Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My prediction: (prep your barf bags)

The DDK story resolves, all is well in Dex's world, and just as he's about to breathe a sigh of relief some cops from Nebraska show up to arrest him.

Oh, I'm not saying it's a good idea. I just think it will happen.

Maybe Dexter's blood drops from his nose bleed are discovered at the marina from when he tried to take down Travis.

Its got to the point now where I'm checking on here to see what people say about the show before I watch it. I don't care about spoilers because I feel like I'm watching it just for the sake of it now. Sundays episode sounds lame but I will probably watch it anyway. I agree about this being one of the worst seasons of any show ever. Doesn't help that I've been watching Boardwalk Empire aswell though.

What if LOUIS is really TRAVIS' BROTHER
Nah son...
Maybe Dexter's blood drops from his nose bleed are discovered at the marina from when he tried to take down Travis.

Well, it is his own marina, his own boat is docked there... so there is an alibi there. Although, maybe they can tie something with the blood droplete, maybe just maybe... and I always felt that that trip to Nebraska, impulse kill et., may come back to haunt him.

I too am hoping that this season finale will kind of make it all worthwhile for me. While I still enjoy watching it...it has begun to feel a little silly.

Once again I don't get all the negative feedback :dunno

I thought most of what people didn't like was pretty well-explained. I can't say this is season is the worst of any show, but by Dexter standards it is not a solid season.

Do you think it has been a cleverly written season? Do you think that it has had the twists and turns fans have come to expect from the show?

I'm open to listening to reasoning here, I like different points of view. I'd love to see somebody defend this season actually!

Only if they have a good blood analyst. Oh, wait...
:exactly::rotfl

Once again I don't get all the negative feedback :dunno
I think people are being concise, critical in a good way and not just bashing the show for the sake of bashing it. We all loved Dexter, but just notice certain things that ra eeither lacking, and quite frankly, a standard that was set very high.

I thought most of what people didn't like was pretty well-explained. I can't say this is season is the worst of any show, but by Dexter standards it is not a solid season.

Do you think it has been a cleverly written season? Do you think that it has had the twists and turns fans have come to expect from the show?

I'm open to listening to reasoning here, I like different points of view. I'd love to see somebody defend this season actually!

:exactly::rotfl
:exactly::goodpost:

We are just being good fans, and analyzing things to a point that's reasonable.

I'll say this, it will never touch or be mentioned with the likes of 'the Sopranos' that's for sure.

Yeah, the "one of the worst seasons ever!!!!!!!!!" description is a fine bit of hyperbole. Without a doubt, this is my least favorite season of Dexter, by far. But if you want to see a current example of a once-great show that has gone down the toilet while holding an anchor, just look at The Office.

So while I still think this season is better than most current TV fare (though nowhere near the current best), compared to itself, it suffers greatly.

Which shows why Breaking Bad's self-imposed ending is great for the show. Sure, it'll deprive us of new episodes after next year, but it will go out strongly. You could have said that going into this season of Dexter, especially with the MCH contract stuff. A lot of people were saying they should end it this season, to go out before it has a chance to get weak. Well, now I am very glad for the next two seasons. Because at least there is a chance to right the ship before ending.

Season 3 was my least favorite season. Too much Dex and Rita hanging out with Jimmy Smitz family and acting domestic. But season three was a mess from the start. I never felt like it was going anywhere.

By contrast this season had potential - It started off decent and then lost it's steam. And became predicable, the worst crime. And Dexter is becoming too well adjusted to believe in his dark nature.

I'm really mad at die now.

He really made me wish they had never shown the hand while Jamie was at his place and there was a more epic moment this past episode. Total waste of a moment.

I think the thing that wins episode 3 over in my mind over this season would be Miguel Prado, I liked that character. He mad a much more interesting/believable bad guy than Hanks Jr. I just don't think it was a wise choice to rest so much on Hanks' shoulders this season. Had they extended the Gellar part to the last episode and gave him more screen time, Hanks could've shined with a smaller role at the end.

I've said it and I'll say it again, this season could've been great. They revealed too much about Louis, Gellar and Travis way too early. And the context in which they used Brian Moser resulted in a one-episode guilty pleasure when it could've been an epic struggle in the last episode between Harry & Brian fighting to steer Dexter down different paths.

I could rewrite this whole Season in 15 minutes and have people mentioning awards. :peace:monkey1

I think one of the big disappointments for me is the fact that Gellar was not real. How much more clever it would have been to have tricked us into thinking he was not real, and then for it to be he did exist. Now we just have Colin Hanks becoming generic religious nut-job killer, rather than the more interesting character he was before the "twist" was revealed.
It's also such a shame that Brother Sam (One of the best things about this season) has almost been forgotten.

You know this season was a stinker when even DP is saying it has sucked! :lol

But yeah, 3 (or maybe 5 because it was so depressing) was the worst season before this one. We need another Season 1 or 4 next year or else the next 2 will just be a bore. Hopefully we get a nice juicy momment at the end of this season that will lead into next season (like Deb finding out about Dexter, or making out with him now I guess :lol ). That worked really well for season 4 into 5 IMO, but it did make that whole year depressing because of it.

It's almost like they switched writers from episode 5 onward. The Brother Sam stuff was excellent and Dexter drowning that kid was powerful.

Back