Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought most of what people didn't like was pretty well-explained. I can't say this is season is the worst of any show, but by Dexter standards it is not a solid season.

Do you think it has been a cleverly written season? Do you think that it has had the twists and turns fans have come to expect from the show?

I'm open to listening to reasoning here, I like different points of view. I'd love to see somebody defend this season actually!

:exactly::rotfl

I think people are being concise, critical in a good way and not just bashing the show for the sake of bashing it. We all loved Dexter, but just notice certain things that ra eeither lacking, and quite frankly, a standard that was set very high.

:exactly::goodpost:

We are just being good fans, and analyzing things to a point that's reasonable.

I'll say this, it will never touch or be mentioned with the likes of 'the Sopranos' that's for sure.

I get where you all are coming from, I do. I've been a fan of this show since the beginning. And I'm currently working on a custom running me over $400. So I am critical as well.

But to say this is one of the worst seasons of any show ever? That's a joke. Dexter had yet to outdo seasons 4,2 or 1. But I didn't expect them to. Those seasons were godlike. I think its getting more critisism then deserving.

Look at how he got out of season 2. Escaping Layla, getting caught by Doakes,the bay harbor butcher storyline. Yet ppl are complaining that he escaped a boat on fire! Of all the ____ he has gotten out of that was easy.

It's like some ppl come in here just to bash it. If you don't like it don't watch it. :dunno

Season four had a solid story, a creepy villain and and top talent actor playing him.

If they hire another featherweight like Colin Hanks next season it will ruin this show.

I get where you all are coming from, I do. I've been a fan of this show since the beginning. And I'm currently working on a custom running me over $400. So I am critical as well.

But to say this is one of the worst seasons of any show ever? That's a joke. Dexter had yet to outdo seasons 4,2 or 1. But I didn't expect them to. Those seasons were godlike. I think its getting more critisism then deserving.

Look at how he got out of season 2. Escaping Layla, getting caught by Doakes,the bay harbor butcher storyline. Yet ppl are complaining that he escaped a boat on fire! Of all the ____ he has gotten out of that was easy.

It's like some ppl come in here just to bash it. If you don't like it don't watch it. :dunno

1. So, since you are spending $400 on a customs... that means what? You are better? Oh, hold on, DP -- post those vids of your collecting. If we go by that, then only he should be only one allowed to DISCUSS the show. C'mon man... bring something else to the table. WE ALL LOVE THE SHOW. As for the money angle, so what?! I got a Kato clothing set, a Xeno head and a head sculpt I'm not supposed to talk about... a long time ago. Spent well over $400. :lecture LOL. We all are here to chat about the show, good and bad. The show is not immune from critique, and people here are doing so in a very concise and very reasonable manner.

2. "But to say this is one of the worst seasons of any show ever?"

WHO SAID THAT? Now, you are putting words in people's mouths, 'cause as far as I see, not oner person here has gone that far.

3. You said... "Dexter had yet to outdo seasons 4,2 or 1. But I didn't expect them to. Those seasons were godlike. I think its getting more critisism then deserving."

Duh. Did you not read when I said, "a standard that was set very high."
:monkey1

4. You said: "It's like some ppl come in here just to bash it. If you don't like it don't watch it."

Who -- what? When? As I said, fans on this thread are "We are just being good fans, and analyzing things to a point that's reasonable. "

And,

"I think people are being concise, critical in a good way and not just bashing the show for the sake of bashing it. We all loved Dexter, but just notice certain things that ra eeither lacking, and quite frankly, a standard that was set very high."

:lecture

1. So, since you are spending $400 on a customs... that means what? You are better? Oh, hold on, DP -- post those vids of your collecting. If we go by that, then only he should be only one allowed to DISCUSS the show. C'mon man... bring something else to the table. WE ALL LOVE THE SHOW. As for the money angle, so what?! I got a Kato clothing set, a Xeno head and a head sculpt I'm not supposed to talk about... a long time ago. Spent well over $400. :lecture LOL. We all are here to chat about the show, good and bad. The show is not immune from critique, and people here are doing so in a very concise and very reasonable manner.

WHO SAID THAT? Now, you are putting words in people's mouths, 'cause as far as I see, not oner person here has gone that far.

3. You said... "Dexter had yet to outdo seasons 4,2 or 1. But I didn't expect them to. Those seasons were godlike. I think its getting more critisism then deserving."

4. You said: "It's like some ppl come in here just to bash it. If you don't like it don't watch it."

Who -- what? When? As I said, fans on this thread are "We are just being good fans, and analyzing things to a point that's reasonable. "

And,

"I think people are being concise, critical in a good way and not just bashing the show for the sake of bashing it. We all loved Dexter, but just notice certain things that ra eeither lacking, and quite frankly, a standard that was set very high."

:exactly::goodpost:

..and if any of us do come across as "bashing the show" I'm sure it's just because we are watching a character/show we all love ruined by terrible writing and that can be frustrating for a fan.

This is hands down one of the worst seasons of any show I have ever watched. Last nights episode just proves it.

You would think after his brother trying to kill Deb, Lila trying to kill the kids, Trinity actually killing his wife, and Chase trying to kill Lumen that he would, I don't know, try to protect his family just a little bit better.

"Hey man, here is a video of me in front of my boat so that you can totally find out my identity, so that once again someone can try to murder/abduct someone I care for in the finale".
this quote days it, I didn't put words in anyone's mouth :lecture

And,

I wasn't working the money angle at all. Simply trying to put how big a fan I am and all I see is negative critisism :dunno

I'm not better than anyone else. Never meant to come off that way if I did.

