DID Roger Moore 1:6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Mr M007E this afternoon.
The pistol kind of fell apart as soon as I touched it, but it was easy enough to put back together.
The sculpt is stunningly Rogerish - a really good piece of work.
Figure feels solid enough and has a somewhat padded outfit.
Anyway. Enuf chitchat
8CDE8F2C-72EF-4B4E-A7EA-3FD760E89FAF.jpg3C6C6873-995F-43A4-8FAA-178C236BB54C.jpgF7A9D015-2E33-4C03-A8F2-C66362222042.jpgE70F0653-911C-4A21-BA00-195FBB2D56F6.jpg9C97D148-829E-4537-BBBF-F473E7466486.jpg7F93FAB2-BA3B-4012-89BA-C3FB3CA6A053.jpg

Great pics DVD1! The sculpt looks so good I don't regret buying it at all now, hopefully have mine in a few days. Will you be keeping it stock or upgrading the body/outfit?

KG Hobby just posted this nice unboxing video.

I’ll wait for the BCS set to arrive ( this month- if on schedule ).
I like the LaLD look for now, and the body isn’t bad.

Here’s another L007
25DCD411-E93E-4F99-82A8-B285E88BA6EE.jpg
FCA07CC8-82F4-4231-A608-B901BD572B5B.jpg

The figure does look good and the sculpt in particular, really came out well.

Does the stand have that ugly DiD sticker on it and if so, can it be peeled off cleanly?

No, I think that uses the original Moore prototype which was widely criticised. Not sure why they have used them on that guard.

Not sure whether to try and find a tux for this figure or just pick up the Big Chief outfit and accessories when they are parted out somewhere like toy anxiety.

They probably have quite a lot of those first Moore heads...they just want to recoup the investment in that failed first attempt by using them in another figure.

The New Moore HS looks fantastic...finally one that make justice to Sir. Moore likeness!!...cant wait to get this...if only I want the HS for my TSWLM Naval battledress Bond.

Got mine this morning. Very happy indeed! The headsculpt is every bit as good as it looked in the promotional shots. As good as the best Hot Toys figures I own, really spot on likeness and great paint application. Still a little shocked how good it is.

Other things I like:
- The revolver, though not screen accurate to LALD, feels very nice. Not sure if its metal but it has a good weight to it. The other gun is definitely just the usual light
weight plastic.
- Leather holster is pretty nice and turtle neck sits well on him.
- Packaging really puts Hot Toys to shame. The foam inserts have a premium feel over the cheap plastic clam shells other companies use. Love the way the cover
unfolds to make a back ground for him...albeit a little plain. Strong cardboard not the flimsy narrow backdrops Hot Toys include.

Things I don't like:
- Trousers aren't great at all, hard to get them to sit right.
- Body feels pretty cheap, hard to get it into natural poses although that's is partly down to me I suspect.
- Hands not good at all. Only seems to come with four unless I'm missing any. Has hands to grip the guns but no trigger finger which seems odd. The relaxed hands
are just badly scaled, too big.
- Collar on the white shirt he comes with looks way too big.
- Base does the job but that DID sticker is very tacky. He stands well on his own and a stand is easy to find so not a major issue.

A few pics. I suck at posing figures sorry.

moore1.jpg
moore3.jpg
moore4.jpg
moore5.jpg

Hi sj2106, glad you like your new addition. I have been waiting for someone in the UK to recieve their Bond figure from KGHobby, can you tell me if your Bond figure went through customs without snagging any more cost as £180 is already a lot for a figure which I'm only interested in the HS. Did KGHobby make any effort to help in this area as some other sellers do from Asia.

For me the sculpt is worth the price of the figure alone even if I end up replacing everything else. Very surprised a company like this can produce a sculpt so good especially when other parts of the figure feel so cheap. Blitzway's Ghostbusters for example, I love but this sculpt blows them away for accuracy and capturing both the essence of both the actor and character they are portraying.

Gonna have to find some better hands for him first, the stock ones I just can't get on with. The skin tone doesn't match the head, no trigger finger on the gun holding hands and the relaxed ones oversized.

Edit: Just realised he does have trigger finger, just have to pull it away from his palm and wrap it around the trigger. my bad. :lol

Steel & Flesh: No import tax incurred, in fact I've never had to pay customs charges on anything I've received from KG Hobby. In the order comments when checking out I ask them to reduce the value and mark it as a gift which they would probably do anyway.

Head looks amazing. Those in hand pics, look better than BCS' promo shots. Hopefully getting my 2 next week. Whoever makes the "Spy" battledress outfit available, will rake it in. For a more accurate revolver, i think the T-800 Shootout figure has the correct one.

spy_battledress.jpg

Thanks sj2106, I will put my order in soon and hope for the best. The Moore sculpt is very impressive, I believe it was mentioned earlier in the tread that it is a Rocco sculpt and that does not suprise me as what I have seen of Rocco's work he is one of the best and I wished most manufactures hired Rocco for their sculpts.

I have the Blitzway Ghostbusters too, but I only admired the figs from their respective windows as I left them sealed until I'm ready to display them, I was worried by all the talk about the common issues with the figures, mine look ok but I have not tested them electronically yet. What I like best about the Ghostbusters figs was the price I got them, £650 for the special pack. Let us know how you get on with Moore's hands, what is his suit like in term of quality?

Seriously I could be looking at the actual Roger Moore, The sculpt and paint apps are astounding. Even the really close up pic from sj2106 it looks amazing. A lot of the things you don't like, seem like pretty easy fixes so that's ok.

Back