Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone mentioned that this show sucks?!! :horse

Anyway, I saw this on youtube and it isn't half bad...

Sorry if it has already been posted.
[ame]https://youtu.be/Hl407-PZa3k[/ame]

I watched it and like I said the first 30 minutes was the usual awfulness, the only saving grace was that Deb got shot. I wonder if the spoiler was correct about Dedbra in the o.r. ?

I'd also like to add that I think MCH is a **** for saying he doesn't care what the fans think, the writers were happy with ending.
WTF is that? All these people invested their time watching this show and now he more or less says FU?
Shame on you MCH. :thwak

Michael C Hall.... I used to love the guy as an actor. Dexter was so important for me.

I was okay with season 5, I liked it. I HATE season 6 but I let it pass.
Season 7 was boring for me because of Hannah, but again, I was hanging in there.

But what Michael said about not caring what the fans say, and not doing the finale with the fans in mind. How much of a "F___ YOU" to the audience and the fans can you get?
Seriously, This goes deeper than him just making a comment for an interview.
It shows the mentality behind the scenes. It voices the mentality of the writers and the producers. F___ the fans, F___ the people that made this show and F__ the people that have been following it for so long. lets just make the most Soap Opera, cheesy and ridiculous ending we can think of.

I know I sound bitter, but seriously. MCH words pretty much show you that they really do Not care, and stopped caring for a while now.
they don't care they are making a crap show, and they are okay with it... but worst of all, they know the fans will hate the ending, and They eve expect it?

I watch Dexter now, looking at my watch wondering when it will be over....

I watch Breaking Bad, quickly glance at my watch and say "Oh no, there's only like 10 minutes left in this episode!"

This is no way to end a series. It's like they didn't even have a plan and just made a ton of filler.

I literally flipped the middle finger to my tv set last night.

I watch Dexter now, looking at my watch wondering when it will be over....

I watch Breaking Bad, quickly glance at my watch and say "Oh no, there's only like 10 minutes left in this episode!"

This is no way to end a series. It's like they didn't even have a plan and just made a ton of filler.

I literally flipped the middle finger to my tv set last night.

I honestly don't understand this. It really feels almost like they were writing each episode right after the other one. Feels like they were writing the show on the spot or something, making crap up.

How can they say this is how they wanted to end the show when nothing makes sense and Dexter is acting so stupid.

What happened to the Dexter that Killed Hannah's Father and Laguerta? the Dexter that would kill anyone to save himself and his family?
the Dexter that was losing himself, and become more violent?

I mean, last season Deb tries to get Dexter to stop killing, and Dexter starts to go insane.

But now Hannah's love saves him and he doesn't stop Saxon? like WTF?

Season 8 doesn't even make sense with season 7..... There is no continuity..... even from Last season

As long as Clarice Starling blows Dexter's brains out in the finale I'm ok with it

https://youtu.be/Hl407-PZa3k

that was pretty funny :lol

and even though he was trying to be funny. That is what I think most people were expecting the show to end with,
A lot of people were speculating about Angel going after Dexter before the season started.

Season 8 doesn't even make sense with season 7..... There is no continuity..... even from Last season

Even from earlier in the season. I was thinking Vogel was gonna get it for being so manipulative of Dexter. In the end, he's hugging her like she's his stepmother, but all she ever did was place more demands on him with the threat of exposing him as leverage. Dexter loves Hannah, cares for Vogel, takes Zach under his wing... and why? What has he done this season but simply follow orders and become a complete tool?

Dexter ate his own ***** this season.

https://youtu.be/Hl407-PZa3k

BTW, this guy is dead on. Great work!

Last edited:
I'd also like to add that I think MCH is a **** for saying he doesn't care what the fans think, the writers were happy with ending.
WTF is that? All these people invested their time watching this show and now he more or less says FU?

Good for him. I'd say the same thing in his position with all the *****ing going on. Investing time in watching a show doesn't entitle people to dictate the direction of it. You watch what's shown. If you like it you continue watching it and if you don't you turn the channel. Or, if you're a member of this kind of site apparently you continue watching anyways just so you can cry about it online immediately after the episode airs. :lol

It's one thing to listen to the fans. It's another to to do something that might be interesting to the fans. And it's another thing entirely to do the complete opposite thing that's interesting to no one. Except females.

Good for him. I'd say the same thing in his position with all the *****ing going on. Investing time in watching a show doesn't entitle people to dictate the direction of it. You watch what's shown. If you like it you continue watching it and if you don't you turn the channel. Or, if you're a member of this kind of site apparently you continue watching anyways just so you can cry about it online immediately after the episode airs. :lol

he is not only disappointing us. He is disappointing Any single person that will ever watch this for years to come.

that's the thing, Sure, fanboys are stupid, fanboys are crazy, don't watch it if you don't like it, bla bla bla.

But if they are not making this show for the fans, Then WHO the hell are they making this show for?
Who is their target audience now? I really don't get it. Is this some sort of personal journey Michael C Hall is taking as an actor? why waste so much money then?

I can understand that you cannot please all of your fans, but look at Breaking Bad. Almost every single person that is watching the show is loving the final episodes. Almost No one has anything bad to say. The people doing that show Care about doing a good show. they care for their work.

There is good television, and there is bad television. You cannot please everyone,

but at this point, Michael C Hall and the people at Showtime are not trying to please Anyone, at all. They are basically doing this show for a paycheck or something. This season screams nothing to me BUT Cash grab

if that is the case, Why Bother? seriously. Why not end Dexter in season 6 or season 5? Who are the people that buy the DVDs?

isYGUJzBxpNRd.gif

Sums up the episode perfectly. Especially my favorite scene, the guy in the background. Best part of the episode. :lol

But if they are not making this show for the fans, Then WHO the hell are they making this show for?

The heartless cynical answer is: for their own careers. MCH actually might want to do something else after this. Maybe the show feels like a drag because that's how it is on Hall. His perspective must be an interesting one since he managed to get married to a costar, get cancer, then get divorced from said costar, all during the show's tenure.

:dunno

But it is definitely time.

:lecture

Anyone else astonished by how much better Holly on Breaking Bad is compared to the three re-re's that have played Harrison? Just goes to show that when it comes to casting, they're not even trying. And what was up with that idiotic "Oh, dad, I combed my own hair!!!" scene? Really poor attempt at humour/cutesyness. Even a 4 year old wouldn't be that stupid.

And another thing, Dex finding Oliver's laptop at the scene. Does every single killer in Miami maintain an archive of their crimes on their laptops? Any of them use a password, maybe, or heard about encryption? Gah!

what kid??

Zach!
tumblr_mrw2xcYr801qjnnc9o1_250.gif

Anyone else astonished by how much better Holly on Breaking Bad is compared to the three re-re's that have played Harrison? Just goes to show that when it comes to casting, they're not even trying. And what was up with that idiotic "Oh, dad, I combed my own hair!!!" scene? Really poor attempt at humour/cutesyness. Even a 4 year old wouldn't be that stupid.

And another thing, Dex finding Oliver's laptop at the scene. Does every single killer in Miami maintain an archive of their crimes on their laptops? Any of them use a password, maybe, or heard about encryption? Gah!

Kudos to the epic fail of Dexter's writers AND casting! :pfft:

Back