Unlike most of the bashing that goes on around here, and that's about 60% of this board, I think the people here are actually rooting for the show.

Unfortunately, they've given very little to discuss with positivity. Everyone seems pretty curious about Louis but that's about it. The Big Bad is probably the weakest of the series and the Debster romance angle is downright terrible.

For the finale, I hope they dispatch Travis quickly and then sucker punch us with something amazing. I would be thrilled if they managed to add some element that makes me forget about the shortcomings this year.

Unlike most of the bashing that goes on around here, and that's about 60% of this board, I think the people here are actually rooting for the show.

Unfortunately, they've given very little to discuss with positivity. Everyone seems pretty curious about Louis but that's about it. The Big Bad is probably the weakest of the series and the Debster romance angle is downright terrible.

For the finale, I hope they dispatch Travis quickly and then sucker punch us with something amazing. I would be thrilled if they managed to add some element that makes me forget about the shortcomings this year.

Agreed.

I've been a fan too since the start and I've built about 6 different UNMENTIONABLE MIAMI SERIAL KILLER BLOOD ANALYST figures myself as well, and I still wanna build more regardless! We're all fans here. So, there's no sense in us not getting along. :peace

I want the show to be great, I am passionate about the shows I like and I only like VERY FEW tv series. These days I watch The Walking Dead and Dexter, that's it....that's is all I watch regarding series tv.

To sum it up, here's a post I made all the way back on page 94 of this very thread, lol:

I'm a huge Dexter fan, but i'm really having a hard time getting sold on the idea of the show still having alot of life left in it right now. Seasons 1 and 2 were just as epic as you can get to me, 3 was a bit of a letdown for me, but it had it's moments (I hated the ending). Season 4 was definitely really good and the ending was EPIC, just really floored me.

I think the show has really gotten sidetracked after Seasons 1 & 2. To me, what really helped to push the character of Dexter in Seasons 1 & 2 so well was the inner dialogue and the mood-setting music. The music ALWAYS set the mood (that Blood Theme is EPIC, as is Astor's Birthday) and Dexter's inner dialogue/narraration always helped put the viewer right into the character. Now, it seems that the show has gotten more about one-upping with special guests, putting Dexter in ridiculous situations, who Deb's sleeping with and every episode contains more and more one-liners from Deb and Masuka. To me the show suffers from the change in direction.

But....I can see fans letting these things slide a bit. My real #1 problem with the show now is the unexplained kills where Dexter kills outside of the code. Maybe it's part of the set-up for the series finale where Dexter gets convicted/killed/etc. but it's still a loose end that hurts the show for me. A guy whos such a methodical, "neat" monster with a code goes outside of his modus operandi like it's nothing? If it's a part of a bigger picture here, they really aren't doing a good job of explaining it to me.

I still watching the show every Sunday, but I'm really hoping that it can return to it's glory. I'm starting to think that by giving last Season such an epic ending, it may end up costing them. I think alot of fans forgot how important the Old School Rita was to the show.

That's still how I feel 2 seasons later. :wave

I want the final episode to redeem the whole season!

I'm not giving up hope. Who knows, maybe they needed a "transition season" to move away from all of Dexter's previous baggage to set up this final movement.
They have all the raw material to pull off something great if they truly have a plan for final2 seasons.

I was looking for some reference pics for a Dark Defender figure I'm working on and ran across this page. After scrolling over it and watching the video at the bottom, I found myself wanting to watch Season 2 all over again.

https://www.deadfilm.net/2011/01/06/

Why doesn't Dexter bowl anymore?

this is a very weak season, because it has a very very weak bad guy, and some weak Dexter's inner monologues, that can't be denied, I still love this show and this show is better than 80% of what is on tv right now, BUT
as for Dexter's standards for show, this falls flat, I mean, it just does,
writing is just not great, sometimes feels all over the place

It would have been far more interesting if Dexter had garroted Travis way back and then have Dex came under (alive) Geller's influence. Dexter had been somewhat religously interested earlier in the season, they could have played on that and had Geller get into Dexter's head.

I would actually be happy if all this season turned out to be a dream. My colleague at work who is a big fan said Travis should be right about it being the end of the world and have everyone die at the end.

Last edited:
It would have been far more interesting if Dexter had garroted Travis way back and then have Dex came under (alive) Geller's influence. Dexter had been somewhat religously interested earlier in the season, they could have played on that and had Geller get into Dexter's head.

That could've been really cool actually!

Have the audience convinced that Gellar is not real, then after Travis dies, have the real Gellar come out and try to convince Dexter to take his place and finish "God's" work. Definitely alot of missed chances this season, there's probably 10 different directions the show could've went and been better than what we've gotten.

I am so sick of hearing about Dexter's Dark Passenger but most of all I am sick of the way he says "My Dark Passeneger" :lol

I am so sick of hearing about Dexter's Dark Passenger but most of all I am sick of the way he says "My Dark Passeneger" :lol

Exactly, you know what... it's fine if we do, but he shouldn't reference it a lot on the show.

I have a feelin' that they'll leave us with a big cliffhanger on Sunday night -- then, we'll suffer for months, agonizing over the season premiere next year. :yess:

It's pretty much exactly like The Force, at first Dark Passenger was just a general term for his urges, a cute little nickname for his killer instinct. . . now they tried to make it more into his backstory and now his Dark Passenger is his midichlorians, and it's a manifestation of his brother that keeps driving him to kill.

Don't explain it, just let it be.

Back