Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after seeing the Finale last night I thought I would share my thoughts on the season as a whole.

After the trailer for season 7 was Aired I said to my Friend' This season looks very eventful but I bet they make lots of stuff happen just to cover up how crappy the writing is. Damn I was right. Lots of stuff happened in this season but 80% of it was absolutely pointless.

First of all my main gripe is the storylines and new characters. Louis Greene was introduced in season 6 and I really thought he was going to be relative to Dexter or at least an adversary. Nope. He sleeps with hookers collects toys and gets shot in episode 3 or 4. OK.

Next we have Isaak ( who was fantastically played by Ray Stevenson) and the Ukranian storyline with George the owner of the club and Nadia the dancer. Why? What did they bring to the overall story? Absolutely nothing. The Ukranian family turns on Isaak with no explanation and then he gets shot, George gets killed by Quinn and Nadia leaves the country.

The Phantom Arsonist guy. Again adds nothing to the story, just filler because Isaak and Pals are dead.

There are some great characters here but they are completely and utterly wasted and none of the main characters are changed from the encounters with these people.

Next point is Dexters Killings: An aiport, a shooting range and next to his trunk in broad daylight next to a busy park. WTF?????. I'm starting to think the only way I can watch this show is by pretending its set in an alternate reality where everyone outside the main cast is blind.

Next thing is the idiocy of some of the characters. Dexter gets Hector to call La Guerta and tell her he's in the same shipping container as the previous episode ( not sure what the time difference is here, I'm guessing a week as its now New Years eve) but what if she calls for backup, what will he do then? Oh it doesn't matter because the stupid Captain of Police hasn't told anyone else where she's going. Convenient that.

I seem to remember that season 6 took place during the height of summer and season 7 carries on straight after those events. Suddenly its Xmas and New Year? Riiiiight.

The CCTV footage from Mike Andersons wife. No. Just no.

My biggest gripe about the entire series was when Dexter and Deb go to the New Years eve party in the SAME CLOTHES they wore when deb shot La Guerta and then hugged her bloody corpse. Now I understand that Jennifer Carpenter added that part herself, but how sloppy is it that they didn't actually bother to change the end scene because of this added part. Lazy, sloppy writing.

Ok the things I liked. I actually enjoyed the relationship between Deb, Dexter and Hannah. I thought that part was very well rounded and the acting was superb across the board. I liked where the season headed in that Deb took down La Guerta but the way it got there was so flawed. I enjoyed seeing Doakes back but it just reminded me of a time when the show was much much better. I liked how Batista actually did some detective work ( except for when Quinn shot George and tried to make it look like it was self defense and Batista just believes him.)

Overall I liked the main storyline and I liked most of the new characters but the 5 year old writers ruined this season for me and although I liked it better than season 6, its ultimately just as poor.

This post. I like it. Another please. But add this....

This season was total ass. And i'll agree with you. I'm surprised you found something you liked.

Well, if it's any consolation to all of you, I am done with this show. :lol

I gave it another chance to redeem itself from season 6 because I felt it deserved it. Dexter could've come back in full form.

But it didn't. I will, however, enjoy reading this thread, and finding out what happens. But just don't feel the need to pay for Showtime ever again. :lol

I've never had Showtime, but watching the episodes the night they air has never been a problem.

Torrents have become my preferred way of watching shows, whether I get the channel or not. But I'm always surprised when someone is like, "I can't watch that because I don't get X channel."

some people don't like torrents. Not a fan.

Not for moral reasons mind you, just too much waiting for something I really don't have a mighty need to wait for. :lol

Not for moral reasons mind you, just too much waiting for something I really don't have a mighty need to wait for. :lol

I guess it depends on connections, etc. A 720p of Dexter takes about three minutes to download for me.

One of the main reasons I like doing it for non-cable shows is I don't even have to fast forward through commercials.

Ya I torrent them too and add them to my media drive where I keep them to watch again if I want, and to anyone who's giving up on the show now, there's only one more season! Don't you want to see how it ends as sloppy as the writing may be?

Well, if it's any consolation to all of you, I am done with this show. :lol

I gave it another chance to redeem itself from season 6 because I felt it deserved it. Dexter could've come back in full form.

But it didn't. I will, however, enjoy reading this thread, and finding out what happens. But just don't feel the need to pay for Showtime ever again. :lol

I'm right there with you man.

There was a time when Dexter was my favorite show on television. I loved Six Feet Under so much I was excited when I heard the news of Michael C. Hall having a new show where he not only was the main character, but the complete opposite of the character of David Fisher.

