compete with Hot Toys in terms of making action figures out of Movie Licenses which Hot Toys cannot get (Lord of the Rings? DC?)!!! :)

Back