DID Roger Moore 1:6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hopes were really dashed on that lost project. The SWLM double-breasted tux is so iconic for Moore and would have really differentiated him on the shelf amongst his tuxedoed brethren.

Was it really just not enough people interested? Wow... I thought these projects only needed like 10-15 to get started. Couldn't muster even that many. Maybe now that there's a great sculpt out there, maybe more people can visualize a finished figure?

Why doesn't Chili do a run, Ray? I bet he'd love that. :lol

I think part of the problem was 1) that by that point, we already knew Big Chief had the license (I think, I'm hazy on the timeline), which of course would impact Bond purchases, and 2) that we didn't have a good headsculpt. The one we had was good, but was squished in production and looked far too thin. The Dalton HS had the same problem, but was remade, but IIRC the Moore never was. Why spend the $ on a Yunsil without an outstanding HS to pair with it?

You're likely right.

But we have a good Moore sculpt now. And I don't see Big Chief delivering The Spy Who Loved Me for several years yet at best and even then I think they'd go for the Navy Battledress (at least I hope so).

giphy.gif

Looks great! I really hope both DID and Big Chief will do Dalton Bonds- so many unmade outfit choices (black leather winter jacket, parachute jumpsuit, tan Tangier suit, Tuxedo (opera sniper scene- with velcro collar), blue truck chase suit)

You're likely right.

But we have a good Moore sculpt now. And I don't see Big Chief delivering The Spy Who Loved Me for several years yet at best and even then I think they'd go for the Navy Battledress (at least I hope so).

It *MAY* fly now if it were restarted, considering the lukewarm response to Big Chief's releases, how good this HS looks (at least at the proto stage) and the lack of a SWLM version.

Personally, I'd have to wait and see what the headsculpts look like after release to make the call.

Well, the figure is out for sale in HK, saw a few pictures of the new Moore HS Bond posted by a collector in Facebook, looks like we are getting a pretty/almost identical HS as the new prototype, looks very,very good in my very personal opinion....but....the body and fit of clothing looks horrible...maybe the fit of the clothing could improve with a change of body....again...in my own personal view and taste.

None of those are my photos, they are from Facebook, just posted these so fellow Bond enthusiasts can see how the final product looks.

giphy.gif

Looks great! I really hope both DID and Big Chief will do Dalton Bonds- so many unmade outfit choices (black leather winter jacket, parachute jumpsuit, tan Tangier suit, Tuxedo (opera sniper scene- with velcro collar), blue truck chase suit)

After Connery Dalton is my favorite Bond. I would buy any decent version of him put on the market.

It *MAY* fly now if it were restarted, considering the lukewarm response to Big Chief's releases, how good this HS looks (at least at the proto stage) and the lack of a SWLM version.

If they don’t pull the ol’ switcheroo, someone should definitely get a tux run going with Yunsil.

I'm don't remember now who initiated that potential run but I'll find out who it was. Maybe they'd be up for trying again.

After Connery Dalton is my favorite Bond. I would buy any decent version of him put on the market.

Same for me, his portrayal is closest to the character described in the books which may have assisted subconsciously in my rankings. He was also arguably the first to do the cold, less comedic killer thing well before Craig made it popular in recent years. Unfortunately there isn't yet (as far as I'm aware) a top standard Dalton sculpt available so hoping Big Chief still get to him soon as previously planned.

I'm don't remember now who initiated that potential run but I'll find out who it was. Maybe they'd be up for trying again.

YMBA mentioned yesterday on Facebook that he might consider organising it. Would be worth messaging him as he is currently checking interest

Getting mine from KG Hobby to. Might be here end of the week or more likely early next week.

It keeps coming in and out of stock on their website.

Back