Detolfs back in stock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolf soon to be in stock again!

Black > Beech. :wave

tumblr_lf8lmcFysO1qzqorf.gif

First time posting here. Seeing you guys talk about the Detolf shelves helped me decide to pick a few up. The Ikea on Long Island finally got them back in. Picked up two, with some lights, and they look fantastic. Got a mix of Sideshow stuff in there with some DC Direct statues I collect. Couldn't be happier. Only thing I am going to do, is take off the rounded feet , and left them lay flat on the floor to cut down on rattling.

Yeah, I don't think many use the feet. Could be wrong though.

I know I don't.

What lights did you use?

Just called my "local" IKEA and they have 120 of these in stock! Looks like I'll be making the 4 hour round trip on Friday! :banana

I really wanted the beech to go with the furniture in the room but after getting this response from Ikea when asking about the beech I don't know how much longer I can hold off.

Hello Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, we haven't received a confirmation date for delivery.
At this time, we are estimating a time frame of January. We do
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

We do hope that this information has been helpful, and we thank you
for your inquiry.

Best Regards,
Natalie
IKEA Customer Care Center

January is a long way off, but I think it's worth it if it will make for a better over all display.

My IKEA had plenty of both Black and Beech. :eek:

Here are the two I built this weekend:

P1150122.jpg

Got an extra one in the garage still boxed up, if I ever need to expand even more. My wife doesn't know it's there. :monkey3

January is a long way off, but I think it's worth it if it will make for a better over all display.

My IKEA had plenty of both Black and Beech. :eek:

Thanks Maglor. Where are you located?
BTW: Your display looks great!

Do detolfs ever go on sale? I think I read that they were 19.99 one year in November, but does anyone know if Ikea would ever do that again?

I'd hate to buy one now and then a month later have them drop in price for some "Living Room Event Sale" or something :lol

That was just for a black Friday sale a few Thanksgivings ago. It was $20 for the white ones, and was limited to one per person (although that was easily gotten around). The white ones were discontinued shortly thereafter, so I wouldn't hold your breath for another detolf sale quite like that one.

I plan on picking up a Detolf this weekend but all the furniture in my room is white. I wish they still had the white ones for sale. I don't understand why they discontinued them. Guess I'll have to paint the wood pieces.

Here are the two I built this weekend:

P1150122.jpg

Got an extra one in the garage still boxed up, if I ever need to expand even more. My wife doesn't know it's there. :monkey3

Nice set up you have. I need to pick up a few more of these. Glad they have these back in stock. Great bang for the buck.

According to the website, my local Ikea (Elizabeth, NJ) still only has the black ones. Which kind of sucks since the five I've already got in my treasure room all have the beech finish.

(In retrospect, I wish I'd started with the black ones, because I prefer the look. But there's no way I'm emptying, disassembling and painting all the ones I've already got set up and packed to the gills!)

I've heard rumblings that the beech version will be back in stock in this area in the next few weeks, though.

P'raps it's time to fire off another e-mail question ...

Just heard back from Ikea regarding beech Detolfs in my area ...

"Unfortunately, the DETOLF glass door cabinet in beech is out of stock, due to supplier issues. Currently, we do not have any information on when it is expected to be re-stocked. We recommend checking availability of this product in January."

Hmm ... I may be forced to switch over to the black ones ...

:impatient:

Went to my local IKEA today, they had both colors in stock, I'd say 15 of each. Picked up the Black/Brown one.

Back