Detolfs back in stock!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolf soon to be in stock again!

Wait, the Elizabeth, NJ store has the black ones in stock? Awesome - that's the store closest to me anyway! (without having to go to Brooklyn)

Wait, the Elizabeth, NJ store has the black ones in stock? Awesome - that's the store closest to me anyway! (without having to go to Brooklyn)

I don't know if it's the black or dark wood, I just know it wasn't the beech (light wood). Double check before making the trip.

I was at the New Haven, CT store today and picked up two in brown-black. They did not have any other colors. Were about 13 when I left. They said that at that store they sell about 9 a week and they expect to get one more shipment of 15 and then they'll be gone for good. Wether that is true or not I can't say, but I spent about 10 minutes talking to a VERY helpful guy who was quoting me sales numbers (weekly and daily sales, stock numbers, and delivery schedule). He stated that after the next delivery there were no plans for them to re-stock it.

Like I said, don't take my word for it, but if you can grab them I'd go grab them.

Hey AvatarFan, I just bought the last 2 from the New Haven Store. I called at 3 and was told they had 9 in stock. Called back at 6:30 and was told they had 3 left. Raced over there and bought the last 2 they had on the pallet.

All of this is very weird. Detolfs used to be stocked by the pallet-full everywhere...

I just sent an email about in-stock availability at the Denver location. The store only opened a month or so ago, so with the Detolf's odd in-stock availability lately, I'm wondering if they even got an initial shipment.

I could have called the store to find out, but I figure every email they get asking about Detolfs can't hurt their awareness of our interest in the product.

I wrote an email last week and still no answer. Im getting fed up with this.

Below is my latest e-mail exchange with Ikea where I asked if there was any truth to the rumor (that someone mentioned a page or two back) that the detolf could be permanently discontinued. True, the customer service rep that replied doesn't say it's a firm "No way in hell," but she also seemed a little surprised by the question.

So it looks like we're safe.

Here's what I asked ...

Comments and questions: I understand there have been issues involving the glass display cabinet known as the Detolf. For some months they were unavailable and now they seem to be in limited supply (and only in one color). They've also disappeared from your website. I called my local store and was told the second color, beech, would finally be in stock in mid-October. This is welcome news, but I've heard a rumor that after the fall restock ... that the detolf would be discontinued permanently. Is this true? Will this be my last chance to purchase this fine and useful cabinet? I hope not!
Thanks,
--Robb

And they answered:

Hello Robb,

Thank you for your continued interest in IKEA. We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us.

We haven't received any information regarding our Detolf cabinet series being discontinued. Our Designers provide us with updated information every three months. Our latest update goes up to October 2011 and there isn't any mention of the Detolf being discontinued. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do hope that this information has been helpful, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Best Regards,
Jennifer
IKEA Customer Care Center

So there it is. Take that for what it's worth.

It seems to me, judging by what we're all hearing from different stores, it just looks like there might have been supply or factory issues for a while but that they're starting to get back on track now.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

:goodpost: Nice Rob, good to hear from them direct instead of various employees at stores all over the world :lol

A little bit off topic, but does anyone have a recommendation for a riser that is strong enough to support the weight of a sideshow Kratos or a sideshow 2011 polystone Gandalf?

I want to lift them up a little so they don't look awkward with a big vertical space in between.

Thanks

Below is my latest e-mail exchange with Ikea where I asked if there was any truth to the rumor (that someone mentioned a page or two back) that the detolf could be permanently discontinued. True, the customer service rep that replied doesn't say it's a firm "No way in hell," but she also seemed a little surprised by the question.

So it looks like we're safe.

Here's what I asked ...

And they answered:

So there it is. Take that for what it's worth.

It seems to me, judging by what we're all hearing from different stores, it just looks like there might have been supply or factory issues for a while but that they're starting to get back on track now.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

I was so confused reading this, since I'm Robb as well, and was thinking, "That's not what the email to me said at all!"

Detolfs have been restocked in the NY/NJ/Penn IKEAS that are local to me but they all carry the dark brown color only :slap :gah::gah:

Detolfs have been restocked in the NY/NJ/Penn IKEAS that are local to me but they all carry the dark brown color only :slap :gah::gah:

Computers said mid/end of October they will be getting white back. If that's useful to anyone I don't know?

Theyre now back on the site and have the stock-check available. Ill be getting another in a week or two. :)

Back