I watched it from the very beginning and absolutely loved it. It was painful each week waiting for the next episode, and then having to wait nine months between seasons. When Rita died I was so shocked. I had no idea where the show was going to go at that point.

When season five aired I was mildly disappointed but was more forgiving then. I figured they had painted themselves into a corner and just didn't know how to get out of it. After all it wasn't until they were part way through filming season 4 that they decided to kill Rita. It wasn't really thought out, just a great cliffhanger.So I was willing to give them a chance.

After watching the horrible 6th and 7th seasons I can say without a doubt this has become the worst show on television. The only redeeming thing this year was Isaak and the poor dudes story line was filler. I just don't care anymore. I just can't be bothered to sit through another 12 episodes of this garbage.

I used to have Showtime then dumped it. But I still watch this. Full episodes (with no commercials) are available the next day on the world wide infranetZ. Pretty easy to find.

I know. But I enjoy watching them when they air. We used to get Showtime for as long as Dexter aired, then drop it right after.

I'm right there with you man.

There was a time when Dexter was my favorite show on television. I loved Six Feet Under so much I was excited when I heard the news of Michael C. Hall having a new show where he not only was the main character, but the complete opposite of the character of David Fisher.

I watched it from the very beginning and absolutely loved it. It was painful each week waiting for the next episode, and then having to wait nine months between seasons. When Rita died I was so shocked. I had no idea where the show was going to go at that point.

When season five aired I was mildly disappointed but was more forgiving then. I figured they had painted themselves into a corner and just didn't know how to get out of it. After all it wasn't until they were part way through filming season 4 that they decided to kill Rita. It wasn't really thought out, just a great cliffhanger.So I was willing to give them a chance.

After watching the horrible 6th and 7th seasons I can say without a doubt this has become the worst show on television. The only redeeming thing this year was Isaak and the poor dudes story line was filler. I just don't care anymore. I just can't be bothered to sit through another 12 episodes of this garbage.

Aside from watching right before the 4th season came on, I agree with everything you said. :goodpost:

I know. But I enjoy watching them when they air. We used to get Showtime for as long as Dexter aired, then drop it right after.

You can actually do that as well, with a live stream. I did that a couple times but stopped because without fail someone in my family would need me for something at that exact moment. Before and after when I actually had free time, nothing. But once that theme music would hit I'd be the most popular person in the damn house! :lol

:lol

That's how I felt when I was a kid, and Zim would come on. We could be on vacation. I was getting to a TV no matter what!

But yeah, I know. I just hate watching things on the computer. I have before, but eh. I prefer either a theater seat, or a couch. :D

:lol

That's how I felt when I was a kid, and Zim would come on. We could be on vacation. I was getting to a TV no matter what!

But yeah, I know. I just hate watching things on the computer. I have before, but eh. I prefer either a theater seat, or a couch. :D

The majority of the things that I download I put them on my media drive thats hooked to my tv via hdmi. Its all the comforts of watching the show as if it was being aired minus the adds. ;) Each week I watched my Walking dead and Dexter back to back the day after they aired in the states.

I've never had Showtime, but watching the episodes the night they air has never been a problem.

Torrents have become my preferred way of watching shows, whether I get the channel or not. But I'm always surprised when someone is like, "I can't watch that because I don't get X channel."

I also hate torrents for the same reasons you listed plus torrents are too risky as well.

But people upload the episode online the same night it airs. sometimes like 30 minutes after it has just aired. You just have to know where to look.
You shouldn't have to download anything from torrents. When you can just click play, no downloading no nothing.

I also hate torrents for the same reasons you listed plus torrents are too risky as well.

But people upload the episode online the same night it airs. sometimes like 30 minutes after it has just aired. You just have to know where to look.
You shouldn't have to download anything from torrents. When you can just click play, no downloading no nothing.

Private trackers are where it's at. The episodes are up ten minutes after airing, and there's almost no risk.

I'm not worried if other people don't like them, they've made it a hell of a lot easier for me.

Oh Torrents have saved me money. But with media products, eh. Like I said, no moral, or legal issues. Just...Veruca Salt issues. :lol

I want it now :D

The way I see it is, if you like something so much to want to own it then just buy it.
But to watch something just watch it, I really hate when people download stuff to watch and they might not even like it. What a waste.

Do you treat friends and family like that? Because that's how I see it.

You once liked this person, but they got into drugs and became bat**** ****ing retarded. You gave them chances, but they're now worthless to you. And you hope they die for the pain they caused.

Back