DID Ernesto Che Guevara (1928-1967)!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think therein lies the difference. To some people its just an interest in history, not necessarily seeing the figures as a "glorificaion" so much as a representation of ones interest (history, in this case).

:lol:rotfl:lol So I take it every kid who buys this and wears Che shirts is a wannabe historian? :rolleyes:

Again, why stop there? Why not buy the 911 terrorists? Their mark in history was equally significant.

The 911 terrorists are not as "iconic" looking though, they look like a bunch of cabbies.

Great looking figure, I'd love him in the collection!

https://www.daily49er.com/2.292/che-guevara-hero-revolutionary-or-murderer-1.91427

It's difficult not to get political about a political figure, and as much as I detest a political leader like say the glorious Margaret Thatcher from my sceptred isle, if a figure was produced and if it was done well I'd probably want it. Hell I remember back in 88 meeting people in the US who thought it was OK to support murders, one mans revolutionary is another mans terrorist as that hackneyed old motto goes.
Che does stand up as a symbol, if nothing else, of not accepting things when they are plainly corrupt and wrong; sometimes you have to kick over the statues. Lord knows there are so many things I'm ashamed of from Britain’s glorious past, and the US has done more than its fair share too.
People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones... to use another tired idiom!

smart post wookster.

figure looks good, not something I would buy though.

The 911 terrorists are not as "iconic" looking though, they look like a bunch of cabbies.

smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif
smallish_ThatsRacist.gif

:lol:rotfl:lol So I take it every kid who buys this and wears Che shirts is a wannabe historian? :rolleyes:

Again, why stop there? Why not buy the 911 terrorists? Their mark in history was equally significant.

You're just not getting it are you. The 911 terrorists are not iconic images of a political ideal; they were misguided fanatics interpreting their scriptures in an angry and misguided manner, after being socially and politically brainwashed by clerics they trusted.
Can't you just for a second grasp that some one other than yourself is interested and might even want to educate them selves about Che Guevara. You can rattle your cage and scream that 'people should do what I want, not what they want' as much as you like, but it shows how your tolerance of these 'other' views has a lot in common with those you claim to despise.

:lecture:lecture:lecture That remark was absolutely racist.

You're just not getting it are you. The 911 terrorists are not iconic images of a political ideal; they were misguided fanatics interpreting their scriptures in an angry and misguided manner, after being socially and politically brainwashed by clerics they trusted.
Can't you just for a second grasp that some one other than yourself is interested and might even want to educate them selves about Che Guevara. You can rattle your cage and scream that 'people should do what I want, not what they want' as much as you like, but it shows how your tolerance of these 'other' views has a lot in common with those you claim to despise.

Okay, so I guess it would take some nutbag ****** to put them on a T-shirt and other idiots to wear said t-shirts then, right? When it boils down to it, you're dismissing the man's actions because you consider him a "Pop icon." Personally, it would've been better, and more politically correct for DiD to do Cesar Chavez or someone of like caliber who actually did some good for the Latin populace than someone who slaughtered people like cattle.

Last edited:
Che looks like Zachary Quinto in his younger days, no?.....I heard he likes peens...

:lecture:lecture:lecture That remark was absolutely racist.

Okay, so I guess it would take some nutbag ****** to put them on a T-shirt and other idiots to wear said t-shirts then, right? When it boils down to it, you're dismissing the man's actions because you consider him a "Pop icon." Personally, it would've been better, and more politically correct for DiD to do Caesar Chavez or someone who actually did some good for the Latin populace than someone who slaughtered people like cattle.

As we speak there is probably someone, somewhere wearing the T shirts you speak off. Obviously not openly and not here in the west, they'd get lynched, but I bet they are being worn.

And as for Caesar Chavez you make a good and valid point, but guess what, most people wouldn't even recognise him!
Where as Che-
2471391862_5531bfdbc6.jpg

Says it all really!

As we speak there is probably someone, somewhere wearing the T shirts you speak off. Obviously not openly and not here in the west, they'd get lynched, but I bet they are being worn.

And as for Caesar Chavez you make a good and valid point, but guess what, most people wouldn't even recognise him!
Where as Che-
2471391862_5531bfdbc6.jpg

Says it all really!

That it does. Unfortunately, one of the freedoms our country grants is the right to be an ignorant dumbass. In other countries you'd be shot or jailed for life for it. "God bless the ignorant." :lol

Unfortunately, one of the freedoms our country grants is the right to be an ignorant dumbass.

Sounds mighty like you'd like to see it that way round these parts too, keep those lily livered, free thinkin, pinko, bleedin heart liberals in their god'dam place!

In case you hadn't noticed this is a forum for collectors and many collect 1/6th figures, this is a 1/6th figure.
It is a legitimate figure of a pop cultural icon, and you come across as an intolerant bully. DEAL WITH IT!

"pop cultural icon"????
what world do you live in? I have a good friend whose parents were executed by the regime that your "pop cultural icon" was a part of. I know many families that were destroyed, separated because of your "pop cultural icon". I am proud to be "intolerant" of animals like this one.

"pop cultural icon"????
what world do you live in? I have a good friend whose parents were executed by the regime that your "pop cultural icon" was a part of. I know many families that were destroyed, separated because of your "pop cultural icon". I am proud to be "intolerant" of animals like this one.

And it sounds like you have every right to be, but this is a forum about collectibles, and as such Kuzeh had every right to start this thread. I was more concerned with your attack on him, and how he should be 'ashamed' to have started this thread.
I, like many here lost family in WWII, but I wouldn't say someone should be ashamed for starting a thread in which a small plastic depiction of Adolf Hitler was posted. Things need to be kept in perspective, Make your views clear which you have, but DO NOT INSULT OTHER BOARD MEMBERS.
Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back